Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Nemo14

Realist.

I can see them just using the fire only for one day, only for the cameras and then using the excuse "guess safety" for the next 10 years the parade runs…
but..but..but.. it's because they care about us....
stars.gif

SpectroMan93

Ok, I've watched the parade over and over and I can say Soundsational is better, is true that Fof is a great parade, but I prefer the one at CA.
I like how Steve compared the two. Festival of Fantasy is much more centered around the visuals, while Soundsational is centered around the music. I think it depends on what someone prefers.
Realist.

I can see them just using the fire only for one day, only for the cameras and then using the excuse "guess safety" for the next 10 years the parade runs…
Yesterday was a normal park operations day and the fire was on. Also, I heard there was some rainy weather today, which might have affected the decision to use fire. Let's try to have faith instead of immediately raising our pitch forks. Two days ago we all cried foul about the garden float not rotating, and then it turned out to be on purpose for media day. Like seriously, it just opened, everyone get a grip.

PhotoDave219

I like how Steve compared the two. Festival of Fantasy is much more centered around the visuals, while Soundsational is centered around the music. I think it depends on what someone prefers.

Yesterday was a normal park operations day and the fire was on. Also, I heard there was some rainy weather today, which might have affected the decision to use fire. Let's try to have faith instead of immediately raising our pitch forks. Two days ago we all cried foul about the garden float not rotating, and then it turned out to be on purpose for media day. Like seriously, it just opened, everyone get a grip.

I was there today. It was not raining during parade.

As for "getting a grip?" That's just how your employer's track history is.

PhotoDave219

It could be a wind factor, it was rather windy today.

All I know is that this parade is being marketed around a firebreathing dragon… That did not breathe fire today.

It's frustrating to go see something that is four days old and not see it work correctly. And it's one frustration on top of another… Just trying to get the Magic Kingdom is a pain in the with the monorail not running properly.

jrh1985

All I know is that this parade is being marketed around a firebreathing dragon… That did not breathe fire today.

It's frustrating to go see something that is four days old and not see it work correctly. And it's one frustration on top of another… Just trying to get the Magic Kingdom is a pain in the with the monorail not running properly.
Considering Steve wants more fire, I'm not worried about it. TDS doesn't do pyro in Mycitha and F! if it's too windy.

SpectroMan93

I was there today. It was not raining during parade.

As for "getting a grip?" That's just how your employer's track history is.
Um, I'm not employed by Disney. Just because I'm keeping a level head about this doesn't mean I'm brainwashed by the mouse. I get that the flames not working is disappointing, but while you're trying to blame it on TDO, others are trying to give you a reasonable answer. I hope you're aware that fire effects are rather dangerous and probably aren't used in precarious situations. Oh and btw, Steve Davison is the creator of this parade, so he matters, and you're being unnecessarily aggressive and rude.

PhotoDave219

Steve Davidson, the one who made FOF. Didn't he say on monday that tweaks were coming to have more fire? If the tweaks were a rumor, I'm sorry. I thought someone official said it.

No I've been avoiding everything about this parade until I saw it in person so nothing would be willing to for me. I prefer not to have things ruined it for me on the Internet… I feel like to be surprised by things.

However I was unable to escape to be highly marketed firebreathing dragon. Which naturally became the one thing I wanted to see the most.

And it didn't work.

He designed a fantastic parade, it's very well done with beautiful costumes and a fantastic music score… The cast did a phenomenal job. It's the best thing I've seen come to Disney Orlando in the past 10 years.

So what's the one thing I walk away with? All the cynicism in the world and the impression that Disney just can't get anything to work no the matter how many record profits they Make.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom