Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

Oh yeah, definitley. I think the best way to do a Figment movie if anything would be to make it either traditionally animated ‘or’ a Paperman style film. Also, Dreamfinder & Figment with a cast sounding as close to their original Chuck McCann and Billy Barty portrayals/performances as possible

Inspired Figment

In all due seriousness though, it just baffles me that they haven’t thought to restore the ride back to its former glory with tech & spfx enhancements ala Great Moments, American Adventure, and the Fantasyland DL rides ‘first’. You’d think that’d be an obvious choice since Figment & Dreamfinder merch sells as well as it does and the meet n greet is well received, you look at how well Haunted Mansion does as a property for instance even without a successful movie and the merch sells great and it’s well beloved. The same should be able to be said about the original Journey Into Imagination. It’s the uneccesary Honey, I Shrunk/Medfield College connected sci-fi flick IP retheme they did in ‘99 that ruined it and what people don’t like.. was a mistake to attach film IP to it then, and it still would be now. And simply shoehorning in Figment in 02 to “fix it/please fans of the original”, let alone changing his OG characterization from the relatable wide eyed curious child that was an example of a “figment of imagination”, a creation come to life, who discovered his own creative abilities & potential, to further add to the ride’s theme in 83-98 to then in 02-now a random discovery that’s supposedly an “interference” that “makes a big stink & turns the institute open house upside down” wasn’t the way to remedy the issue either. He works best in the ride & role he was designed to be/for, not carelessly tacked into an ill-conceived, unneccesary & unfitting film IP themed ride.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

In all due seriousness though, it just baffles me that they haven’t thought to restore the ride back to its former glory ‘first’. You’d think that’d be an obvious choice since Figment & Dreamfinder merch sells as well as it does and the meet n greet is well received, you look at how well Haunted Mansion does as a property for instance even without a successful movie and the merch sells great and it’s well beloved. The same should be able to be said about the original Journey Into Imagination. It’s the uneccesary Honey, I Shrunk/Medfield College connected sci-fi flick IP retheme they did in ‘99 that ruined it and what people don’t like.. was a mistake to attach film IP to it then, and it still would be now. And simply shoehorning in Figment in 02 to “fix it/please fans of the original”, let alone changing his OG characterization from the relatable wide eyed curious child that was an example of a “figment of imagination”, a creation come to life, who discovered his own creative abilities & potential, to further add to the ride’s theme in 83-98 to then in 02-now a random discovery that’s supposedly an “interference” that “makes a big stink & turns the institute open house upside down” wasn’t the way to remedy the issue either. He works best in the ride & role he was designed to be/for, not carelessly tacked into an ill-conceived, unneccesary & unfitting film IP themed ride.
It’s the equivalent to changing Haunted Mansion to a cheap, ill-conceived High School Musical ride cause there was some random related 4D show promoted / routed to be the “main attraction” next door, even making it look like that was the ‘only’ attraction there due to the way the flow/lines were rerouted to drive attendance to the ride down (“see the ride lost popularity and High School Musical is hip & in” yeeeah.. surree it is…), then a year after closing the OG Haunted Mansion, change the name to “YOUR Haunted Mansion” where the ghosts simply make cameos throughout a boring extension ride of the High School Musical 4D show. People rightfully complain they pointlessly ruined a beloved classic, which just so happened to also sell a ton of merch and spread goodwill. And then a couple years after, to “fix the problem”, they then change the name to “Haunted Mansion WITH GHOSTS” and the ride is then “playful spooks interrupting your tour of the High School Musical Mansion” cause the message is supposedly “Grim Grinning Ghosts spook & socialize best when set free” .. to sneakishly poke fun at the fan/guest complaints.. it’s just like.. seriously?? Oh yeah, and the Ghost Host is still missing cause the High School Musical cast & interior theming that was so unpopular in the retheme was kept for some absurd/pointless reason. ‘Nobody’ asked for nor expected that, and if someone seriously would argue or genuinely thinks fans or the majority of guests would care for that, they’re ‘extremely’ out of touch to a concerning degree.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

Then add every D23 and fan event.. they push out a bunch of merch that pays tribute to the original attraction despite the attraction still being the lousy IP retheme hardly anyone likes, they even have the OG ghost characters out for meet n greets to signify how much they supposedly care about their fans. Hopes continue to grow every time there’s bits & pieces of things they think will signify that beloved ride’s anticipated return, only to have hopes dashed cause either nothing is announced at all or it’s again, simply merch or references placed somewhere or (and this is worst case scenario. I really don’t expect this to happen, but if they do.. I’ll just roll my eyes, go “seriously?”.. ) they stupidly decide to again retheme it to yet another film IP and the cycle repeats. You can’t make this stuff up. It’s just wild this has continued for as long as it has. They ‘need’ to deliver on this eventually. It’s absurd this problem hasn’t been solved for as long as it has otherwise.

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

So, One Little Spark supposedly playing at the end of the panel tomorrow?
I suppose we’ll see eh? Whatever happens to that pavilion, I’ll be fine. But ultimately I know what we hope to happen, and truth be told, it seriously ought to be considered & acted upon. Whether it’s this D23 or another.

Last edited:

Sneaky

Attachments

• IMG_3059.gif
    IMG_3059.gif
    3.9 MB · Views: 17

Earlie the Pearlie

Went on it today. It, more than anything, gave me hope. It is a blank, black canvas, and there is so much potential in that building. Good luck, everyone.

Earlie the Pearlie, with hopes high, but not too high, signing off. Enjoy your D23.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom