Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 would know better, but it's my understanding that breaking the original ensured there will never be another there because of some kind of structural reason. It sounds feasible, but I seem to recall there being something precluding it.
From what I’ve seen down there, I don’t see a reason why everything can’t be removed from the “pit” leaving just the foundations. The original will never work again though !

Mickeynerd17

@marni1971 would know better, but it's my understanding that breaking the original ensured there will never be another there because of some kind of structural reason. It sounds feasible, but I seem to recall there being something precluding it.
OK that makes sense. Construction photos show the show building being constructed around/over the turntable so a redo would most likely involve at least taking the roof/image works off.

Or, to put it simply, the turntable is epcot's version of the everest yeti.

Surferboy567

Would we realistically hear anything about this at D23? I remember last time when they built up imagination all presentation to announce…the meet and greet. Which is cool, but I felt so betrayed. Probably the worst D23 memory for me.

trainplane3

OK that makes sense. Construction photos show the show building being constructed around/over the turntable so a redo would most likely involve at least taking the roof/image works off.

Or, to put it simply, the turntable is epcot's version of the everest yeti.
If it was, there'd be a door in the back to remove the turntable during 3rd shift just like the Yeti.

SailorMercury

I think P&F could have worked when the show was running, but as you said, it would have dated itself pretty hard. Sadly though that probably wouldn't have stopped Disney from letting it stagnate even in that form.
They're doing more episodes of the show, plus the movies are fairly popular. P&F is hardcore Gen Z nostalgia, so I feel like it could work somewhere and be popular with a large audience.

Honestly? Put them in Magic Eye. That's probably the IP I would most want to see put in there.

SailorMercury

I heard Soul, Inside Out and Muppets were considered within the last ten years (obviously Soul is more recent). Phineas & Ferb were considered for a Lil something also.
1713292158867.png

This right?

Surferboy567

I actually think Muppet Labs, Inside Out or Phineas could fit quite well in here. Obviously not removing Figment or Dreamfinder. I prefer the rumor of just figment and Dreamfinder but I think the IP’s I just listed would actually fit well here.

The Leader of the Club

I actually think Muppet Labs, Inside Out or Phineas could fit quite well in here. Obviously not removing Figment or Dreamfinder. I prefer the rumor of just figment and Dreamfinder but I think the IP’s I just listed would actually fit well here.
I think it would be a win/win to give Figment & Dreamfinder the attraction space while creating an experience for another IP in the Magic Eye. My vote is a live show featuring Beaker & Dr. Honeydew, but anything would be better than shorts I can watch at home.

Surferboy567

I think it would be a win/win to give Figment & Dreamfinder the attraction space while creating an experience for another IP in the Magic Eye. My vote is a live show featuring Beaker & Dr. Honeydew, but anything would be better than shorts I can watch at home.
Yeah like I said I prefer figment and dream finder over any option but all those IP’s work under “imagination”. They can never evict Figment from EPCOT though that would be a disaster he’s also way too popular for that to make sense.

Magic Eye isn’t a bad idea.

DisneyDean97

After the Tiana experience, I don't know that he'd come back.
They massacred his baby, lol I'd be pis*ed too. But I think if they gave him a budget he could work with, he'd want Figment to be presented and introduced in a good attraction, to a new generation who doesn't remember or know about the original ride.

Moth

Wasn't this basically just "Let's put the headquarters for the Perry game in the old Camera shop"? And then people thought it was something more substantial?
I thought it was like, the old Figzilla meeting place? Granted I forget where that was but I swear it was nearby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom