Fight in the briefing room on Test Track

enoe01

Original Poster
Sorry this is a little late but I have been busy since getting back from the world. On November 12 while in the briefing room for Test Track the following occured, I was exiting the briefing room with my son. As we were exiting the room I heard a disturbance behind me and turn around to see what the yelling was about. As I turned around I saw a man in his 40's pull back his right arm and throw a solid right punch hitting an older man (in his 70's) on the left side of his face. At that time the crowd grabbed the older gentleman and pulled him aside to protect him from this younger much larger guy. Now a bit of a back story... The older man (grandpa) was in line with his 6 year old grandson, from what I gather the grandpa was holding the little boys hand while in line. The little boy was excited as to be expected, the little boy kept pulling the grandfather forward causing him to bump into another older man in front of him in line. While exiting the briefing room the little boy again was pulling grandpa forward and they continued to bump into the older man in front of them. At that point the olderman turned around and shoved the grandpa backwards, the grandpa push the older man back and away from him. At that point the older mans son I am guessing took a sucker punch at the grandpa hitting him in the face.

Ok so I think we are caught up, now some info on me I am a law enforcement officer in the state of Florida. I have sworn to uphold the laws of the state and must take action if i see a Felony in progress.

So now after I see what happens I notice that the young guy then backs down and continues to move forward into the final que. The rest of the people in the briefing room are yelling at this guy and cheking on the grandpa. I then get out of line and approach a cast member working the que and tell him what just happened. The cast member says to me that he didnt see anything. At that point i pull out my badge and inform him that i am a law enforcement officer in Florida and he needs to get his supervisor, the cast member then runs off to get a supervisor. The supervisor gets to the scene and I explain what happened. She then removes the suspect, his party, the victim and my self from the que and bring all of us back stage. While backstage Disney Security is notified and they arrive on scene, the victim tells Security that he wants to press charges against the suspect. Orange County shows up and takes all of our statements. Here is the thing, I am not sure if they arrested the suspect or just gave him a notice to appear, because a manager took me away after the Sheriff Office was done with me. I guess I need to make a few phone calls to OCSO and find out. I completed a sworn statement and told the deputy i would be more than happy to testify in court. Maybe Raven might know or could find out what happened after I left.

Ok now to the rest of the story. The customer service manager, his name was Thomas, gave my son and I a bunch of Fast Passes to the rides and then he took us backstage and in the control booths at both Test Track and Mission Space. He then took us into The Seas. After we rode Nemo he introduced us to a dive trainer and then took us up to the top of the entire aquarium. OMG this was AMAZING you just dont understand how big The Seas really is until you have been up top. Also while up top they were doing Dolphin training and feeding the sea turtles! What an amazing way to end such a crazy day.

SeaCastle

Thanks for intervening! It's awesome that you and your son got the freebies. Let's hope the instigator of the incident is served his just desserts.

ABigBrassBand

Good job, officer! Seems like you and your son had fun with the freebies...really a shame that someone would do that, though :/, just no reason?

GOT2SAMMIES

WOW! I just dont understand while people get so upset with other people while standing in line at WDW... I have seen many an arguments between people because they are standing in front on their kids while waiting for the parade (um hello..let the kids in front to see) to people holding a small 1ft space for the rest of the family that comes 5 minutes before the parade and expects to fit all 10 of the people in that space and expect other people to move.. to waiting for a ride and a little kid is constantly hitting the back of you... From my experience other cultures have no concept of personal space AT ALL. I am glad you were there to help and got rewarded for your actions...I wish everyone was as proactive as yourself....
Pat on the back to ya!:wave:

That's why I almost always carry my credentials wherever I go. I will surely be carrying them in Disney (minus the gun) just in case something like this goes down. Nice work kind sir.

t3techcom18

Ok now to the rest of the story. The customer service manager, his name was Thomas, gave my son and I a bunch of Fast Passes to the rides and then he took us backstage and in the control booths at both Test Track and Mission Space. He then took us into The Seas. After we rode Nemo he introduced us to a dive trainer and then took us up to the top of the entire aquarium. OMG this was AMAZING you just dont understand how big The Seas really is until you have been up top. Also while up top they were doing Dolphin training and feeding the sea turtles! What an amazing way to end such a crazy day.

Hey there! I'm an Attractions CM at Future World East and I know Thomas. He's a really nice and awesome guy. I'll be sure to send your compliments to him! :wave:

enoe01

Original Poster
Hey there! I'm an Attractions CM at Future World East and I know Thomas. He's a really nice and awesome guy. I'll be sure to send your compliments to him! :wave:

Thanks, I also plan on emailing Disney and letting them know what an awsome job he did and that he is what Walt Disney wanted in his Cast members!

Thanks again

Erik

NewfieFan

Crazy story... thanks for sharing, though!

On one of our trips a few years ago my father bumped into someone walking (it was kind of his fault - he was walking while looking over his shoulder and talking)... but an accident non the less. Anyways, he immediately says he's sorry and the guy turns around and gets right up in my father's face like he's about to hit him. My father looks at him and smiles and asks would he like to take it outside the gates. The guy cursing and swearing storms off! It was so bizarre and random! I can't imagine what living with these people are like if their tempers are that easy to rise!

enoe01

Original Poster
I just sent an email to WDW Communications to tell them of the great job that Thomas did. I also told them about the female supervisor for Test Track. She did an awsome job that day, I told them i couldnt remember her name but that she was the supervisor for TT that day and that Thomas should know who she was. I hope that they can find her and give her my kudos as well

rsoxguy

It is regrettable that such things happen at a place designed for fun and entertainment, but I'm glad that someone such as yourself was there to ensure that things would be handled properly. I hope that the violent bully in this story learns his lesson.

R W B

I'm glad it didnt get even more out of hand then what it did. Thats crazy that from what it seems that a larger 40 something yr old would punch a 70 something year old man. I mean did he really feel threatened by him? I understand his dad had an altercation but I mean seriously, that was uncalled for. It would take me feeling like my life or someone I care about life's was in danger for me to hit a 70yr old man, not a little thing like that especially at WDW. Theirs kids everywhere and you have to expect getting bumped in and a little push here and there.

puntagordabob

It amazes me how many grumpy ______ people are around these days.... glad you were there to help remove one of these types from WDW....no call for this guys actions.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A lot of people are in a very tense state, just trying to make sure that everything is perfect. They have scrimped and saved and planned out the ying-yang.

Everything will NOT be perfect (no matter what), they need to relax and enjoy life and their brief visit to WDW.

JimboJones123

With all the heavy drinking at WDW, I'm suprised this doesn't happen more.

We saw nearly half a dozen sets that had too many yesterday at Epcot. Most were happy, but several VERY ANGRY-- and those were taking it out on their kids. Sometimes WDW can be a very sad and not so magical.

WDWFigment

Great to hear that you stepped in and made sure the situation was handled properly. It really is unfortunate that this happens at WDW (way too often). I guess that's what happens with the sense of entitlement people seem to have on vacation.

CDMagic

I work at Test Track and I was there the day this incident took place (nowhere near the location it occurred, but we all found out quickly). I would just like to thank you for stepping up, for taking the time out of your vacation to inform our team what happened, and for helping all of the Cast Members out. Unfortunately when any kind of fight occurs (verbal or physical) it becomes a case of "he said, she said" and the Cast Member is stuck in a pickle that ultimately has no solution. We are all grateful that you were there and, once again, I would really like to thank you for helping us out. If it weren't for you there may have never been a resolution.

Lucky

Great job - good thing you were there.

I know Disney security can't be everywhere, but I think if guests saw a few more uniformed security people inside the parks - not just at the entrances - it might deter some of the bad behavior.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom