News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

TrainsOfDisney

Putting aside the quality of the show, the amphitheater is outside, although most of it is under a roof to keep you dry in the event of rain. The seats can be marked for social distancing.
A Beauty and the Beast “Concert” would have been super easy to do. I’m guessing that, or something similar was the plan before the big budget cuts.

They already had the orchestra and the costume characters, once equity came back they just add Belle and Gaston to come out and sing a few songs socially distanced and there you have it.

JohnD

A Beauty and the Beast “Concert” would have been super easy to do. I’m guessing that, or something similar was the plan before the big budget cuts.

They already had the orchestra and the costume characters, once equity came back they just add Belle and Gaston to come out and sing a few songs socially distanced and there you have it.

Well, it looks like an adjusted show for FOTLK first to see how that goes then slowly introduce other adjusted shows. For example, for Finding Nemo, they could move all the scenes where the cast is moving through the audience to on stage instead.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Look on the bright side. Your trip after that one should be better.
Perhaps. But it’ll be forever till I will be able to go back and afford a trip. Another big thing is I’m taking 4 first timers on this one and it was the only week they could get off.

*sigh*

On ANOTHER bright side, it’s one experience I didnt think we’d get. So that’s a plus I reckon! I wasnt expecting any at all.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
On ANOTHER bright side, it’s one experience I didnt think we’d get. So that’s a plus I reckon! I wasnt expecting any at all.
That’s the one. We lost 3 weeks in Orlando last year. We lost a Disney cruise. But we managed to salvage 3 nights in DLP at the third attempt and were extremely grateful for (just) that. Small things in extraordinary times.

scoobygirl39541

This is great news. We're going May 7-15 so all fingers crossed (even though its most likely we will JUST miss it). FOTLK is my favorite show on property by far (and one of my favorite things on property period), so I'm so glad its somewhat coming back. I'm ok with the abridged version just so they do eventually bring the full show back in the future. I would be heartbroken if they permanently took another thing away and blamed covid.

wannabeBelle

Exactly so. I was saying that similar shows could be done in the bigger theatres such as Fantasmic, Indy etc. If you used a band such as Mulch, Sweat & Shears it would be easy enough to socially distance the band from each other and in those huge theatres the audience wouldnt be a problem either. I dont understand why they got rid of the BaTB Show, I thought it was pretty cute and checked off all the safety protocol boxes. I cant wait for more entertainment to return. Without it, there is little for anyone else to do but wait in lines for rides, making them even longer. Marie

TrainsOfDisney

Exactly so. I was saying that similar shows could be done in the bigger theatres such as Fantasmic, Indy etc. If you used a band such as Mulch, Sweat & Shears it would be easy enough to socially distance the band from each other and in those huge theatres the audience wouldnt be a problem either. I dont understand why they got rid of the BaTB Show, I thought it was pretty cute and checked off all the safety protocol boxes. I cant wait for more entertainment to return. Without it, there is little for anyone else to do but wait in lines for rides, making them even longer. Marie
Citizens of Hollywood could easily do a socially distanced show in the Indy theatre or the Beauty and the Beast Theatre.

ToTBellHop

Citizens of Hollywood could easily do a socially distanced show in the Indy theatre or the Beauty and the Beast Theatre.
Their failure to do this in the BatB theater is mind-boggling. Low cost but a significant capacity increase. However, their shows are funniest when they are interactive, which is currently a no-no. That’s a bit of an issue for Indy, too. But nothing insurmountable. I’m sure The Zach has at least 8 ideas.

wannabeBelle

However, their shows are funniest when they are interactive, which is currently a no-no.
Understood but we can certainly work with what we've got at the moment and build from there. It is these kinds of shows that make the parks special. I understand the spontaneity wont be there of just coming across a show and stopping to watch, but again we do what we can in this time. Marie

ToTBellHop

Understood but we can certainly work with what we've got at the moment and build from there. It is these kinds of shows that make the parks special. I understand the spontaneity wont be there of just coming across a show and stopping to watch, but again we do what we can in this time. Marie
Absolutely. At DHS, in particular, the lack of live entertainment is problematic (still just Frozen?) and they have two, large, outdoor, covered amphitheaters that could easily host shows during Covid. There’s not much excuse with FotLK returning but I understand there is movement on this front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom