News Figment Survey Questions are Back, But with very different/tricky wording!

Jasperkitty

Hah. You just had to get rid of those sparks of Imagination, didn't you?

I wonder if this is for one of two reasons:
- Dumping Figment in the future
- Stop people from going back into a CM area to get pictures of the concrete
Of course it could be both.

This is why we can't have nice things...

Considering the signature was part of how the cast embers made up for not having a Figment meet and greet, and the pixie dust they used to make my day better, seeing this makes me painfully sad. And, unfortunately, is why I suspect your second reason is probably accurate.

It does allow for one more possibility though. They could be looking to add a new Figment meet and greet, and don't want conflicting autographs.

Hey, I can hope!

Inspired Figment

Original Poster
Hah. You just had to get rid of those sparks of Imagination, didn't you?

I wonder if this is for one of two reasons:
- Dumping Figment in the future
- Stop people from going back into a CM area to get pictures of the concrete
Of course it could be both.
Pretty sure it’s the second reason. Especially with the whole ‘Buzzy’ controversy that happened recently, they don’t even want to risk people going into any backstages areas at Epcot. So It doesn’t surprise me. Personally, i wouldn’t read that much into this.

mimitchi33

So...I don't like this:

Does anyone have a picture of what the cement originally looked like?
Speaking of Dr. Channing, would this count as imagination?
figment_moon.jpg

The moon will always be with us, no matter what happens to this ride!

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Just a gut feelin'......based on speculation (and other surveys) over the past years - that:

They are angling to have Figment become the "official" EPCOT mascot - rather than having a ride based on him.
You beat me to it. I completely believe this is to inquire about whether or not they could still sell Figment merch while still replacing the ride.

Surfin' Tuna

Because it was backstage
I figure this is probably the reason, but it was barely backstage. I don't even think that many people knew about it. It was just such a cute part of EC history, and I don't think it was in much risk of being stolen. I know they are likely trying to remove any temptations, but it just hurts a little bit.

trainplane3

I figure this is probably the reason, but it was barely backstage. I don't even think that many people knew about it. It was just such a cute part of EC history, and I don't think it was in much risk of being stolen. I know they are likely trying to remove any temptations, but it just hurts a little bit.
Maybe it's because it's early but...stealing a rectangle of concrete?
Do people think that Figment himself wrote his name in the cement?

View attachment 338005
Dude...obviously Dreamfinder helped him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom