Fifth gate

tomman710

Definitely understandable. In your opinion, what would be a good concept for Disneyland's third gate?

I'll answer this ... I don't think they should make it Marvel in name because that's too specific. I think they should call it HeroWorld or HeroScape or something like that then they can use Marvel, Star Wars, and even some properties they have like Wreck It Ralph, Tron, or something like Hercules.

lazyboy97o

It is because I live near Six Flags New England and one of the most popular rides used to be named superman, but they changed it after a horrible accident happened on it. I forget what it was but you get the point.
The change from Superman: Ride of Steel to Bizzaro occurred a few years after the fatal accident and was part of a larger program in which several roller coasters across the chain were given new effects and a new theme.

I'll answer this ... I don't think they should make it Marvel in name because that's too specific. I think they should call it HeroWorld or HeroScape or something like that then they can use Marvel, Star Wars, and even some properties they have like Wreck It Ralph, Tron, or something like Hercules.
But why even speak of a park specifically in terms of intellectual property?

Walt Disney1955

Disney is doing great right now after the expansion of Fantasyland. They are improving their own parks first, which they should. This has been the longest time that a new park hasn't been added. I think it has to get to the point where you say "How much more can they do." A 5th gate isn't a bad option, but as it stands right now I think we can all agree that to see all of WDW you need one solid week. Well if they keep adding things will it get to the point where we say you need two weeks to enjoy the park? Fix what you have first.

WDW1974

No, no and no.

(and I can't believe I am taking part in yet another of these threads)

But there will not be another major theme park built at WDW in the next decade or two and, likely, ever. I wish fanbois would get off the inane idea and focus on the four parks that exist that are all troubled and need attention.

lazyboy97o

But there will not be another major theme park built at WDW in the next decade or two and, likely, ever. I wish fanbois would get off the inane idea and focus on the four parks that exist that are all troubled and need attention.
How else will they storm Walt Disney Imagineering and build all of their ideas while fixing its many problems while becoming the Celebrity Imagineer darling of the fans?

PeterAlt

Original Poster
I often wondered why Imagineering offices looked like big giant storage rental facilities. Now I know. It's to keep their ever-growing collection of models for unbuilt attractions and theme parks!

If I were a Disney CEO and toured the model shop for the first time, I would probably cry. After getting myself together, I would try to find the best of the unbuilt attractions and ask "how much money do we have to build these?"

I would probably get fired soon after for spending all the company's money, but it was worth it!

Legend has it that Eisner took his son Breck with him to the model shop when he toured it for the first time. Breck told his father that DL needed a water flume ride. It didn't take long until Breck found the model for Splash Mountain. Eisner then gave his authorization to have it built.

Breck, by the way, is now a movie director. He directed the Crazies.

blueboxdoctor

Well really, do you expect them to sit around and not think about the future ever? For all we know parts of these parks could already be incorporated into the current ones. Though, as he said in the article on page one, a park did just get built (AK) and perhaps they realized they really need to focus on still making it better, as I find it to the only park I don't mind skipping when I go (and I pretty much always skip it now). Granted, I'm not a big nature person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom