Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

jrh1985

Is anyone else hearing March 9 (which is Dapper Day, incidentally) as a date for the first performance?
The earliest date on here has been March 12. March 9 would be very intresting! That's a month from today! I w1sh WDW would put FOF on their calendars already!

wdw_cp09

from what I've been told they are running a little behind on a few things (nothing major, just not on schedule)... so they are wanting to be able to set a date that they don't have to change

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Im not so sure about that. This is MKs first major, modern, big parade! We all know how the APs and die hards can cause utter chaos in the parks on special occasions.. That's not including the DL APs and die hards who Im sure are going to want to see FOF! as well as the usual spring break crowds.. Hopefully I am wrong but we will see.
No, each new parade was just that.

It's been so long since it happened maybe you forgot.

As an aside, I noticed the Dragon's on wheels. I guess that's where some of the cuts went.

Jose

More info! From: http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2...n-on-the-festival-of-fantasy-parade-costumes/

"Last week, we showed you two of the new costumes that were being previewed for the upcoming Festival of Fantasy Parade. Well, now, we have a little more information regarding each costume and the parade, thanks to our on the scene reporter, Dianna! Dianna was at the Magic Kingdom yesterday, and spoke to two Cast Members about the preview, and here’s what she found out:
paradeshells-243x300.jpg

Members had speculated that this costume had something to do with candy or treats, but that’s not the case. This costume is actually a seashell lady, and she will go along with the Ariel Float! The source also said that these beautiful costumes are so elaborate, that most CM’s are afraid to touch them! Wow!

paradebird-265x300.jpg

Alright, now to the bird costume that people were wondering about. The blue bird, is actually black! His wings open to a 10ft span and he is more mechanical than it appears in the picture. The black bird will be paired with the Maleficent float! I know a few of you guessed that, and you were right!

Another little piece of info she got from the Cast Members is that all the floats have hidden mickeys on them. The Maleficent float has 5 but one can never been see since you have to be on the float to see it. Pretty cool, right? Thanks to our TMSM Reporter Dianna for chatting it up with some CM’s yesterday to get us the inside scoop! More info to follow as we hear, I was told that more sketches would be released this week.

The Festival of Fantasy Parade is set to debut in March!"

SpectroMan93

So from that, I gathered that there are multiple seashell costumes, but only one raven costume (which I assume is to represent Diablo). Can't wait to see what Monday has in store with the rest of the costumes.

TTA94

Just because MK doesn't have the package today doesn't mean it won't very very soon. ;-)

Have to bump this what PKD posted about the route lighting package. Don't think he/she has been online in awhile but can anyone else confirm Yes its happening or No its not? Someone recently told me who is friends with a technician that lighting Has already been installed along the route? Yet if it was true I would assume someone would have been All Over it and posted pics??

SpectroMan93

This section used to be Ariel and Eric. Where Elsa is standing, Ariel would sit on the edge of the cliff (mermaid form) and Eric stood next to her. I must say that they cleverly refitted that section and I love that Tangled and Frozen, the heralds of this Revival Era, have a float together.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
No, each new parade was just that.

It's been so long since it happened maybe you forgot.

As an aside, I noticed the Dragon's on wheels. I guess that's where some of the cuts went.

Do you think they'll return to an era of updating night time shows with some regularity? I wonder how many people don't know that Wishes and RoE aren't permanent shows that have been around since the opening of the parks.

SpectroMan93

Do you think they'll return to an era of updating night time shows with some regularity? I wonder how many people don't know that Wishes and RoE aren't permanent shows that have been around since the opening of the parks.
Apparently Steve Davison is also working on a new nighttime show to replace Wishes, however, there's no real timing for the project. Considering how Wishes is still a very popular show, probably won't be for awhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom