Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

SpectroMan93

The Paris dragon is impressive, but from what I've seen, the movements were awkward and the fire effect didn't last long during the parade's run. Just looking at how the FOF float is built, the mechanical design lends itself to more agile movements from the head to tail and all movable parts in-between, while still being a unique and inspired take on the classic dragon. The gears and cogs add an extra kinetic energy, while the flames provide the wow factor. All in all, it's a very exciting float that will surpass Paris's in function, design, and jaw dropping.

TTA94

The Paris dragon is impressive, but from what I've seen, the movements were awkward and the fire effect didn't last long during the parade's run. Just looking at how the FOF float is built, the mechanical design lends itself to more agile movements from the head to tail and all movable parts in-between, while still being a unique and inspired take on the classic dragon. The gears and cogs add an extra kinetic energy, while the flames provide the wow factor. All in all, it's a very exciting float that will surpass Paris's in function, design, and jaw dropping.

I don't want to be a downer but I have a feeling the fire effect will be offline 90% of the time either because it breaks, (most likely) or safety reasons. The biggest issue being wind, etc. One of the many things to enjoy while it lasts :(. Hopefully TDO has a better maintenance mind set with this parade, but we shall see.

wdrive

Came across this gem on DisneyAndMore today. Can the function of this new dragon top Paris' from their parade from more than 20 years ago?
View attachment 44226

Not to put a downer on things but for years and years that dragon float in Paris didn't move or breath fire.

Go to 4 minutes in this video

Then go to 1:20 in this video

First video is from 1995 and second one is from 2005. Already by 1995 the fire was gone.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Ok so it is settled no parade route lighting, onboard lighting, glow with the show until after Summer lol. Which does make sense as I cant see them ending MSEP during the peak busy Spring and Summer.

I know we don't know the exact dates yet but When will Technically be FOFs very first time on the parade route besides tests and rehearsals? Will that be for CMs or Media? I don't know how it usually breaks down?

Disneyland had a special nighttime AP event for Soundsational which was super awesome when they brought some of the floats onto the parade route for pictures and stuff :). I don't know if that was also considered the Media event? I forgot if it was a special Sign Up or Contest type thing? Hopefully they do this for FOF!!
If you read back a bit, March 16th is opening with the 14th as a preview

etwtec

If you read back a bit, March 16th is opening with the 14th as a preview

I am aware of the dates for soft opening and official debut but what I meant was I doubt the soft opening will "Technically" be FOFs very first time on the parade route. That being said, will the rundown be CM previews, Then Media, Then maaybe a AP preview, THEN soft opening and the official debut?

TTA94

I am aware of the dates for soft opening and official debut but what I meant was I doubt the soft opening will "Technically" be FOFs very first time on the parade route. That being said, will the rundown be CM previews, Then Media, Then maaybe a AP preview, THEN soft opening and the official debut?

Well the thing is Yeah "Technically" the soft opening may not be FOFs very first run down the parade route BUT it will be for APs and the general public. Cast Members and Big Shots/Media will probably get to see FOF first, unless of course they allow CMs or Media to bring a guest or family members..

TTA94

Ever since it was brought up about the Castle Float being made into a Frozen float.. More and more Im thinking that could totally happen! I know we wanted the castle float crushed in a million pieces LOL, But if this was the only way Frozen could join FOF then I would be all for it!

Last edited:

gonnichi

Ever since it was brought up about the Castle Float being made into a Frozen float.. More and more Im thinking that could totally happen! I know we wanted the castle float crushed in a million pieces LOL, But if this was the only way Frozen could join FOF then I would be all for it!

It sounds like you work for TDO when you write stuff like that, lol. But I totally agree with you. It could work especially if they modified the float made it more icy and more snowy. Now I sound like I'm working for Disney, lol. I do like Disney nostalgia so it makes perfect sense to me to keep that float in the parade since its been around for so long, lol. Can you imagine the detail from Elsa's castle on that float, it would be amazing!

TTA94

It sounds like you work for TDO when you write stuff like that, lol. But I totally agree with you. It could work especially if they modified the float made it more icy and more snowy. Now I sound like I'm working for Disney, lol. I do like Disney nostalgia so it makes perfect sense to me to keep that float in the parade since its been around for so long, lol. Can you imagine the detail from Elsa's castle on that float, it would be amazing!

Yes! Believe it or not that float could really be spectacular! Imagine a cool fiber optic or other lighting effect at night with Elsa singing "Let It Go" :D

jjnshane

Yes! Believe it or not that float could really be spectacular! Imagine a cool fiber optic or other lighting effect at night with Elsa singing "Let It Go" :D

NO!!!! The only time I want to see that float again is in the Christmas parade! And it is HUGE -- Too large to just have Anna and Elsa on it. If anything, I could see them using one of the smaller floats from the Christmas parade for Anna and Elsa to add in the parade. Please, not the castle float! I remember seeing that float when I was 13 and I will be 40 shortly after the new parade debuts. It is way past time to let that one go! (I think I would cry if I saw it in another day parade!) :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom