Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

Matt_Black

The more I look at this, the more I roll my eyes at someone calling this "steampunk".
It looks more like something a renaissance blacksmith (or witch) would build, rather than a Victorian machinist.

"Steampunk" has grown to include a lot of things over the past three decades. Like it or not, anything that's mechanical, anachronistic, and fantasy-related is going to get the steampunk label, most likely.

GrantR

So where do you all plan to sit when experiencing FOF for the very first time? :D For me its 100% the parade gate in Town Square! or by Splash depending where FOF steps off for the very first time!
I was thinking this!

Other than the gate, where else is great to watch the parade? :D

jrh1985

That is If you can refrain from watching any rehearsal and cm preview videos or other audio leaks before the AP preview or soft opening! lol
If anyone finds anything, Please post it!!!!! Same goes for any dates that leak. He we are, 3 weeks until the rumored March 12th soft open and still no times on any of the calendars. I get that they may not post Soft open dates but at least post times for April!

Sorry! Long winter in WI and I'm not used to MK without a day parade.

Figments Friend

I watched the first performance of CADCT and when it first debuted I have to say it was a pretty decent parade. Then you fast forward 6 months from its debut and at least 30 percent of the parade was cut, so I have a feeling we'll be seeing the same thing happen with FOF.

Same here.
I was there on the first day it rolled through the Park and it was decent.
You could tell the dancers had worked really hard on their various routines before the debut and it showed.

Seeing it get cut down was unfortunate, but there were some sections where the dancing was perceived as being too repetitive and there was a need to trim a little.
The trimming eventually became more then 'a little'.

I would like to imagine that the new FoF Parade will be spared such trims, but we will just have to wait and see.
I can understand cutting performance/performers, but cutting units/floats is another matter.

GrantR

We must remember that cadct was just a reincarnation of a -to be frank- well outdated parade. FoF is the polar opposite. I don't think there will be similar cuts so early to a brand new show the company is treating so preciously. Calm down guys. :p

rangerbob

I know it isn't the management that didn't do it. It is just sad that there are problems with the floats already, at least that bad that they have to push it back even further than was was thought to be a release date. I know how things can and do go wrong with new things but WDW management must have a major black rabbits foot with their record with anything new or repair jobs.

TTA94

Is it confirmed that Elsa and Anna will indeed be next to Tiana? Or still a mystery? They would fit so much better with Rapunzel than the princess garden float! I get it was a last minute thing but couldn't they have put them on horses or something following the garden float?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom