Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Goofyernmost

We need them back. Fans will be super mad if they choose to replace Figment and DreamFinder with Inside Out as rumored. Disney's smart. They'll do what's best for fans, and bring these characters back to relevance to make money off of new fans, too.
Sorry, being a fan of Figment and DreamFinder (original) I feel it is no where near the problem that you seem to think it is. So many current fans of WDW have never witnessed or even know anything about the original. The current Figment is no where near the personality of the first one. He died with DreamFinder. The new snotty, almost mean Figment has not picked up the following that the 80's creation did. It can pass into something new and Disney will not have enough backlash to even be noticeable. Brace yourself for it. The original dark ride as well as the entire, once magnificent Imagination pavilion, is not even a shadow of it's former self. It was great, it is now practically a ghost town. If they can't do the place back to the mind boggling thing that it was then let's move on and see if they can catch lightning in a bottle like they did once upon a time.

Last edited:

DinoInstitute

Demolishing the building doesn't make any sense. If they were to just gut it and start over it would essentially be a blank canvas.
I agree, I honestly just find it bizarre more than anything. I can’t imagine how completely demolishing and rebuilding the whole structure and ride rather than just fixing what’s already there would even be worth the return on investment.

No Name

Figment is one of the most profitable park-original characters, if not the most profitable, despite the absolute blunder that the current ride is. To get rid of him would either represent a misunderstanding of why the current ride isn’t getting good ratings, or represent a personal agenda to establish the parks as secondary to film. It would not represent a good business decision.

Glad to hear again that he may be staying.

wdwgreek

Figment is one of the most profitable park-original characters, if not the most profitable, despite the absolute blunder that the current ride is. To get rid of him would either represent a misunderstanding of why the current ride isn’t getting good ratings, or represent a personal agenda to establish the parks as secondary to film. It would not represent a good business decision.

Glad to hear again that he may be staying.
Do we know how much figment related merchandise epcot sells? And how it compares to the other IPs in the park?

DCLcruiser

The mere fact that we have a dragon character should attract guests and merchandise. Give us the ride we deserve! Figment is hidden and under utilized. They should demolish the movie theatre (sorry Capt. EO, HISTA) and add that space to the new ride. The "Figment of Imagination" would be a better name for the attraction.

Imagination is so much more than the senses. The ability to create worlds out of nothing. This is the foundation of story telling, movies, Marvel, WDI, entrepreneurialism and just about everything creative.

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

Do we know how much figment related merchandise epcot sells? And how it compares to the other IPs in the park?
How much competition has there ever been? If we're considering only in-park characters:

Big Al from the Country Bear Jamboree (I had the plush toy as a kid)

The Tiki Room birds

The Hitch-Hiking Ghosts/Hatbox Ghost

Buzzy from Cranium Command

Mr. Brocoli from Kitchen Cabaret

The Timekeeper

Trader Sam

I can easily see Figment out-selling all the rest amongst park-only characters. Probably only Big Al would come close, mainly because they sold that stuffed animal for at least a decade.

SpoiledBlueMilk

How much competition has there ever been? If we're considering only in-park characters:

Big Al from the Country Bear Jamboree (I had the plush toy as a kid)

The Tiki Room birds

The Hitch-Hiking Ghosts/Hatbox Ghost

Buzzy from Cranium Command

Mr. Brocoli from Kitchen Cabaret

The Timekeeper

Trader Sam

I can easily see Figment out-selling all the rest amongst park-only characters. Probably only Big Al would come close, mainly because they sold that stuffed animal for at least a decade.

You're forgetting Madame Leota, the Song of the South characters at Splash!

Epcot_Imagineer

It's a fairly big building...Considering with half the track layout being covered it could be repurposed (Just a thought).
View attachment 397400
It's bound to be somewhere that I haven't looked at yet, (likely deep in one of @marni1971's tribute videos), but could someone post a comparison of the space being used for the ride in the current V3 compared to V1? Just trying to figure out how much unused space there is now, how it was utilized in the beginning, differing track layouts, etc.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's bound to be somewhere that I haven't looked at yet, (likely deep in one of @marni1971's tribute videos), but could someone post a comparison of the space being used for the ride in the current V3 compared to V1? Just trying to figure out how much unused space there is now, how it was utilized in the beginning, differing track layouts, etc.
Yep. Buried in my JIYI edit.

Light purple was removed.

87060936-3373-40C6-BBC4-CA8384B8F25B.jpeg

Of course if you watch the whole video it’s all explained :) :

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Yep. Buried in my JIYI edit.

Light purple was removed.

View attachment 397729

Of course if you watch the whole video it’s all explained :) :

Martin if I’m remembering correctly from your V1 video, wasn’t it proposed to be more of a faster paced “roller coaster” type attraction but the ride system was limited? You think we could see something like that in V4?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin if I’m remembering correctly from your V1 video, wasn’t it proposed to be more of a faster paced “roller coaster” type attraction but the ride system was limited? You think we could see something like that in V4?
There were a few free rolling downhill sections where cars would pick up speed for a few seconds that didn’t work. If I recall the entrances to literature and the film rotunda finale. With today’s tech it would be a piece of cake to do if they wanted to. The original 1983 ride system back then was as cutting edge as Test Track infamously became 14 years later

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom