Fight over Disney fireworks show leaves woman suffering from a brain bleed. Happened on May 9th, finally was resolved.

vikescaper

This is one of the reasons why I paid for a dessert party for the Fourth of July. Yes, I will still need to find a spot in the viewing area to watch from but it should be one less thing I need to worry about.

Lilofan

An economics course was taught in my HS in the 60s. My parents only borrowed money for a house and saved up for every car they purchased. A credit card was just so you didn't have to carry a lot of cash around, and was paid off every month.
It always help that one in the family invests . There is a retired guy in my gym in his late 70s. His wife he told me apparently without his knowledge until many years later invested monthly in the US stock market for over 40 years and when she told him when they were both in their 60s he was amazed how much of a net worth nest egg they had . They lived below their means and still do.

Goofyernmost

An economics course was taught in my HS in the 60s. My parents only borrowed money for a house and saved up for every car they purchased. A credit card was just so you didn't have to carry a lot of cash around, and was paid off every month.
That is something I still do. I use CC quite heavily to pay a bills, but never extend it beyond the due date. I lease my car and live in an apartment paying rent every month. I live in a senior apartment complex and passed on the opportunity to skip some rental payments during the Pandemic. I'm still not sure what happens with that, I don't recall it ever being a "gift" and still had to be paid at some point. I had some financial problems earlier in my life and vowed to never do that again. But in keeping with this topic, money isn't necessarily a measure of class behavior, but my experience tells me it seems to lean more toward those with nothing to lose.

Goofyernmost

It always help that one in the family invests . There is a retired guy in my gym in his late 70s. His wife he told me apparently without his knowledge until many years later invested monthly in the US stock market for over 40 years and when she told him when they were both in their 60s he was amazed how much of a net worth nest egg they had . They lived below their means and still do.
This last 6 months have sucked close to 15% of my "stock market based" retirement savings away. Hopefully I will have time for it to recover before long, but it is really scary right now.

Lilofan

This last 6 months have sucked close to 15% of my "stock market based" retirement savings away. Hopefully I will have time for it to recover before long, but it is really scary right now.
Yes, I don’t look at my balances lately , it’s been a roller coaster. Some who are more liquid can buy stocks on the cheap at this point.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I always stand right behind a railing, fence, or a trash can. Nobody can get in front of me.
I’m gonna find out when your next trip is. Locate a trash can in a good viewing location. Next, I'll have to ocularly (yes, I made this word up) assess your whereabouts and keep the area around the trash can clear which should be easy. I'll be in the trash can itself. For most of the day, when someone douses with me with trash, I'll poke my head out and yell, "hey watch it buddy!" or something to that effect. Once show time is near, I'll send out some of my peeps in a mission similar to an Imperial drone droid. They'll find you and start to subtly direct you to the preordained trash can. For example, they may in an unassuming way yell, "This trash can is the perfect place for WondersOfLife to watch this evening's entertainment!" or something to that effect. They'll do it in a way to not arouse suspicion. Then, right after the opening fireworks salvo and the initial bit of narration, I'll remove the lid and rise up like I'm part of some resistance or something. I'll be covered in banana peels (years of cartoon watching has taught me this is the most likely outcome) and will be blocking your view! Of course, on the off chance that you're taller than me, I'll have to bring some FotLK style stilts into the trash can with me. I bet you never thought about this terribly common occurrence foiling your plan.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I’m gonna find out when your next trip is. Locate a trash in a good viewing location. Next, I'll have to ocularly (yes, I made this word up) assess your whereabouts and keep the area around the trash can clear which should be easy. I'll be in the trash can itself. For most of the day, when someone douses with me with trash, I'll poke my head out and yell, "hey watch it buddy!" or something to that effect. Once show time is near, I'll send out some of my peeps in a mission similar to an Imperial drone droid. They'll find you and start to subtly direct you to the preordained trash can. For example, they may in an unassuming way yell, "This trash can is the perfect place for WondersOfLife to watch this evening's entertainment!" or something to that effect. They'll do it in a way to not arouse suspicion. Then, right after the opening fireworks salvo and the initial bit of narration, I'll remove the lid and rise up like I'm part of some resistance or something. I'll be covered in banana peels (years of cartoon watching has taught me this is the most likely outcome) and will be blocking your view! Of course, on the off chance that you're taller than me, I'll have to bring some FotLK style stilts into the trash can with me. I bet you never thought about this terribly common occurrence foiling your plan.
Trash can? I miss Push the talking trash can at WDW parks years ago. It was a crowd pleaser !

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I’m gonna find out when your next trip is. Locate a trash in a good viewing location. Next, I'll have to ocularly (yes, I made this word up) assess your whereabouts and keep the area around the trash can clear which should be easy. I'll be in the trash can itself. For most of the day, when someone douses with me with trash, I'll poke my head out and yell, "hey watch it buddy!" or something to that effect. Once show time is near, I'll send out some of my peeps in a mission similar to an Imperial drone droid. They'll find you and start to subtly direct you to the preordained trash can. For example, they may in an unassuming way yell, "This trash can is the perfect place for WondersOfLife to watch this evening's entertainment!" or something to that effect. They'll do it in a way to not arouse suspicion. Then, right after the opening fireworks salvo and the initial bit of narration, I'll remove the lid and rise up like I'm part of some resistance or something. I'll be covered in banana peels (years of cartoon watching has taught me this is the most likely outcome) and will be blocking your view! Of course, on the off chance that you're taller than me, I'll have to bring some FotLK style stilts into the trash can with me. I bet you never thought about this terribly common occurrence foiling your plan.
Jokes on you. I dont even have foil.

What a concept of having financial awareness classes in school to prep the young ones for life? I don't think its a new suggestion but probably falling on deaf ears.
I usually don't respond to many posts, especially about my profession. This one tugged at my heart. I am a teacher. Our district includes financial literacy as part of the curriculum. I teach financial literacy in first grade.

bhg469

I usually don't respond to many posts, especially about my profession. This one tugged at my heart. I am a teacher. Our district includes financial literacy as part of the curriculum. I teach financial literacy in first grade.
While I think that's great.. first grade?!? Holy moly that's early!!!!

Lilofan

I did some looking. Approx 20 states do teach a financial literacy course which is optional for high school students. At least that’s better than nothing.

G00fyDad

How soon do have to claim your spot? Not related but some families start staking their spot for fireworks viewing about 10 hours before NYE fireworks at Epcot in World Showcase.
My timetable now will not really be applicable since we haven't been in several years and we have not been since COVID-19. However, the last time we went and watched fireworks we would get our spot about an hour and a half before the fireworks went off. The same goes for the parades. We would sit down on that wall by Pecos Bill's and wait.

I remember one year I sat down on the wall and my wife and son went to get something to drink for everyone. While they were gone some girl walks up and starts taking my wife's stuff and picking it up and moving it trying to set it on the ground. When I asked her what she's doing she said "I'm just moving this crap so I can sit." I picked it all back up and set it back down on the wall and told her that if she wanted to find some place to sit to watch the fireworks that she needs to look someplace else because that's where my wife and son are setting. She left, my wife and son came back with the drinks and sat down, and then a little bit later her family walks up and she points over at us and says something to her dad. That's when the father come over to me and I thought that I was going to have to knock his teeth out. However, he didn't say anything to me but he mumbled something under his breath and they all sat down on the ground in front of us and backed up against our feet. A CM came along and told them they needed to get up because they can sit on the ground. So they all stood up and told us to move so they can sit down. Yeah, that didn't go over well either. They finally had to be forced to leave the area by the CM. They went across the street and tried to bully someone else out of their spot and that didn't work either so they just walked away.

I guess the moral of the story is stake out your spot early and don't give ground when someone tries to bully you out of your spot. It very well may happen. Just tell the people to find someplace else to sit. 😁

Vegas Disney Fan

I always stand right behind a railing, fence, or a trash can. Nobody can get in front of me.

We’ve (mostly) given up on finding the perfect spot for most shows, the railing seems to be the last refuge for (usually) getting a good view. Even that can often be spoiled by a kid on someone shoulders, iPad extended overhead, balloons being released to float on their strings in your sightline, etc. The kids I (begrudgingly) understand but I really wish people were more thoughtful of the ten thousand people behind them with a lot of the decisions they make.

We used to camp out for the perfect spot but now we just show up 15-30 minutes before shows and find an empty spot, it won’t be perfect but it’s less frustrating when someone inevitably obstructs our view ten seconds into the show anyway.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We’ve (mostly) given up on finding the perfect spot for most shows, the railing seems to be the last refuge for (usually) getting a good view. Even that can often be spoiled by a kid on someone shoulders, iPad extended overhead, balloons being released to float on their strings in your sightline, etc. The kids I (begrudgingly) understand but I really wish people were more thoughtful of the ten thousand people behind them with a lot of the decisions they make.

We used to camp out for the perfect spot but now we just show up 15-30 minutes before shows and find an empty spot, it won’t be perfect but it’s less frustrating when someone inevitably obstructs our view ten seconds into the show anyway.
That’s fair. I think they should just have some massive stadium seating rise from the ground for fireworks.

JMcMahonEsq

If you can't or won't pay , the plantiff can get a judgement against you. A judgement allow them to get a court order to seize your house or other property - assets .
No not really. So you get a judgment. The defendant immediately filed bankruptcy. The personal home (assuming they are not renters) is going to be protected. What other assets do you think these people are going to have? Yes it will ruin their credit rating for 10 years, and while that might give the person suing some satisfaction, it’s not yielding a ton of cash, or paying the attorney you retained to sue in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom