Fight over Disney fireworks show leaves woman suffering from a brain bleed. Happened on May 9th, finally was resolved.

Lilofan

Okay, assume you win the 100 million. Now because it was an intentional act they can't escape the judgement with bankruptcy but your lawyer can start seizing their assets, any money in bank accounts and any stocks... but best of all you start garnishing their paychecks and that will go on and on year after year. So yeah you aren't ever going to get the 100 million but you will get something from the losers that assaulted you for years and years... and at the very least it should keep the person from having the cash to go back to Disney.
Garnishing wages and maybe never need to work again? The guest in the hospital needs to get a good lawyer and strip as much of the assaulters assets as possible . It's payback.

Lilofan

In Japan they sit and watch fireworks, I guess they could never do that in the American parks though.
Japan has a whole different mindset. Years ago prior to the afternoon parade beginning , the cleaning crews would push empty wheeled garbage cans down the street. The guests would get up from their viewing area and deposit their trash in the trash cans passing by. Japanese folks out of respect even carry their trash with them until they find a trash can to dispose of their items. That would surely never happen in the USA.

Goofyernmost

One option maybe is to move assets into offshore banks managed by third party, LLC , then creditors will have a challenging time trying to seize that.
Come on, anyone that has something to lose will not risk losing it to watch fireworks. You seem to think that everyone has money to move around when in reality they are living paycheck to paycheck. The wealthy have money just laying around that can be moved to offshore banks not the common folk. Even if they have money in a bank it isn't worth moving. So if there is a decision to pay someone damages, they will not take the roof over your head or even money from paychecks that would be equal to making ones family starve or live under an interstate bridge. Losing ones home is usually from not making mortgage payments or not paying rent. Not from legal liability claim.

spock8113

Fight over fireworks viewing spot ...........​

Really? When passions run high (over a spot to see fireworks) people check their intellectual brains at the door and it is then full-on medulla oblongata, hence the term going lower. When primal emotions and passions like this surface, all logical bets and thoughts of consequences are dropped in a blender. It is a major primal function of the medulla oblongata and more specifically, your reptilian brain:
So when someone says "rise above the situation" it refers to going up in your brain from the stem and basic functions to your upper intellectual brain that reasons and actually thinks. Which brain you let control your actions is the difference between a civilized society and one that fights over fireworks.

Furiated

Tokyo doesn’t do castle centric shows where 90% of the crowd that wants to watches in the hub or MSUSA.

As someone lucky enough to have been to TDR multiple times, this is incorrect. It's actually quite the opposite, the nighttime spectacular is VERY castle centric as their fireworks show is an afterthought that nobody cares about (it's a short tiny thing done where people in both parks can see). Their main draw is castle shows like Once Upon A Time. Everyone watches from the hub or the end of World Bazaar (their Main St).

The guest behavior is one of the best things about Tokyo. Whether it's a parade or a show, the people up front sit and stay sitting. No idiot parents putting kids on shoulders or holding up ipads. Nobody walks up 5 minutes before and crams into your spot. It's glorious.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

More crazy stories unfortunately... how are guests like this even showing up lately? Just ridiculous.
I'm guessing Disney's PR department called Fox 35 real quick with a correction about just who owns that hotel...

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Skywise

More crazy stories unfortunately... how are guests like this even showing up lately? Just ridiculous.
Gomez was identified by Disney security due to an incident that occurred prior in the night between him and his wife, the report stated.

😲

TrainsOfDisney

I remember being in the hub before a Holiday Wishes show and it was packed - very crowded. This family starts pushing people out of the way cause they “have to get through” and these people start yelling at them “don’t you push or tell us to move” - it got crazy tense.

I saw something similar when waiting to get into DHS for “Rise before dawn” - that guy was genuinely looking for his party but he was asking people to move when there was nowhere for them to move to, we were packed in by the Disney crowd control to a point where we couldn’t move.

tnemgif

I had a young couple shove my 4yo niece while waiting for fireworks at MK a few years ago. Let me tell you, I came pretty close to “going low.”

bhg469

I remember being in the hub before a Holiday Wishes show and it was packed - very crowded. This family starts pushing people out of the way cause they “have to get through” and these people start yelling at them “don’t you push or tell us to move” - it got crazy tense.

I saw something similar when waiting to get into DHS for “Rise before dawn” - that guy was genuinely looking for his party but he was asking people to move when there was nowhere for them to move to, we were packed in by the Disney crowd control to a point where we couldn’t move.
Its a miracle that in the days before the metal detectors that someone wasn't seriously injured or worse.. Those large groups of people were so unsafe especially to someone looking to cause harm.

Lilofan

I had a young couple shove my 4yo niece while waiting for fireworks at MK a few years ago. Let me tell you, I came pretty close to “going low.”
There would be cast that could be called to assist. I came across the end of a full scale brawl at the Epcot parking lot and the guilty parties left right away. Food and Wine day and the groups went back to their cars in the evening very drunk and fought. No cast members there to be summoned or to help.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

I legit cannot stand in the hub anymore without getting anxiety. Large crowds like that never used to bother me but now I cannot do it. Nothing to do with covid but it’s the thought of not being able to escape in a tense situation!! Maybe I overthink but still. No way Jose!

TrainsOfDisney

Really they need to get away from the castle projections as part of the show and return to the fireworks show being park wide.

Maybe setup mini-weenies in each land with their own projections coordinated for the larger fireworks bursting overhead.
Having multiple options for night entertainment would help as well. Two showings of the electrical parade made a big difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom