Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

EricsBiscuit

Nah, skip the ride and go straight for selling the merch. Make it all available at one spot and offer a LL+ to enter. Why build stuff when people will line up for just about anything?
Because people will buy more if there is an amazing new ride. Look at Pandora and the bird things. If they built a kick posterior JII, they could put a kick posterior shop at the end and make astronomical profits!

brb1006

There's one thing that the Figment bucket fiasco has shown me. PEOPLE ARE FRICKING CRAZY.

I hate the ride, but if other people like it than they should make a better version of it. So all of us can enjoy it. It would be a cool t-shirt opportunity as well "Make Figment Great again", like the version people did with The Great Movie Ride.
Are you talking about the current version of Journey Into Imagination that you hate?

yensidtlaw1969

There's one thing that the Figment bucket fiasco has shown me. PEOPLE ARE FRICKING CRAZY.

I hate the ride, but if other people like it than they should make a better version of it. So all of us can enjoy it. It would be a cool t-shirt opportunity as well "Make Figment Great again", like the version people did with The Great Movie Ride.
I promise you, nobody was waiting on a 4 hour line to get the Figment Popcorn Bucket because they love the current version of the ride.

TikibirdLand

I do agree with that!
But, look how D was swayed to keep the GMR due to all the back lash... You yeah, they weren't. I think we're all stuck with the Figment we got, not the Figment we want (except for Popcorn buckets and merch) for a long time. But, hey, we can visit the Creative Cafe and drown our misery in some Figment nuggets.

UNCgolf

Then wouldn't it be better to just get rid of it altogether. Rather than having a version that peels in comparison?

That's why everyone has been agitating for them to overhaul it for years and years. I don't think anyone wants to keep the current version.

Ideally they'd build something impressive that's similar to the original, using both Dreamfinder and Figment, but they need something better there regardless.

Mac Tonight

Then wouldn't it be better to just get rid of it altogether. Rather than having a version that peels in comparison?
That's the million dollar question isn't it? Would you rather have a mediocre Figment attraction, or no attraction at all, and just relegate Figment to a merchandise selling point?

Personally, I shudder to think of them re-interpreting the whole Imagination Pavilion into some new Figment-less IP funhouse.

Bocabear

Sadly, it feels like the talent pool at WDI these days doesn't understand the wit and charm of that character...Perhaps they could get an old-guard Imagineer in to guide the creative process in updating this landmark attraction.
The new guys know the current tech, but the old guys understood wit, charm and storytelling a little better.

ppete1975

because you might lose all mention of figment in a ride, any figment is better than no figment... and in my opinion there is a better chance of a replacement refurb if the ride still exists.. once its gone its prob dead. IF 20,000 was still around we might get an update, if mr toads was still around maybe wed get a refurb... now that those are gone they are out of mind.

Mickeynerd17

because you might lose all mention of figment in a ride, any figment is better than no figment... and in my opinion there is a better chance of a replacement refurb if the ride still exists.. once its gone its prob dead. IF 20,000 was still around we might get an update, if mr toads was still around maybe wed get a refurb... now that those are gone they are out of mind.
You could easily say the same for Horizons.

Bocabear

Wouldn't just about everyone have been happier with a re-imagined spectacular Imagination pavilion with Dreamfinder and Figment instead of a new central spine? Scaled back journey of Water to fit the space between Land and Seas.... A refreshed and restored central core without all the demolition...It would and could have been wonderful... and saved them a lot of money putting it where it matters more.

itsy bitsy spider

That's why everyone has been agitating for them to overhaul it for years and years. I don't think anyone wants to keep the current version.

Ideally they'd build something impressive that's similar to the original, using both Dreamfinder and Figment, but they need something better there regardless.
That's the million dollar question isn't it? Would you rather have a mediocre Figment attraction, or no attraction at all, and just relegate Figment to a merchandise selling point?

Personally, I shudder to think of them re-interpreting the whole Imagination Pavilion into some new Figment-less IP funhouse.

I know it's not popular, but I'd get rid of it. They could always just give Figment a 3d show next door.

Mickeynerd17

I know it's not popular, but I'd get rid of it. They could always just give Figment a 3d show next door.
Be careful what you wish for.

People said the same thing about Energy (minus the 3D show part). It wasn't until it was actually removed did people complain and freak out.

Only other difference is energy didn't have a cute purple dragon everybody loves to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom