Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Animaniac93-98

I'm not validating the rumour, but since Professor Owl and some his students from the shorts Melody and Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom show up on the lead Soundsational float I wouldn't be surprised if Steve wanted to use other obscure characters in this parade. Even if they are just detail features on the floats.

Tip Top Club

They actually show up in Happiness is here as well, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up this one. That said, on the whole the posted information may have some basis in real rumors and information, but is false.

GiveMeTheMusic

Jody Dailey, who designed the floats for Soundational and Happiness Is Here, is the logical reason as to why those characters appeared in both shows. Just looking at the released concept art for FOF shows that Jody is not designing these floats - they're not his style at all.

The rumor above is completely false. It's a rehash of similar crap that has been pushed around for awhile with no basis in anything - the horrific English also gives one a clue.

FutureWorld1982

...the horrific English also gives one a clue.

You should have seen the original message that was sent to us; it was even worse! And, yeah... I wouldn't put too much faith on those rumors. At first, they seemed interesting, but after noticing that the same "Anonymous" person is just e-mailing multiple sources with the same (grammatically-incorrect) message, I lost all hope.

WDWLover#1

Update from Steve, from his facebook page-
really love the Peter Pan unit for the new Festival of Fantasy parade. As the ship rocks above it swings the anchor below with Hook & Smee on it. It's really going to be spectacular!

Even wilder was the engineering it took to span the rainbow from the front of the float to the back. It was a lot of work. I really wanted to keep the space between the front and the back open to make it dramatic. Everything is in construction now. Can't wait to see it on the street.

There is one unit we haven't released an image of yet that will knock your sock off! Trust me it's beyond spectacular!

djlaosc

Update from Steve, from his facebook page-
really love the Peter Pan unit for the new Festival of Fantasy parade. As the ship rocks above it swings the anchor below with Hook & Smee on it. It's really going to be spectacular!

How long are real people playing Hook and Smee on a swinging anchor going to last in a parade at WDW? If we can't have a Yeti arm or fake falling rocks above guests' heads, will there really be a moving float with a rocking pirate ship with multiple people standing on it above two cast members swinging on an anchor?

djlaosc

Is it confirmed that those will be live characters? One would assume so, but stranger things have happened.

I don't think it's ever been confirmed that they would be live characters (I was originally going to ask that), but most (all? I don't know, not watched a parade for a few years now) characters seem to be real life people, not statues (although I guess they could be AAs, but how long would they work?)

mm52200

This new parade really does sound amazing...I just don't trust operations to keep it working, or to not hack it to death a la Block Party Bash's conversion to the Countdown to Fun parade.

jrh1985

This new parade really does sound amazing...I just don't trust operations to keep it working, or to not hack it to death a la Block Party Bash's conversion to the Countdown to Fun parade.
Hey, CADCT hasn't failed. The more I think about it none of MK's Day Parades has really failed.

Since FOF is being built right now(can't believe it, it's happening!! It's coming!!!!!) Has anyone seen anything backstage? Where is it being built? Are ahead or behind schedule?

As much as I love CADCT, it sounds like their going all out for FOF!

aladdin2007

True, its sounding really great and should be spectacular for its debut, but how long before operations/managers department have their way with it.

mm52200

Hey, CADCT hasn't failed. The more I think about it none of MK's Day Parades has really failed.

Since FOF is being built right now(can't believe it, it's happening!! It's coming!!!!!) Has anyone seen anything backstage? Where is it being built? Are ahead or behind schedule?

As much as I love CADCT, it sounds like their going all out for FOF!
Well there wasn't much to ruin with CADCT and actually they did hack it. They cut the villain float, trimmed down the princess float cutting out the Belle and Ariel parts of it, removed the show stops, those are all off the top of my head.

cjk0318

Has anyone seen anything backstage? Where is it being built? Are ahead or behind schedule?

All of the work (Music, design, and production) is being done in California to assure the parade is at its best working condition detail, and performance wise.

jrh1985

All of the work (Music, design, and production) is being done in California to assure the parade is at its best working condition detail, and performance wise.
DLR???? So, their just going to send it to WDW when it's done? Like they did with DCA's DEP? Wonder if there will be video when it leaves the wharehouse like with DEP? I also wonder if DL CMs will get jelious if they see FOF backstage and it looks better than Soundsational.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
DLR???? So, their just going to send it to WDW when it's done? Like they did with DCA's DEP? Wonder if there will be video when it leaves the wharehouse like with DEP? I also wonder if DL CMs will get jelious if they see FOF backstage and it looks better than Soundsational.
Glendale...not Anaheim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom