Feedback on new style

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is exactly why I use Chrome. I switched back and forth for a short time but once Chrome hit around version 2.0-3.0 it was a no brainer. It is clean, stable and I like having the exact same bookmarks and settings no matter which computer I am on.
I have been a Firefox devotee for some time now, but there are starting to be issues that I can't resolve.

When Chrome first came out I was under the impression that it was nothing more than a gimmick for Google to gather more information about users.

Can you convince me that I should give it another try?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have been a Firefox devotee for some time now, but there are starting to be issues that I can't resolve.

When Chrome first came out I was under the impression that it was nothing more than a gimmick for Google to gather more information about users.

For many years FireFox was the cleanest of the browsers, fast with very few problems. It seems to have fallen prey to the same bloating that made IE unusable. Chrome is the fast, clean kid on the block for now.

Sweet Melissa

:mad:

[Actually, I'm good with it... speeds up page loads.]

I'm good with it too. To be honest, I tend to AdBlock all the moving garbage that people put in their posts and signatures anyway. If you have a glitter graphic in your signature, I've either AdBlocked it or haven't seen it yet.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
For many years FireFox was the cleanest of the browsers, fast with very few problems. It seems to have fallen prey to the same bloating that made IE unusable. Chrome is the fast, clean kid on the block for now.

Funny how things turnout isn't it. Chrome is the new Firefox, for now at least.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It's the new browser reality I think. A new browser comes out for free, everybody flocks to it, it starts to have bugs found and patches issued and suddenly takes three times as long to load and twice as long to render pages. And a few months or years down the road a newer, cleaner browser comes out. Netscape/Mozilla/FireFox had quite a few iterations that were successful for a good period of time.

When Chrome starts having too many patch scripts to run on every launch, someone will come up with another [maybe yet another variation on the Mozilla framework?].

wdwjmp239

This is the first time I've logged into this site I think since my daughter was born two years ago! Though, I might've logged in a few times between then and now. Who knows? I know I find myself fleeting from one corner of the Internet to the next. I have to say, the new look is different! I don't dislike it (double negative), but it will take some getting used to. I'm open for changes. :)

Good change, Steve! Nice work! :D

Tom

Beta Return

Yup, give it another try. I was a diehard Firefoxer until it became a bloated mess. Now, it's 99% Chrome and 1% IE (when sites force me to use it). :mad:

Agreed.

Yup, until someone beats it....but to beat Google? Hmmm.

It's the new browser reality I think. A new browser comes out for free, everybody flocks to it, it starts to have bugs found and patches issued and suddenly takes three times as long to load and twice as long to render pages. And a few months or years down the road a newer, cleaner browser comes out. Netscape/Mozilla/FireFox had quite a few iterations that were successful for a good period of time.

When Chrome starts having too many patch scripts to run on every launch, someone will come up with another [maybe yet another variation on the Mozilla framework?].

I just enjoy how clean it actually is. And since I do a lot of web development, I really appreciate it's built-in Element Inspector (as opposed to Firefox's plug-in, which needed to update itself every time I opened the browser). Now I just use Firefox and IE primarily to test all my web pages for compliance and usability.

I hope Chrome stays user friendly for a while.

wdwjmp239

Firefox, in its latest iteration, has been acting pretty stupid with its unstable moments. I have Firefox on both my Windows XP Professional (SP3) desktop and Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1) laptop. I originally thought Firefox was unstable on my XP desktop (it's about 4 years old now and heavily used) so I tried it on my Win7 laptop and while the errors/crashes aren't as numerous on the Win7 laptop as they are on the WinXP desktop, it's still annoying.

As for Chrome? I can get used to Chrome. Though, I've always favored Internet Explorer. Oh well...maybe it's time to say "bye bye" to IE.

Tom

Beta Return
Firefox, in its latest iteration, has been acting pretty stupid with its unstable moments. I have Firefox on both my Windows XP Professional (SP3) desktop and Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1) laptop. I originally thought Firefox was unstable on my XP desktop (it's about 4 years old now and heavily used) so I tried it on my Win7 laptop and while the errors/crashes aren't as numerous on the Win7 laptop as they are on the WinXP desktop, it's still annoying.

As for Chrome? I can get used to Chrome. Though, I've always favored Internet Explorer. Oh well...maybe it's time to say "bye bye" to IE.

I just hate that IE doesn't follow true web coding "rules" when rendering pages. You can write a perfect Strict XHTML page, and IE will find a way to f*** it up. Plus they're trying to be like FF and Chrome with the tabs and hidden menus, but they just made a mess of it. It looks so cluttered to me. Chrome is so nice and tidy....really appeals to the OCD in me :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

This is a 2 year old article but everything in it still remains true. From what I have been told the needle has pointed even farther toward Chrome since it was written.

http://lifehacker.com/5499959/which-browser-should-i-use-firefox-or-chrome

My own personal experience is pretty simple, typical and a bit less informative than the article. It has been quite simply that Chrome always works and I do not have to give up functionality to make it do so. Crashes are very rare and it is not uncommon for me to have 20 tabs open on a 7 year old PC. I use Google docs, calender, mail, etc and everything integrates with Chrome seamlessly. If you set up a Google account all of your browser settings follow you. If I make a change to by settings, favorites etc at work, those changes follow me home. The browser is fast, simple and uncluttered. Like any new piece of software it takes a little time to learn where all the buttons are but once you do it works as easy or easier than every other browser out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom