Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

wdw_cp09

"Other floats on tap for this parade will celebrate Disney Princesses in a Royal Court Garden float." just throwing it out there!

Attachments

• tmp_DSC00761.JPG1764223931.jpeg
    tmp_DSC00761.JPG1764223931.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 108

Next Big Thing

The parade is very focused on Fantasyland characters, hence the title "Festival of Fantasy". At one point I believe there was also a Fantasy-themed Fireworks show on the table to replace Wishes. It was all part of a plan to really make a splash with FLE, which ultimately isn't happening.

When is this parade expected to debut? I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to combine the opening of SDMT and Festival of Fantasy to make a bigger marketing impact.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The parade is very focused on Fantasyland characters, hence the title "Festival of Fantasy". At one point I believe there was also a Fantasy-themed Fireworks show on the table to replace Wishes. It was all part of a plan to really make a splash with FLE, which ultimately isn't happening.

When is this parade expected to debut? I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to combine the opening of SDMT and Festival of Fantasy to make a bigger marketing impact.
They are only saying 'Spring 2014"
if they wanted to make a big splash they should have opened the whole completed land and parade together.

Next Big Thing

They are only saying 'Spring 2014"
if they wanted to make a big splash they should have opened the whole completed land and parade together.
Well, about as big of a splash as they can make (which with Diagon Alley opening next year, is more like jumping in a puddle).

They could easily have gotten it all done together if they tried hard enough, but they don't care enough and tbh, they want to save money and drag this stuff out. And beyond just saving money, what do they have opening after these things right now? Nothing as far as we know. Avatar is just kind of there. Star Wars is something that will happen probably sooner than later. But nothing is even under construction outside of the new FotLK theatre. Hell, the PARKING GARAGE at DTD isn't even going to be finished until 2015. They have nothing right now, they needed these two things for next year.

TTA94

I have to say I am not a fan of the Brave float.. A bag pipe? Really? Is that the only thing they could come up with? and the Little Mermaid float is to short... Actually besides Peter Pan and Tangled all the floats look to be about the same size as the "Drum floats" in Soundsational... Why are they making them short instead of long floats? Let me guess, cutbacks!

TTA94

About the final Celebrate A Dream Come True performances, it would be cool if they returned the parade to its full original form with the Villains Float and the Show Stop.

aladdin2007

I have to say I am not a fan of the Brave float.. A bag pipe? Really? Is that the only thing they could come up with? and the Little Mermaid float is to short... Actually besides Peter Pan and Tangled all the floats look to be about the same size as the "Drum floats" in Soundsational... Why are they making them short instead of long floats? Let me guess, cutbacks!

its the new age of value engineering, the days of grand seem to be in the past in terms of Disney anyway

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Hopefully it's like Soundsational with a combo of short and long floats. I would imagine the princess float would be long. I'm also not a fan of the Brave float hopefully it looks better IRL.

sloppy.joey

Well aren't you just a bundle of joy! o_O

jrh1985

About the final Celebrate A Dream Come True performances, it would be cool if they returned the parade to its full original form with the Villains Float and the Show Stop.
Fine with me if the put the characters and Show Stop Props from the May 2009 Update in there. I'm impressed that CADCT will go until Jan 4th. I saw a couple end dates for CADCT, from Dec 2nd-3rd to The end of MVMCP. When I looked at the Jan Travel Agent Calendar This morn, I noticed the changed parade time from 3:00 to 3:30, i figured that MOUACT would finish up New Years week. Now maybe CADCT will go out on a twice a day schedule! Nice Job MK!

mm52200

I don't think they're bringing back the showstops or villians float for just four additional performances. I think they're just bringing it back because they don't want to pay to run the more expensive Christmas parade an additional four more days.

jrh1985

I don't think they're bringing back the showstops or villians float for just four additional performances. I think they're just bringing it back because they don't want to pay to run the more expensive Christmas parade an additional four more days.
They could have did what we all thought to going to happen and start the new year with no day parade. But they're not doing that. Good for MK!!

TsWade2

I thought The Little Mermaid float and Brave float are lovely. And will Dumbo and Pinocchio be sharing a float like they did in Jubilation?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom