Ferry or Monorail??

Big-Bad-Dave

Original Poster
I am just curious what most folks prefer when first ariving at The Magic Kingdon, the monorail or ferry? I always choose the monorail because I feel like I can get there faster!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I like the monorail also.

I always thought that since fairys are so small that I might hurt the fairy's back. :lookaroun

head mouse

I have never been on the ferry boat. Since the Monorail is 50% of the reason I even visit WDW I don't even look toward the Ferry.

BTW since this is Disney, and they have a way of making names "Magical" Shouldn't they be called "Fairy" boats LOL

mikeymouse

We do both. The ferry is slow, but can hold a lot of ppl and the monorail is fast, but can't hold as many people. Its probably about the same amount of time depending on the lines at both.

Missin_Disney

We do both, Ferry boat to the MK, Monorail back.

Not sure why, the only reason i can think of is that we did it that way the first year we went and the ferry boat ride just seemed to highten the excitement at seeing the castle in the distance, getting closer and closer.

sring

I am just curious what most folks prefer when first ariving at The Magic Kingdon, the monorail or ferry? I always choose the monorail because I feel like I can get there faster!!

Monorail...except if I leave right after fireworks, then teh capacity of the ferry comes in handy.

Texzilla

Not like it's the first time I'm the odd man out.....but if I can't that the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom on the first night of the vacation....let's just say you don't want to be there. ALWAYS take the ferry. It's relaxing,it sets the mood, just love it. Leaving it's really which has the shortest line between the ferry or the monorail but heading in, it's oneth by sea.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If there is a long line for the monorail take the ferry especially if the ferry is on its way back to the TTC. Monorail is faster but carries less people. The ferry is also a lot easier if you have a stroller.

Alztybrn

The first trip to MK must start with a trip on the Ferry Boat. Don't know why, it has always just been that way. Tradition. This past summer with our 2 little ones, seeing the looks on their eyes the entire ride over made it that much better. You will not get the same reaction/anticipation from them from the monorail.

Craig & Lisa

During the morning, or for the most part the daytime hours the monorail, the best time for the ferry is at night when you go across the lake and see the castle, it really is a sight to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom