Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

PhotoDave219

Thanks for backing me up! I know Inside The Magic reported it. I couldn't remember if Steve actually said it.

I was hoping the bashing would end when CADCT ended but guess not,

Oh well.

I think the bashing lend when Disney actually fixes things and has them work correctly before they send out press releases touting their record profits…

SpectroMan93

I think the bashing lend when Disney actually fixes things and has them work correctly before they send out press releases touting their record profits…
Just saying, their record profits don't come from nowhere. They come from the wallets of their guests. Money that was willingly given. If Disney is earning that money, they have every right to tout it. If you don't like it, as people here always say, vote with your wallet. Don't go. I just think it's funny that you acknowledge that the parade is fantastic, yet you walk out pessimistic and irritated over one effect being turned off for what could easily have been a safety situation. Not a very healthy mind set, in my opinion.

jrh1985

I treat people the way they treat me. If people are to be rude first… I have no problem giving it back to them tenfold.
I didn't mean to be rude to you personally, sorry about that. I'm just tired of all the bashing. Never understood it during CADCT, was hoping that FOF would end some of that. I trust TDO. That's not the first time i said that one here. I've watched TDO/WDW since WDW's 1990 TV Easter Parade and I like what i see. I just re posted my last post to make the point that Steve is planning for more fire so, It's not going away. Why not today?, was there any wind during FOF today? That might be it. If there was completely no wind and not a drop of rain, I don't know what to tell you. Plus TDS or Tokyo DisneySea cuts pyro on windy days so MK wouldn't be the first.

PhotoDave219

Just saying, their record profits don't come from nowhere. They come from the wallets of their guests. Money that was willingly given. If Disney is earning that money, they have every right to tout it. If you don't like it, as people here always say, vote with your wallet. Don't go. I just think it's funny that you acknowledge that the parade is fantastic, yet you walk out pessimistic and irritated over one effect being turned off for what could easily have been a safety situation. Not a very healthy mind set, in my opinion.

I find your defense of the company to be equally mentally's unstable…

PhotoDave219

I didn't mean to be rude to you personally, sorry about that. I'm just tired of all the bashing. Never understood it during CADCT, was hoping that FOF would end some of that. I trust TDO. That's not the first time i said that one here. I've watched TDO/WDW since WDW's 1990 TV Easter Parade and I like what i see. I just re posted my last post to make the point that Steve is planning for more fire so, It's not going away. Why not today?, was there any wind during FOF today? That might be it. If there was completely no wind and not a drop of rain, I don't know what to tell you. Plus TDS or Tokyo DisneySea cuts pyro on windy days so MK wouldn't be the first.

And I apologize for coming back at you rather harsh…

I'm not bashing things Persay… I just told Disney to the standards they used to hold themselves to. If this parade was six months old or a-year-old, I would expect things not be working 100%. But four days in? So frustrating.

jrh1985

And I apologize for coming back at you rather harsh…

I'm not bashing things Persay… I just told Disney to the standards they used to hold themselves to. If this parade was six months old or a-year-old, I would expect things not be working 100%. But four days in? So frustrating.
Thanks! I don't get the bashing because TDO/WDW has pleased me since 1990, and my family has been pleased on our trips from 1992-2013, and counting, I hope!

If there was no wind today, you have a point. If there was, I don't know. I don't know what the standards are as FOF brings new things like turntables, swinging and fire to Florida. Would be interesting to look into if anyone can. Over the last 5 years, CADCT has been between storms, in pouring rain. Start dry, then end in rain. The other way around. Replaced by the cavalcade, or replaced by nothing at all if the weather is too bad. So, I don't know MK's line of thinking when it comes to weather. To me, I found it impressive that MK tried to get CADCT in if they can.

I'll admit, I was a little nervous when I heard Monday before the confirm that the turntables were stopped for media. Looking at the videos from the 10th, any reason why Cindy wasn't pointed at the Media? I didn't think Olaf wouldn't be connected to the turntables but I guess it is?

joanna71985

I loved FoF! I was there opening day, and it was everything I hoped it would be. I definitely will be seeing this parade quite often

I didn't look at PFH after the parade on opening day, but Peter Pan was closed until after the parade. CM told guests that boats can't fly without pixie dust and Tinkerbell was busy in the parade. Based on that, I would assume PFH would have closed, or at least would have been missing Rapunzel and Cinderella.

No.

SpectroMan93

I find your defense of the company to be equally mentally's unstable…
Excuse me, there is no need for that. Let me try something more productive. I have no problem with you holding Disney to a high standard, it's pretty much our job as fans on this site to do so. What I'm saying is that we don't know if the effect today was off because of a malfunction or because of the weather, and considering it's been running only 4 days, I'm inclined to believe the latter. Just humor us, if it indeed was windy during the parade, would you rather have the effect off, or have it accidentally set a tree/building on fire? Just trying to open you up to the idea that not everything is TDO trying to ruin your vacation.

Donald96

image.jpg

Disney Analyst

We can speculate until the cows come home why there was no fire today... It won't make any difference. There was no fire, I'm sorry if it ruins anyone's trip.. but at least the EPIC dragon is still in the parade.. Would we rather they just cut the dragon when there can be no fire? Maybe it was a technical glitch, a safety sensor may have been triggered and the effect was shut off, maybe it was shut off due to wind.. Maybe for them to add more fire they need to put in a new fire system so they removed that one... So many factors could be at play, but I doubt any of them are due to it suddenly being broken and no longer working.

As someone involved in performance, especially live performance... Stuff happens, it is the nature of the beast. It could have been working the moment it came out on the route, and something came up half way through the parade... We just don't know, but it is something you have to accept when it comes to live performance... it may not always be perfect. But everyone damn well tries their hardest to make it be as perfect as possible.

PhotoDave219

Excuse me, there is no need for that. Let me try something more productive. I have no problem with you holding Disney to a high standard, it's pretty much our job as fans on this site to do so. What I'm saying is that we don't know if the effect today was off because of a malfunction or because of the weather, and considering it's been running only 4 days, I'm inclined to believe the latter. Just humor us, if it indeed was windy during the parade, would you rather have the effect off, or have it accidentally set a tree/building on fire? Just trying to open you up to the idea that not everything is TDO trying to ruin your vacation.

I'm not on vacation. I live here and have been around the company for ten years. But thanks for the condescension.....

jrh1985

Now, I'm starting to think FOF wasn't a good idea! HaHa! LOL!:)
I think Steve/TDO/MK created a monster! FOF might be the closest watched parade yet in Disney's History! How long are we going to get daily updates? Don't get me wrong, I like the updates and think we probably should get them the first week well as updates on the tweaks. However, after a while, I would like go think on thinking that TDO is doing FOF right, and not wondering what TDO will do from day to day. That's up to TDO, I know, I know.

I'm tired after a long day as I'm writing this so if I sound rude i don't mean to be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom