Fifth gate

Californian Elitist

I don't know about you but I think that would be using valuable space in the wrong way.

I haven't seen any kind of plans for a Marvel park, but in my head it could be fantastic. I'm imagining Asgard with Thor, New York with Captain America/Spider-Man, Professor X's school with X-Men. There are lots of possibilities, but I understand why people would oppose the idea.

Adam5897

I haven't seen any kind if plans for a Marvel park, but in my head it could be fantastic. I'm imagining Asgard with Thor, New York with Captain America/Spider-Man, Professor X's school with X-Men. There are lots of possibilities, but I understand why people would oppose the idea.

I don't know maybe its just me hating that Disney bought Marvel. And when I think of things like Spider Man I think Universal or Six Flags, NOT a Disney park.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Oh I know. I'm just trying to clarify that if a fifth gate were to happen, I just hope it wouldn't be that Villains Park.
I do know that when Eisner was first made CEO and Frank Wells President in 1984, they were tossing around the idea an the American Workplace themed park. The idea was to tie it in with Celebrations, which is in its very early planning stages at the time. People living in Celebrations would work at factories at the American Workplace Theme Park. These were to be real factories with real people working in them that made real products that guests to the park could sample (like chocolates at the chocolate factory) and learn how it's made. The factories would be ride through attractions, similar to The Land at EPCOT, where each step of the making of each product would be explained in the way Disney rides do with animatronics and special effects, combined with seeing the workers below through glass, who manufacture the products.

The idea was to get a good variety of factories, such as a candy/chocolate company, a car company (Test Track evolved from this concept), and so on. I remember they were pretty excited about this concept. Obviously, it never happened. I guess, DHS sort of replaced it, as its conceptualized as a tour of a working movie studio, or in part the "entertainment company" tour segment of it.

Californian Elitist

I don't know maybe its just me hating that Disney bought Marvel. And when I think of things like Spider Man I think Universal or Six Flags, NOT a Disney park.

Yeah, but think about it... Disney is great (sometimes) at building immersive lands. I don't know if you've seen Cars Land, but man oh man. I'm a pretty big Marvel fan, so in biased, I guess.

lazyboy97o

I haven't seen any kind of plans for a Marvel park, but in my head it could be fantastic. I'm imagining Asgard with Thor, New York with Captain America/Spider-Man, Professor X's school with X-Men. There are lots of possibilities, but I understand why people would oppose the idea.
My biggest problem with a Marvel theme park, or a Star Wars theme park or any other theme park based on a single intellectual property is that it is once again a limiting of themed entertainment to only what has been created in other creative mediums.

Following that, given how The Walt Disney Company of today operates, a Marvel park would also very likely be focused on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, further confining the medium.

lazyboy97o

I do know that when Eisner was first made CEO and Frank Wells President in 1984, they were tossing around the idea an the American Workplace themed park. The idea was to tie it in with Celebrations, which is in its very early planning stages at the time. People living in Celebrations would work at factories at the American Workplace Theme Park. These were to be real factories with real people working in them that made real products that guests to the park could sample (like chocolates at the chocolate factory) and learn how it's made. The factories would be ride through attractions, similar to The Land at EPCOT, where each step of the making of each product would be explained in the way Disney rides do with animatronics and special effects, combined with seeing the workers below how manufacture the products.

The idea was to get a good variety of factories, such as a candy/chocolate company, a car company (Test Track evolved from this concept), and so on. I remember they were pretty excited about this concept. Obviously, it never happened. I guess, DHS sort of replaced it, as its conceptualized as a tour of a working movie studio, or in part the "entertainment company" tour segment of it.
That sounds more like the EPCOT Theme Centers which were the conceptual predecessors to Future World which bridged EPCOT Center to EPCOT.

Adam5897

Yeah, but think about it... Disney is great (sometimes) at building immersive lands. I don't know if you've seen Cars Land, but man oh man. I'm a pretty big Marvel fan, so in biased, I guess.

Oh yes I've seen cars land and it looks amazing I want to experience it so bad especially RSR i have never been to DL but have a feeling I will like it more than WDW( which i will most likely be attacked for saying but oh well). Hoping to go next year!

Californian Elitist

My biggest problem with a Marvel theme park, or a Star Wars theme park or any other theme park based on a single intellectual property is that it is once again a limiting of themed entertainment to only what has been created in other creative mediums.

Following that, given how The Walt Disney Company of today operates, a Marvel park would also very likely be focused on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, further confining the medium.

Definitely understandable. In your opinion, what would be a good concept for Disneyland's third gate?

Disneyhead'71

I have no idea of why, when you think of Spider-man, you would think of Universal. I simply try not to think of Six Flags for any reason. But Disney fans absolutely insist of throwing the Six Flags insult at anyone who might possibly like Universal. I always counter with Disney parks are designed for Little Girls and Grandmas and most certainly not for anyone boy parts.

Californian Elitist

Oh yes I've seen cars land and it looks amazing I want to experience it so bad especially RSR i have never been to DL but have a feeling I will like it more than WDW( which i will most likely be attacked for saying but oh well). Hoping to go next year!

Oh no, I was talking about seeing it in person haha. Hopefully you get the chance, soon.

Adam5897

I have no idea of why when you think of Spider-man you think of Universal. I just try not to think of Six Flags for any reason. But Disney fans absolutely insist of throwing the Six Flags insult at anyone who might possibly like Universal. I always counter with Disney parks are designed for Little girls and Grandmas and most certainly not for anyone boy parts.

I don't know why I think universal either, I just do. And i have nothing against universal or people who like their parks so im sorry if i offended you or you misunderstood what I was saying.

Disneyhead'71

I don't know why I think universal either, I just do. And i have nothing against universal or people who like their parks so im sorry if i offended you or you misunderstood what I was saying.
I was actually trying to be a bit sarcastic, but the champagne my have sharpened my wit too much.

But I am pretty sure that the reason that you think of Universal when you think of Spider-man is The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man is an attraction at Universal Resort Orlando's Islands of Adventure Theme Park. And it is one of the most amazing dark rides ever created and equals ANYTHING Disney has ever created. And given that Six Flags has the rights to DC Comics, it is fair to associate super heros with Six Flags. It is just that us Universal Resort Orlando fans have the Six Flags insult thrown at us about 300 times a day by arrogant Disney fans simply because you can actually see the roller coaster tracks, so we are a titch touchy.

Adam5897

I was actually trying to be a bit sarcastic, but the champagne my have sharpened my wit too much.

But I am pretty sure that the reason that you think of Universal when you think of Spider-man is The Amazing Adventures of Spider-man is an attraction at Universal Resort Orlando's Islands of Adventure Theme Park. And it is one of the most amazing dark rides ever created and equals ANYTHING Disney has ever created. And given that Six Flags has the rights to DC Comics, it is fair to associate super heros with Six Flags. It is just that us Universal Resort Orlando fans have the Six Flags insult thrown at us about 300 times a day by arrogant Disney fans simply because you can actually see the roller coaster tracks, so we are a titch touchy.

Well I know little to nothing about Universal except for the new and very popular Harry potter land. But after that I really don't have a clue what is even there. I guess it's because I'm biased towards disney so I most of my time on Disney threads and spend my vacations in WDW. Maybe I should try Universal, at least their not afraid to invest and build new and exciting things unlike disney. Well thats what I hear on here. And my thinking of Spider-Man had nothing to do with swing tracks hahah. It is because I live near Six Flags New England and one of the most popular rides used to be named superman, but they changed it after a horrible accident happened on it. I forget what it was but you get the point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom