Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I heard that the refurb will be more a "sprucing up" than a complete refurb. Fix up the lighting, rebuilt parts of the floats that are in dire need of it, new LEDs here and there. Good stuff, but it's unfortunate that there won't be more. I freaking love the MSEP, and it could use a few new floats. While like the simplicity of the parade and don't think we need anything nearly as gaudy as DreamLights, a few new floats would be very nice. I wonder if maybe they might be able to reincorporate any remaining floats from Spectro or bring back Blue Fairy and/or Dumbo units.

Why do so many of you doubt MSEP will return? Because they destroyed SpectroMagic? I have a hard time thinking they would destroy TWO light parades, especially given how legendary MSEP is to both old-school WDW fans and Disneyland die-hards. Then again, this IS the same company that let 20k Leagues rot away for a decade...

Because Jay Rasulo is channeling Pressler, ie the only moving part in Disney Parks should be a cash register drawer

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In November, they will switch to Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade and then quietly kill it on 1/2/14. Turns out, when the poachers were fired from Kilimanjaro Safaris, they turned their sights elsewhere:
Mickeys-Jammin-Jungle-Parade-072013-2.jpg

If people are watching a parade they are not in the Disney Mall buying food and merch

doctornick

I hope they keep MSEP and just add some new floats. I was really wanting to see it when I come out next year.

I hope so as well. MSEP is a big part of the nostalgia for WDW to me and I would have to see it go, but a nice refurb and some additions/changes to the floats would be welcome. We are tentatively doing an Aug 2014 trip, so I hope it is back by then.

aladdin2007

is festival of fantasy still on target for spring? An article came out on allears (I think it was issued by Disney not sure) but its about whats new and coming for spring, and there was no mention of the new parade.

minninedaisy74

I am sure the question I am about to ask has been answered somewhere in the previous 30 pages but I will ask anyway daytime or nighttime parade? I love MSEP so I am hoping it will still be there early this summer.

doctornick

No, 6 months would put it at returning in the fall. FOF is premiering in April.

Are they waiting until FOF starts? I thought there was talk that MSEP would stop right after the holidays and that there would be no parades in WDW for a few months (stopping it when FOF starts makes more sense to me, mind you).

GiveMeTheMusic

Are they waiting until FOF starts? I thought there was talk that MSEP would stop right after the holidays and that there would be no parades in WDW for a few months (stopping it when FOF starts makes more sense to me, mind you).

You know, I don't know. I was under the impression that MSEP would go down when FOF opened and that it would be running like normal until then.

EDIT: the entertainment schedules have been posted for Jan - March. MSEP is on the schedule for all three months.

Last edited:

jrh1985

You know, I don't know. I was under the impression that MSEP would go down when FOF opened and that it would be running like normal until then.

EDIT: the entertainment schedules have been posted for Jan - March. MSEP is on the schedule for all three months.
Any sign of FOF on that? Or, is it too early?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
More art and details from Disney Parks Blog -

"To make room for “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade,” the park’s current daytime parade, “Celebrate a Dream Come True,” will end it’s daily run on December 20, 2013, with finale performances scheduled for January 1-4, 2014. During the holiday season, “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime” Parade will be presented each day, and guests will still be able to enjoy performances of “Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It” and “Main Street Electrical Parade” at the park throughout the changeover, leading up to the spring debut of “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.”

Ariel Float -
JEP695438SMALL.jpg

Merida Float
JEP695439SMALL.jpg

jrh1985

Those finale performances of CADCT Should be interesting. I wonder if they doing something special for those 4 days. So happy it ends in 2014!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom