Figment, Dreamfinder, Water Tower?

belle119821

Original Poster
There wasn't another thread about it (that I could find) so I thought I'd start one to see what everyone thought. There's a new thread about Figment merch increasing. One of the posts mentioned that maybe it means they're hinting at bringing the ride back to it's old version, as Dreamfinder & Figment were also at D23. I also noticed that in a lot of the slides, the Earful Tower was used in the background instead of the hat. Could Disney be planning to do something with these things and they were hinting, or is it more likely that they're just celebrating the classic things this year?

Captain Neo

According to Jim Hill's site Dreamfinder made a big splash at the D23 event and we know imagineers have been considering a new version of the pavillion for years. If the classic merchandise continues to sell well im sure we will get an announcement soon (maybe even at D23 in august?)

I think online feedback and orange bird merchandise sales were a big reason Disney opted to make a redo of the classic version rather than keep the 90s cartoon tie-in version.

NoChesterHester

Glad someone started this thread. My mind has been wandering since I saw the Dreamfinder photos from Destintion D.

Martin posted some moons ago that a redesign for Imagination has been completed utilizing the technology from Pooh's Hunny Hunt at Tokyo Disney Resort.

splashtest

I'm afraid to even hope for this. This would be a huge needed lift for Epcots attraction. I remember the days of Dreamfinder when the lines used to be consistently out the door. Those days were gone since the redo. I have never not walked onto that ride since.

Cmdr_Crimson

What IS D23 expo is that every where?

Nope this is Disney's official convention. The first one was in 2009 and now the second one is this year. It is when the Walt Disney Company comes out to the Anaheim Convention center to announce all there new films, attractions and all things Disney. This is also where we heard the announcements of Star Tours and the Fantasyland Expansion. They also do the Disney Legends award presentation for the public to see and plus you get to meet celebrites and scale models of attractions and much more...

Here's the link to the convention site..http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/

And here's a video of what it was like..
[youtube]MqYMsKVXblo[/youtube]

NiarrNDisney

I hear that the Earful Tower is planned to be used in a new rollercoaster where like Rip, Ride and Rockit a track will spin around it and the surronding area. :animwink:

MerlinTheGoat

There's now a clip on youtube of the Dreamfinder cameo at D23. Guess the no video/audio restriction didn't work perfectly. It's certainly not mine, and i hesitate to post it here because it might be against the rules. But for those who want to see it, search for dreamfinder on youtube and narrow down the search via recent uploads. You'll find it.

bluelobster

There's now a clip on youtube of the Dreamfinder cameo at D23

Saw the video. I'm a tough nut to crack, but there was something about seeing Dreamfinder back after all these years that bought a tear to my eye. I grew up visiting and adoring old school, classic EPCOT - and to see even just an, ahem, figment of it reappear at a Disney-sanctioned event is something to behold indeed.

Krack

There's now a clip on youtube of the Dreamfinder cameo at D23. Guess the no video/audio restriction didn't work perfectly. It's certainly not mine, and i hesitate to post it here because it might be against the rules. But for those who want to see it, search for dreamfinder on youtube and narrow down the search via recent uploads. You'll find it.

I don't see how it would be against the rules, it's just a video someone took ...

Dreamfinder at D23

You don't get much better than the whole audience singing "One Little Spark" with Richard Sherman.

Figment82

When I spoke with Tony Baxter earlier in the day on Sunday and told him how much I loved Figment/Dreamfinder/JII, he hesitated and said, "you mean the original attraction, right?" Of course I said yes, and he replied, "don't get me started on the current one" and shook his head sadly. So know that it's not just the fans who are unhappy with the attraction's current state. Hopefully there is good news in the future...

WDWFigment

When I spoke with Tony Baxter earlier in the day on Sunday and told him how much I loved Figment/Dreamfinder/JII, he hesitated and said, "you mean the original attraction, right?" Of course I said yes, and he replied, "don't get me started on the current one" and shook his head sadly. So know that it's not just the fans who are unhappy with the attraction's current state. Hopefully there is good news in the future...

I also spoke with him, and he definitely had some choice words for the current attraction, and was very blunt about it. I was surprised that he'd be so candid with a fan, but it was very nice!

Tony Baxter seemed to be everywhere over the course of the weekend. Every time we turned around, we were seeing him somewhere else.

devoy1701

With all of the rumors that are spinning around, and all of the things that have come to fruition over the past year...positive changes to the FLE plan, Star Tours 2, the return of the Enchanted Tiki Room, queue enhancements and more effects updates to HM, possible redo of Imagination, smaller possibility (but still rumors!) of a Frontierland expansion and Lucasland expansion... The 40th Anniversary could very well put us on the brink of the second Golden Age of Walt Disney World...

then again I probably just jynxed it. :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom