News Figment Survey Questions are Back, But with very different/tricky wording!

Inspired Figment

Original Poster
A shame how jaded and out of touch some of the folks here are about this... most likely due to their experience with the current attraction, which is an absolute travesty and doesn’t get the message across properly at all. (Baxter, the original’s creator, even admits his disdain for it, aswell as Jim Zub, the writer of the comic book series). I think if people were more familiar with the original material and actually attempted to make an effort to voice their concerns to upper management. They just *might* do something positive with it if the volume is large enough. But whatever, honestly, you all have a right to believe what you believe. I’m not the one to judge that. But I *do* feel that people should atleast *try* and do something about the things that they care about. If it doesn’t do anything, then so be it. But it’s worth a shot and a little effort is all I’m saying.

Kman101

A shame how jaded and out of touch some of the folks here are about this... most likely due to their experience with the current attraction, which is an absolute travesty and doesn’t get the message across properly at all. (Baxter, the original’s creator, even admits his disdain for it, aswell as Jim Zub, the writer of the comic book series). I think if people were more familiar with the original material and actually attempted to make an effort to voice their concerns to upper management. They just *might* do something positive with it if the volume is large enough. But whatever, honestly, you all have a right to believe what you believe. I’m not the one to judge that. But I *do* feel that people should atleast *try* and do something about the things that they care about. If it doesn’t do anything, then so be it. But it’s worth a shot and a little effort is all I’m saying.

People would sadly rather complain here endlessly than make an effort to say something. For some reason they think it accomplishes something but it doesn't. It's just an outlet for us to vent and discuss Disney and other things.

I think certain things they do actually listen to. Are they going to stop midway through a plan to remove the Poly fountain? No. But they do listen to this kind of feedback in terms of rides and characters and attractions. I know from experience. All it takes is a simple e-mail, and don't settle for a canned reply.

CaptainAmerica

A shame how jaded and out of touch some of the folks here are about this... most likely due to their experience with the current attraction, which is an absolute travesty and doesn’t get the message across properly at all.
Or some people just have different tastes? I've never liked Figment as a character. I loved the Dreamfinder but I've always considered Figment extremely irritating.

This is very interesting! I wonder if this is for a possible departure of Figment from Epcot :cry::cry:, though that would not be fun for us Disney Enthusiasts seeing a new attraction may be more attractive towards average guests

Kman101

This is very interesting! I wonder if this is for a possible departure of Figment from Epcot :cry::cry:, though that would not be fun for us Disney Enthusiasts seeing a new attraction may be more attractive towards average guests

Yeah, I can see why management finds it "hard" to invest in Figment under their current mind-set, when they can flash something new at people, but Figment's popular and they have to accept it and should invest in him. I just get the impression they hope he suddenly becomes unpopular and they can "justify" it's removal, but maybe it's for the opposite? Who knows? I know I don't really trust them to give him a new ride but I hope they prove me wrong.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yeah, I can see why management finds it "hard" to invest in Figment under their current mind-set, when they can flash something new at people, but Figment's popular and they have to accept it and should invest in him. I just get the impression they hope he suddenly becomes unpopular and they can "justify" it's removal, but maybe it's for the opposite? Who knows? I know I don't really trust them to give him a new ride but I hope they prove me wrong.
I don't know... They seem to have been increasing his presence in the park the past few years. That doesn't see. Like a company that hopes he suddenly becomes unpopular.

TwilightZone

I don't know... They seem to have been increasing his presence in the park the past few years. That doesn't see. Like a company that hopes he suddenly becomes unpopular.
I'm not sure how much we should be looking into merch though, increased or not.

It's like oswald, he has merch, but they aren't doing anything with him any time soon.

DavidS1234

You missed these questions:

"Do you like Figment enough to buy a T-shirt?"

"Would you enjoy a Figment around the world drinking experience?"

"Will you still come here, year after year, if we keep teasing you with figment merchandise and "special collector" events, but never fix the ride"

"Figment Around The World drinking experience" .... now this I could get onboard with. 😂😂😂👍👍

trainplane3

Seeing this thread pop back up is perfect timing for what happened a couple days ago.

We got some new neighbors next door and they were stopping over give us a gift. Within a matter of seconds of stepping in, the one takes a look at a wall and goes "Figment...Figment...oh look another Figment!" and looks up a little bit and says "OH FIGMENT AND DREAMFINDER". I have those Jason Grandt Figment giclee series (2-4) hanging up and a F+D print from another artist.

These were two people that haven't been to the parks since V1 closed and picked Figment out of all the other Disney cells we have hanging all over the living room. It must mean something to remember a character from that long ago...

tl77

The original Journey Into Imagination had great music, a great concept/story, and great voice performances, but some of the sets, or lack there of, weren't so great though and could have been updated and improved on. I think if they brought back the original ride with the same types of high tech upgrades that Peter Pan's Flight and the Alice in Wonderland ride at Disneyland got in recent years, it would be something that would made both the original Epcot fans and new comers happy.

DancingPhoenix

This thread has made for some entertaining reading. Disney doesn't do anything with the rants logged by fanatics as they can sniff them out a mile away, they are care what the average family think as they are the bulk of visitors who don't have bizarre obcessions over figment and enjoy rides for what they are not some fantasy to go back to a time when they were a child and can't move on from it.

The survey is like the millions of others they carry out to judge normal guests opinions on various elements of the parks experience. I suspect people are reading far too much into it which may cause some of the fanatics to have wet dreams.

I’m 10 years late in response here but feel the need to address this. I completely agree they are looking for the normal guest opinion rather than fan, but ignoring super fans can be dangerous too. I’d bet our multiple return visits and (maybe excessive) merch purchasing is just as important.

For me personally I never got to SEE the original ride. My love of Figment actually did come from the current iteration, as I was only born in ‘91 and was a few months old on my first trip. I don’t necessarily want the original ride back I just don’t want a Figment based ride to go away completely. I love what he stands for, as well as his design. When I was young I had a fascination with a little ceramic Figment my older sister had even though I didn’t know exactly who he was.

I personally think your post was an interesting read on a website FOR “obsessed fanatics”. Did Figment personally hurt you or is it just the cool thing to hate on stuff? Those are some fightin’ words you chose.

Phil12

I heard that both Figment and Stitch are inpatient guests at the Betty Ford Center fighting their respective battles with mental disorders and ink abuse. I think we need to give them their privacy and a few decades to fully recover.

BrerJon

What were the Imagineers smoking at the turn of the century? Destroying Horizons, sticking a giant hat in front of the Chinese Theater, replacing a great Figment ride with a terrible one... did they literally just choose the worst ideas they could then build them for a dare?

TwilightZone

What were the Imagineers smoking at the turn of the century? Destroying Horizons, sticking a giant hat in front of the Chinese Theater, replacing a great Figment ride with a terrible one... did they literally just choose the worst ideas they could then build them for a dare?
My theory is that Eisner became TOO ambitious with his projects, as well as cheap.
That's why modern projects aren't as ambitious as we want them to be.

Inspired Figment

Original Poster
E40985B0-65AD-433C-ACD6-F9099123E917.jpeg

trainplane3

I knew that trip to back in time was a mistake...
Hah. You just had to get rid of those sparks of Imagination, didn't you?

I wonder if this is for one of two reasons:
- Dumping Figment in the future
- Stop people from going back into a CM area to get pictures of the concrete
Of course it could be both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom