Festival of the Lion King

EaglesfanNJ

Good to hear about the Lion King additions. Living in NJ, i have the benefit of taking a short 2 hour trip up to New York City and Broadway once in a while. The wife and i saw the Lion King show on Broadway. Truth be told, I enjoyed the Disney show better. Obviously, i know they are two different dynamics, and two different shows, and i don't know if it was just the fact that i was IN Disney, but i just seemed to enjoy it a little more. Make no mistake though, the Broadway show should not be missed.

Going in Sept and can't wait to see the updates, last time i saw it was 2007

wserratore1963

Don't like to start a new thread with potentially old information, but visited Festival of the Lion King today. Haven't been since they've added the "Living Character" Timon to the mix - great addition.

Anyways it looks like they've done some work on the old parade floats to bring them up to show standards. All four of the animals on each float look like they've been retextured or refurred. Water features were working on the Elephant float. Simba's animations were amazing.

Sorry no photos, but it seems like this is where some of the mothballed funding from Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends ended up.
Best show AK - I see it every time i'm there.

On a seperate note I think AK is very slowly becoming a full daytime park ( 8 - 10 hrs )
Everest, Dino, Kali, primevil, Bugs, Lion king, Nemo, safari & parade

RSoxNo1

Best show AK - I see it every time i'm there.

On a seperate note I think AK is very slowly becoming a full daytime park ( 8 - 10 hrs )
Everest, Dino, Kali, primevil, Bugs, Lion king, Nemo, safari & parade

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park, but the problem with AK and DHS is that the park is drive by shows. They both are too light on rides, and it can be difficult to base your day around show schedules.

XS-Spence

It really does sounds like they are getting more love. Especially Simba's more fluid and realistic movements. :)

Simba is not an AA, just ask our friends in Puppettering.:animwink:

...The tumble monkeys had a lot more energy and were spot on in all of their acrobatics...

Oh the stories I could tell about the monkeys... It was probably an un-eventful night previously. Those guys are all pros and super awesome at what they do, and the jobs incurs a decent amount of injury from time to time. Appreciate your tumble monkeys!

Figments Friend

I am a big fan of this show, and agree with other posters here he note as being 'The Best Show On Property'. Simply fantastic. It has it ALL and the way it is staged is unique and interesting.

I see this show twice every time a visit, and have probably seen it over 35 to 40 times now. Love it love it love it...it NEVER gets 'old'!

In January i noted that the float 'animals' were looking a bit rough ( only a flash would bring it out...nothing you can really see during the actual show). I was checking them out closely as usual after the performance and thought they could use a bit TLC. GREAT news to hear that Simba and his friends have gone to the 'water hole' for a bath. Yay!

The additon of 'Talking Timon' was a big plus. I remember when the 'Dream Along With Mickey' stage show over at MK debuted with the animated heads. I immediately thought that this would work perfectly for FoTLK...and a year or so later there was Timon! It really adds a nice additional show element.

I tell everyone who visits to see this show. It is a NOT TO BE MISSED attraction. See it TWICE...once is not enough while you are visiting! As much as everyone rants about the 'Finding Nemo' stage show across the Park, 'Festival of the Lion King' wipes the floor IMO. Music, lighting, staging mechanics, fire dance, costumes, wire acts, giant 'animals'...and more...make it THE best stage show On Property indeed.

Any FoTLK Cm's reading - YOU GUYS ( and gals!) ROCK!!!! See ya in September!

:sohappy:

XS-Spence

I am a big fan of this show, and agree with other posters here he note as being 'The Best Show On Property'. Simply fantastic. It has it ALL and the way it is staged is unique and interesting.

I see this show twice every time a visit, and have probably seen it over 35 to 40 times now. Love it love it love it...it NEVER gets 'old'!

In January i noted that the float 'animals' were looking a bit rough ( only a flash would bring it out...nothing you can really see during the actual show). I was checking them out closely as usual after the performance and thought they could use a bit TLC. GREAT news to hear that Simba and his friends have gone to the 'water hole' for a bath. Yay!

The additon of 'Talking Timon' was a big plus. I remember when the 'Dream Along With Mickey' stage show over at MK debuted with the animated heads. I immediately thought that this would work perfectly for FoTLK...and a year or so later there was Timon! It really adds a nice additional show element.

I tell everyone who visits to see this show. It is a NOT TO BE MISSED attraction. See it TWICE...once is not enough while you are visiting! As much as everyone rants about the 'Finding Nemo' stage show across the Park, 'Festival of the Lion King' wipes the floor IMO. Music, lighting, staging mechanics, fire dance, costumes, wire acts, giant 'animals'...and more...make it THE best stage show On Property indeed.

Any FoTLK Cm's reading - YOU GUYS ( and gals!) ROCK!!!! See ya in September!

:sohappy:

I can do no more than whole-heartedly agree with you. :)

RSoxNo1

This is a must see for me at the Animal Kingdom. I remember standing in line (yes there was a line) behind another family that didn't know what they were about to see. The guy was your stereotypical tough guy whose outward appearance screamed, "I do not belong in Disney World." I had no reservations telling him it was the best show on property. They said, "Wow, even better than Fantasmic?" And I stood by my opinion. As we walked out he told me that I was right.

The only show that I may argue is better is the Aladdin musical at DCA.

Everytime I go to FoTLK, I get a reminder about one of my favorite facts.

"Giraffes make a sound like a sheep!" :ROFLOL:

That always makes me laugh. I really don't know why. I need to hear a giraffe speak one day.

RSoxNo1

Everytime I go to FoTLK, I get a reminder about one of my favorite facts.

"Giraffes make a sound like a sheep!" :ROFLOL:

That always makes me laugh. I really don't know why. I need to hear a giraffe speak one day.

I've probably seen the show 15-20 times, and it wasn't until last year when I saw a little girl that knew the sound a giraffe makes.

Bobster

FOTLK is such a great show. It wasn't always my favourite, but it is now. I won't tell you what my favourite was before though (rhymes with "Farzan Socks") as I don't want to start a heated debate :)

For those interested, here is HD video of the last part of the show with the "Living Character" Timon. This was taken last January...

Festival of the Lion King in HD

WDWmazprty

We love FOTLK show, especially my daughter. She was one of the kids that got called out to play an instrument and dance along with the performers. She was so surprised when they picked her; she still talks about it to this day. :)

Jpfan4ever

Just came back from Disney and also wanted to note that Simba is no longer an AA. He's half costumed, half puppet character now....it looks great too!! It was the first thing I noticed!! Also, Pumbaa is on a turntable now, I think he is also a puppet now...The show was awesome as always, just much better now!

XS-Spence

Just came back from Disney and also wanted to note that Simba is no longer an AA. He's half costumed, half puppet character now....it looks great too!! It was the first thing I noticed!! Also, Pumbaa is on a turntable now, I think he is also a puppet now...The show was awesome as always, just much better now!

Simba, Pumbaa, The elephant, and the giraffe have NEVER been Audio-Animatronic. Ever since those floats have been new in parade. There are very talented performers that help those characters come to life during every show!

_Scar

Nemo > FotLK

IMO. I was expecting a retelling of the story and some Scar/Simba action. I guess with those expectations I would of been disappointed, but still a great show and Nemo is only better because of the massive puppets, great preformers, uniqueness, and catchy songs.

I'd see both in a heart beat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom