Feedback on new style

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just some first impressions for constructive feedback...

white background? pretty flat and empty. It would help to give some differentiation to the forum posts if that centered element had borders or background differences from the empty void behind it

In the quote style.. it would be nice if in the 'JimBo Said' text JimBo were bolded or larger to help stand out. The username is kind of getting lost or takes too much effort to find. It should jump out more.

Do very much like the clean style of the top menu for Home/Info/News/etc.

RSoxNo1

I'm definitely not a fan of the white background. Everything blends together. Perhaps if there was a way to alternate between white and another lighter color for each post. Additionally, I'm not sure if I like the new multi quote approach by having to hit "reply" to each post as it brings you back to your post at the bottom of the screen. This is a step backwards in my opinion.

The positives, it looks like the longtime issue with pageanation getting messed up has been fixed. It also seems that this forum will operate better in terms of unread posts. Previously this was an issue when logging into multiple locations. However, I would like to see a "Mark forum as read" option.

Laura

Premium Member
I am a huge fan of this in that the pages actually load now. It moves quick. It won't take me long to get used to the new style.

Alternating colors with posts would definitely be great, and I miss my smilies, but absolutely awesome upgrade.

I just integrated with Facebook just because I'm curious what that means.

Laura

Premium Member
Another giant improvement is that there is a quick reply box ready and waiting after each post, complete with editing tools. I hated having to click "advanced" or whatever it was to access that stuff before.

dave&di

Another giant improvement is that there is a quick reply box ready and waiting after each post, complete with editing tools. I hated having to click "advanced" or whatever it was to access that stuff before.
I'm lost, I have no editing tools! I'm not good with computers and take a long time to adjust to things, not getting the hang of the new layout at all!

Laura

Premium Member
I'm lost, I have no editing tools! I'm not good with computers and take a long time to adjust to things, not getting the hang of the new layout at all!

Have you tried changing the style? It sounds like you are stuck on the mobile version somehow.

dave&di

Any ideas on why I have no editing box thing! I'm on an IPad, sorry to be a pain getting a bit frustrated! I hate learning all over again!!!

DisneyDebNJ

The old layout was fine, but I am sure, once I get used to the new layout, I will be, as always, pleased with WDWMAGIC!! To our admins and mods, thanks for all your hard work :)

muteki

I can get used to it, but on a widescreen desktop it seems like more space is wasted. Might just be my imagination.

Not a fan of the new layout. The entire white look blends the posts together and is very bland. I really miss the borders around the posts. I don't like how people without avatars will now have big question marks as their avatars. I also don't like the "like" button for each post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom