News Figment Survey Questions are Back, But with very different/tricky wording!

Steamboat Brody

I have to disagree with a lot of Journey Into Imagination Fans. I think that they shouldn't bring back the old ride, not saying I like this current version of the ride or the whole Journey Into Imagination idea itself. I love Journey Into Imagination and it's stuck with me ever since I first went to Epcot. Ron Schneider (The first strolling Dreamfinder) which is who i'm agreeing with here, said on the Defunctland podcast that fans really want the old ride back but that means replacing the ride with outdated effects and animatronics that won't seem as cool and magic as the ones we have today! My point is we should never be saying "We want Journey Into Imagination to replace the current version.", we should be saying "We want an upgraded Journey Into Imagination to replace the current version."

But besides that, they better not remove my little dragon Figment! He is one of most popular characters and fans (like me) would be devastated if they removed him like they did to Dreamfinder.
-Steamboat Brody

Last edited:

Dragonman

I’m surprised no one has really asked this but seriously what happened to all the Dreamfinder animatronics? (Don’t say Phantom Manor, that was only a reused face mold). There’s literally no trace of them anywhere unlike a bunch of the Figment animatronics and finale puppets.

Green Fox

"We want an upgraded Journey Into Imagination to replace the current version."
I think that is what people are saying here. I'm not reading any of the comments and thinking that anyone is seriously requesting that they pull out the original 1980s construction blueprints and restore the building to be exactly like it was on opening day.
I loved the original upstairs ImageWorks, but now, there are several parts of it that would be more appropriate in a history of technology museum than a modern attraction designed to inspire today's children (and adults) about imagination.

Epcot82Guy

Count me in as agreeing with all these posts. It should be the original idea. Maybe even narration. But with modern technology.

And, I'd love to see an updated ImageWorks upstairs focused on Imagineering.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I think that is what people are saying here. I'm not reading any of the comments and thinking that anyone is seriously requesting that they pull out the original 1980s construction blueprints and restore the building to be exactly like it was on opening day.
It wouldn't take an Imagineer to re-configure the Imagination pavilion into a trackless experience (think Mystic Manor) with Dreamfinder and Figment extolling the virtues of imagination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom