Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

DisneyDodo

They aren’t changing Imagination, SSE, or WoL anytime soon. Disney can’t wait to finally wipe their hands clean of this entire Epcot overhaul fiasco.

Dinoland, Beyond Big Thunder, and Animation Courtyard are now ahead of anything in Epcot in the queue for attention (not including TT which has a sponsor). When those are done, in like 2046, maybe Epcot will see some “love” again.

aladdin2007

They aren’t changing Imagination, SSE, or WoL anytime soon. Disney can’t wait to finally wipe their hands clean of this entire Epcot overhaul fiasco.

Dinoland, Beyond Big Thunder, and Animation Courtyard are now ahead of anything in Epcot in the queue for attention (not including TT which has a sponsor). When those are done, in like 2046, maybe Epcot will see some “love” again.
that,,,,,and that one for sure is so bad it needs to be fast tracked,,,.yet Imagination is an embarrassment, not sure how much longer they can just ignore it.

UNCgolf

that,,,,,and that one for sure is so bad it needs to be fast tracked,,,.yet Imagination is an embarrassment, not sure how much longer they can just ignore it.

They've also got Nemo sitting there which is just as unpopular (maybe even more unpopular).

That said, Nemo is only a minor part of the Seas pavilion and not the main draw, so it's not hurting the park nearly as much as Imagination.

Wonders of Life is even worse for the park than either, but that's a separate conversation.

yensidtlaw1969

This needs to close. It’s time.

It’s in disrepair and it’s a below the quality standard. In years past, it was able to shuffle on, but it has reached the end of the line.

I do think this may be the year an announcement comes. The figurative smoke is bigger than it has ever been. Fingers crossed.
If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up for this year . . . plans can change, but right now this isn't in the foreground. They do have concepts, of course.

Based on what I've been hearing, I'd say a new Imagination before the end of the decade is possible, but not guaranteed. They've got bigger fish they want to fry first.

EDITED To Add: Just caught up on some of the more recent posts in this thread - it's true that EPCOT is probably lowest on the list of the 4 WDW Parks for new attractions (revised Test Track notwithstanding). MK, AK, and DHS all have significant things actively in the works. Which will materialize first remains to be seen, but I'd bet on AK or DHS. EPCOT *could* theoretically get something new before MK's big projects open, but that would likely come down to how ambitious they are at MK and how long it takes to open stuff. Seems like they really do wanna swing big there.

Nemo isn't particularly popular but I believe its GSATs are better than Imagination, and rightfully so. Disney knows Imagination is a wasteland but fixing it isn't the priority.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Nemo isn't particularly popular but I believe its GSATs are better than Imagination, and rightfully so. Disney knows Imagination is a wasteland but fixing it isn't the priority.

The last two times I was there Imagination supposedly had a longer wait than Nemo (not that that's saying much; Imagination was posted as 20 minutes and Nemo posted as 10) -- I didn't ride, so I can't say if it actually did, but the one time I rode Nemo the entire queue was empty. We just walked straight through and boarded.

I don't have trouble believing the Nemo GSATs are higher, though. And as I said, Nemo isn't really important to the function of the pavilion; it would have roughly the same number of visitors if the ride didn't exist.

Imagination, on the other hand, is basically just wasted space since the whole pavilion is barely used.

As for DHS... I hope they're smart enough to not just dust off the Door Coaster (as has been rumored recently), unless they're planning to build two or three other attractions along with it. Adding a new coaster to DHS without anything else would probably make the park's existing problems worse.

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
SSE is still a wonderful experience. If they wanted to go with an inexpensive refurb, just remove the screens and make the ascent and descent look good. Some interesting lighting and a nice score would really go so far. Like 90% of the ride doesn’t need changed. Though I would love to see the planetarium-esque section restored to its former glory.

Imagination on the other hand is just embarrassing at this point. Though when I’ve brought first timers to WDW they generally end up enjoying it for what it is. But it really could and should be so, so much more.

One is the park icon the other is the park mascot. Idk which one should be fixed first for those reasons, though I lean toward Imagination.

But I wish we could get something at all in the former WoL pavilion.

Haymarket2008

If I were you I wouldn't get my hopes up for this year . . . plans can change, but right now this isn't in the foreground. They do have concepts, of course.

Based on what I've been hearing, I'd say a new Imagination before the end of the decade is possible, but not guaranteed. They've got bigger fish they want to fry first.

EDITED To Add: Just caught up on some of the more recent posts in this thread - it's true that EPCOT is probably lowest on the list of the 4 WDW Parks for new attractions (revised Test Track notwithstanding). MK, AK, and DHS all have significant things actively in the works. Which will materialize first remains to be seen, but I'd bet on AK or DHS. EPCOT *could* theoretically get something new before MK's big projects open, but that would likely come down to how ambitious they are at MK and how long it takes to open stuff. Seems like they really do wanna swing big there.

Thanks for the reply. It's fascinating to get a small insight into their thought process. Despite me being the EPCOT fan, I fully realize that the other parks need capacity....badly.

It really stinks Imagination is left to fester, but I'd much rather this take its time and come out on top than be a rush job.

AK needs investment, DHS needs FAR more variety and redevelopment (arguably more than any park on property).

I understand the need to alleviate the absolutely unbearable crowd situation in Magic Kingdom, but I am weary of truly MAJOR expansion. Hopefully it won't dilute the product. I'm still very much of the mind that MK needs the "Disneyland 60" treatment: basically everything got a medium to heavy sized refurbishment budget. That park looked spectacular in 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haymarket2008

Also........any bread crumbs you might be willing to drop regarding specifics?

SpectreJordan

WoL sitting there empty for so long is one of the most idiotic things in park history. Why didn't they just tear it down & put Guardians there while keeping Universe open?

DreamfinderGuy

Test Track going down for over a year is going to hurt capacity.
Are we certain it's going to be over a year? Last go around was less than eight months. The park has more capacity now than it did in 2012 (or a similar figure at the bare minimum, and I'd say even at that Guardians pulls way more riders than Energy did in its last decade) so I don't think they're stressed about that. Opening WoL as they planned would have done effectively nothing as it was just one big kids zone.
WoL sitting there empty for so long is one of the most idiotic things in park history. Why didn't they just tear it down & put Guardians there while keeping Universe open?
Well for one, they didn't want to keep UoE open lol. For two, once upon a time they had plans for both plots and wanted them both back online in 2021. Neither met that target, but at least something did ultimately open inside UoE.

Gillyanne

I was skimming other blogs that post merch, since it's the start of the festival. I usually do that to get an idea of what I may want to buy. I did not see a single Figment item in F&G merch this year [so far]. My wallet thanks them, but also a little sad as F&G do make up a bunch of my collection stuff (it was always guaranteed new merch each year)

Cmdr_Crimson

I was skimming other blogs that post merch, since it's the start of the festival. I usually do that to get an idea of what I may want to buy. I did not see a single Figment item in F&G merch this year [so far]. My wallet thanks them, but also a little sad as F&G do make up a bunch of my collection stuff (it was always guaranteed new merch each year)
I think they are on and off with the characters for the events Figment Gets Festival of Arts & The food and wine. While Orange Bird and Spike the Bee take over then Flower and Garden. I don't think they really use a selective characters for the holidays tho.

trainplane3

I think they are on and off with the characters for the events Figment Gets Festival of Arts & The food and wine. While Orange Bird and Spike the Bee take over then Flower and Garden. I don't think they really use a selective characters for the holidays tho.
I'd even say Remi was the Food and Wine mascot for a while but the merch last year was mainly Mickey and Minnie. Figment still appears on at least one thing in each festival anyways.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd even say Remi was the Food and Wine mascot for a while but the merch last year was mainly Mickey and Minnie. Figment still appears on at least one thing in each festival anyways.
This was from 2 years ago for example..That seems to be a bit of Figment
Pic from Blogmickey
figment-collection-2022-epcot-food-wine-festival-3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom