Ferry or Monorail??

DolFan

Monorail, the last time I was on the ferry was when they were refurbishing the monorail and the only way to MK was the ferry. At park closing sometimes the ferry might be better.

bordesley

I like the Ferry best , it is exciting seeing the Kingdom get closer and the view of the Polynisian sp? is rather nice too.

At night they have the lights on the lake, with the sea serpant etc and if dark enough they are very effective.

hokielutz

I'm going to have to side with taking the monorail in and if I am leaving the MK at closing... then we take the Ferry back to the TTC.

Yes it is more magical to ride the ferry to the MK and see the castle get bigger and bigger as you approach... but I really want to get in all the high demand rides that I can get in before the crowds take over. I know its supposed to be about the magic... but efficiency counts when you only have a couple days to tour.

hokielutz

I agree I like to take the ferry there and the monorail back
too crowded getting on th emonorail in the morning to head over

Spike... you just have go get to the gates 20 to 30 minutes before opening so you won't be stuck in the back of the monorail line. It really does make a difference

TheDisneyMagic

We allways alternate, one time we will use the monorail to get there and the ferry back and then the next time we will get the ferry there and use the monorail to return to the TTC.

I enjoy the monorail more than the ferry boat because it is so futuristic and is pure Disney Magic but it is still a nice ride on the ferry when you can look across the lake and see the Magic Kingdom lit up at night.

CelticRose

the ferry boat ride just seemed to highten the excitement at seeing the castle in the distance, getting closer and closer.

Ditto, standing on the front of the Ferry Boat on your first day to MK, you feel like the Prince/Princess coming home into your Magic Kingdom:king: after you have been on a long trek to the nether regions, the butterflies and the excitement that builds as the ferry gets closer. :sohappy:

We always take the Ferry Boat to MK.

Just think there are people on the ferry boat now seeing MK perhaps for their first time in their life.

I wish I was there :cry:

231 days and counting......

PhilharMagician

For first timers there is nothing like being in the front of the ferry as you cruise across ther lagoon and see the Magic Kingdom get closer. The monorail is an awesome experience, but I make a much grander and more magical entrance at Epcot than it does at MK.

Now you know I take the bus. How magical is that.:p

alanindy

For mostly the same reasons: Monorail going to the MK in the morning, because it heightens the fun and adds anticipation of seeing all the 'mountains', castle, etc and the narration is part of the fun; Ferry leaving at the end of the night because it lengthens the sense of the magic - the view of the MK with all the twinkling lights, the hotels and the serenity of the water are a very nice way to end the day.

mrtoad

Monorail is our favorite but if when leaving the park and if headed to the TTC and the ferry is pulling up and no line, we take it as the Monorail lines are usually more like Monorail mobs.

ELopez

We always take the ferry in the the morning (before park opening) and there are always characters there. Some of our best family pictures from Disney are with Pluto or Chip and Dale as we boarded the ferry. We usually have them all to ourselves, too! We are going Saturday and planning to do the same. We take the monorail back because it's simply unthinkable to go to WDW and not ride the monorail.

Chape19714

I normally take the monorail, but take the ferry as well. I normally have parked at Epcot, so the Monorail station is right there, and less of a walk. However, after Wishes, when the mobs are trying to escape, I use the Ferry, as well as a few other times.

For those interested:

The Monorail takes 5 Minutes, while the ferry takes 7. Not too much longer, espically if there is a line for the monorail.

Tramp

I haven't taken the ferry in years. In the morning, they use to have Goofy waterskiing as the ferry made its way to the MK. It was pretty good entertainment watching Goofy do some silly stunts and take a tumble every now and then. It was a nice start to a great day! Do they still do that? :wave:

mrtoad

I haven't taken the ferry in years. In the morning, they use to have Goofy waterskiing as the ferry made its way to the MK. It was pretty good entertainment watching Goofy do some silly stunts and take a tumble every now and then. It was a nice start to a great day! Do they still do that? :wave:

As a kid in the 70s we use to stay at the Poly and I remember swimming in the lagoon and seeing both Goofy and Mr. Smee water skiing out by the resort. Good memories... :)

C&D

First thing in the morning and the Monorail is usually backed up so we head for the Ferry. The Ferry is fun and relaxing, and considering we wouldn't get on the Monorail for two to three cycles, it's quicker too. Only bad thing is, as it's coming up to the dock, you're probably going to see people from the buses and people from the Monorail get to the gates before you. :lol: I just take a "chill pill" and tell myself, there's plenty of Disney for everyone, no need to hurry.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I love the monorail but have been burned by it too in the morning. One time the line was super short for the monorail but when we got up there, they said they were adding a monorail to the track and the next train would be 10minutes. Grrrrr. I watched as the ferry sailed away before I could get back to it.

Yea! 100 posts!

marypoppins68

For mostly the same reasons: Monorail going to the MK in the morning, because it heightens the fun and adds anticipation of seeing all the 'mountains', castle, etc and the narration is part of the fun; Ferry leaving at the end of the night because it lengthens the sense of the magic - the view of the MK with all the twinkling lights, the hotels and the serenity of the water are a very nice way to end the day.

We do the same thing. We always take the Ferry when we leave the MK so we can watch it with all the lights on. The water is so calm too. We always stand on the upper deck and watch the castle disappear. Then we promise to come back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom