FEBRUARY Never Again!!!!!!!!!

Stacey Yeggy

Presidents Day weekend always has higher crowds. The Princess Half Marathon and expo was the 23-26th. People come in early for it or stay later after the weekend. This will always be a higher crowd weekend. You can check out Rundisney.com to prevent future run ins. End of January and Beginning of February has been the sweet spots for low crowd levels but you have to watch for special events that could draw higher crowds. I think the arts festival brought in higher weekend crowds checking it out.

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DISNEY THIS WEEK? My husband, myself and our three DD's are here at what was SUPPOSED TO BE the happiest place on earth. We arrived Tuesday 2/21 and stay thru this Wednesday 3/01. THE CROWDS ARE INSANE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Kids everywhere lines have been TERRIBLE!!! It feels like something out of a bad dream that you think will be over the next day........but NOOOOOOO!. Since when did schools start having Spring Break in FEBRUARY??? This is FEBRUARY!!!!! We took this vacation at the spur of the moment knowing we would be arriving during a SLOW time of year, if this is even a thing any more??? Do people not let their precious little angels go to school any more? Oh of course not, they have to crowd up the parks in the middle of WINTER! I am sorry to sound this upset but we were not expecting the crowds we have encountered so far during the dead of winter season. I understand why February 20 would be busy as it is a holiday. I can understand why the weekend days before would be busy, as those attach on to a 3 day weekend for many schools. So guess what? We avoided those days because of that. But the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AFTER????? THIS IS NOT SPRING BREAK YET. We planned on purpose to arrive AFTER the holiday weekend so we could actually, you know, ENJOY THE PARKS WITHOUT IT FEELING LIKE SUMMER OR NEW YEAR. Well you can guess how this has paid us back so far. I will tell you never again. Never EVER again. I am beyond PO'd. Even our DD's are over it. No we are not wanting to cut the trip short or anything but would be nice if people would get their brats back in SCHOOL WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING BREAK YET SO MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO AVOID RUSH TIMES CAN ENJOY THE PARKS WE PAY OVER 100.00 A DAY FOR WITHOUT BEING BUMPED PUSHED AND HAVING TO WAIT BEHIND EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE USA. Is that too much to ask? To take a vacation in FEBRUARY and actually it feel like February? We also knew that by going now we would avoid the opening of Avatar and have most of DHS under construction. Guess what? PACKED! Parks are packed. What are people flooding into DHS to look at? Construction walls???? It was a mess and a zoo there yet people packed in like sardines like their life depended on it this week. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LET THOSE OF US WHO FOR YEARS TREASURED A LITTLE OFF SEASON HAVE IT BACK AGAIN! You can clog up the parks during the summer or spring break or winter holidays. I work as a middle school counselor so I KNOW those are times to avoid when everyone is free to travel. So what do we do? We stay HOME during those times, and plan accordingly when we KNOW or thought we knew the parks would be slow. I am sitting here in our POP room at 3 in the morning just shaking thinking about how everything we thought this week would be has backfired on us. Shorter lines in middle of February? WRONG! Not having to feel like you're walking through Manhattan just to find a seat at quick service? WRONG! Will be visiting the parks again in the month of February? WRONG!!! Thank you for a lovely week but no thanks. This woman is ready for some peace and quiet after this is all said and done. A tip to all you wanting to go this time of year........... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!

JohnD

Here is video for those who missed it last night. Starting at the beginning when he opens the envelope and you can see in his expression he knows something is wrong. Tell me how anyone can see this and translate it into Warren announces wrong best picture winner? When did he ever say "La La Land" ? Even the title to this very video says Warren announces the wrong winner. Am I the only one seeing her, not him, say the wrong name? What am I missing America?

No, he didn't say the wrong name. These actors get glorified but without a script, he was clueless. All he had to do was say, "This card is wrong. It has Emma Stone's name printed on it. I need the correct envelope." Instead he froze and gave it to Dunaway who blurted "La La Land" because she saw that on the card. Beatty froze again when given the correct envelope. He just stared down at it. It took Horowitz, the producer of La La Land to take action. He grabbed the card out of the envelope, held it to the camera, and said it was Moonlight. In addition, he motioned for their team to come up and gave them the Oscar. Beatty was just a deer in the headlights without a script.

MissingDisney

My 'brats' had 10 days off school including weekends for midwinter break. VACATION! Still anxiously awaiting spring break where we northerners will again descend upon the sunshine state in droves. For an alleged educated school counselor, this lady sucks. No research, no planning, no patience, no understanding of economics as she apparently thinks her dollars are worth more than someone else's, hates kids and doesn't even know the school calendar. Great combo. I truly hope this is a joke for kids sakes.

Captain Barbossa

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DISNEY THIS WEEK? My husband, myself and our three DD's are here at what was SUPPOSED TO BE the happiest place on earth. We arrived Tuesday 2/21 and stay thru this Wednesday 3/01. THE CROWDS ARE INSANE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Kids everywhere lines have been TERRIBLE!!! It feels like something out of a bad dream that you think will be over the next day........but NOOOOOOO!. Since when did schools start having Spring Break in FEBRUARY??? This is FEBRUARY!!!!! We took this vacation at the spur of the moment knowing we would be arriving during a SLOW time of year, if this is even a thing any more??? Do people not let their precious little angels go to school any more? Oh of course not, they have to crowd up the parks in the middle of WINTER! I am sorry to sound this upset but we were not expecting the crowds we have encountered so far during the dead of winter season. I understand why February 20 would be busy as it is a holiday. I can understand why the weekend days before would be busy, as those attach on to a 3 day weekend for many schools. So guess what? We avoided those days because of that. But the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AFTER????? THIS IS NOT SPRING BREAK YET. We planned on purpose to arrive AFTER the holiday weekend so we could actually, you know, ENJOY THE PARKS WITHOUT IT FEELING LIKE SUMMER OR NEW YEAR. Well you can guess how this has paid us back so far. I will tell you never again. Never EVER again. I am beyond PO'd. Even our DD's are over it. No we are not wanting to cut the trip short or anything but would be nice if people would get their brats back in SCHOOL WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING BREAK YET SO MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO AVOID RUSH TIMES CAN ENJOY THE PARKS WE PAY OVER 100.00 A DAY FOR WITHOUT BEING BUMPED PUSHED AND HAVING TO WAIT BEHIND EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE USA. Is that too much to ask? To take a vacation in FEBRUARY and actually it feel like February? We also knew that by going now we would avoid the opening of Avatar and have most of DHS under construction. Guess what? PACKED! Parks are packed. What are people flooding into DHS to look at? Construction walls???? It was a mess and a zoo there yet people packed in like sardines like their life depended on it this week. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LET THOSE OF US WHO FOR YEARS TREASURED A LITTLE OFF SEASON HAVE IT BACK AGAIN! You can clog up the parks during the summer or spring break or winter holidays. I work as a middle school counselor so I KNOW those are times to avoid when everyone is free to travel. So what do we do? We stay HOME during those times, and plan accordingly when we KNOW or thought we knew the parks would be slow. I am sitting here in our POP room at 3 in the morning just shaking thinking about how everything we thought this week would be has backfired on us. Shorter lines in middle of February? WRONG! Not having to feel like you're walking through Manhattan just to find a seat at quick service? WRONG! Will be visiting the parks again in the month of February? WRONG!!! Thank you for a lovely week but no thanks. This woman is ready for some peace and quiet after this is all said and done. A tip to all you wanting to go this time of year........... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!
Take a chill pill Jill.

disney4life2008

I feel sorry for the person who hires her for a job. And the mom wasn't much better.

Lol this sounds like the college students i deal with everyday. Entitlement is crazy but people at Disney seem to sometimes think the world revolves around them. Though, I have found people on cruises to be worse

I am Timmy

I feel like this is someone's experiment.... If not, then lady - once you pull the trigger there's no gettin' that bullet back. That is some serious moonlight rage. There is a difference between real life patience and "Disney" patience. I taught that to my kids after our first trip to WDW, and every trip we took back, we all got changed into our Disney patience mode (which means everything takes four times longer than real life, with 50 times as many people, but it's super fun and awfully entertaining). Slow ride.........Take it easy........

Seanual757

Yep rather busy week in Central Florida all around, next up Spring Break for the next 4-6 weeks

-Disney Marathon
-DVC Moonlight event
-Spring Training underway
-Daytona 500 speed week
-School Events/Team sports
-3 Large conventions going on as well at the OCCC

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Go in September. I always look at the My Disney Experience app even when I'm not there and I've been looking this week at how insanely crowded it is. We actually decided to send our kids to private school a lot because we feel like it helps us get better value out of our DVC membership because we can go at lower crowd level times and their absence policy isn't as stringent. I can't imagine being there at those crazy times like that. I've heard the horror stories about it and if you were sort of a Disney "noob" I could totally understand how that would be completely miserable. Going at lower crowd times definitely can spoil you for sure.

MickeyMomV

I originally had a trip planned for 3/31-4/2 but plans changed so unable to go that weekend. The next available weekend for me is 4/21-24. Yes, I'm aware the SW Half Marathon is that weekend. I'll enjoy myself anyway and work with the crowds.

(May is out. I'm hoping to go on an international trip that month--not the whole month but can't really do a one week trip with the expectation to take more time off from work the same month.)
We were there for the race last year and we didn't find it any busier than normal. You will see A LOT of people proudly wearing their race medals. More so than any other race we have seen (we have ran 3 and been down for a 4th but didn't run). I think the Star Wars races bring out families where most of the other races bring runners.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I just want to say that I appreciate this board so very much because it is helping me prepare and plan for our trip and level set my expectations so we don't end up with this sort of disappointment.

That said, you find magic at Disney. They don't make it for you.

Got back Sat 2-25 after a great week at WDW. Arrived on 2-19 w/ 2 school age children. Expected crowds in the 90-100 % capacity range. Didn't see that. saw plenty of people, but not enuff to throw a monkey wrench at our plans. I was at DHS on 2-21. Did Tower 2x, my DD n DS got to go on RRC. took multiple Star Tours. my DS found the key under the mat at Muppet 3d. :) missed Fantasmic, but that was cuz we meandered a little too long on the other side of the park. Woulda got in if we were 1 minute quicker. oh well. watched the Star wars show at the end of the night. Everyone near us was pleasant and good natured. Too tired each nite to even think about adding anything to this or any other forum. till now.

Raineman

It was exactly a year ago today that me and my family arrived for a week at WDW, and we didn't find the crowds to be bad at all. If we did run into massive crowds, I'm positive that we wouldn't have reacted the way the OP did. My first two trips to WDW were in mid-March, and the northern Spring Break crowds were out in full force-still enjoyed my time. This year, we are visiting at the end of October for a week-can anyone guess as to how any possible super-busy park days will affect us? :)

contrariwise

I just want to say that I appreciate this board so very much because it is helping me prepare and plan for our trip and level set my expectations so we don't end up with this sort of disappointment.

That said, you find magic at Disney. They don't make it for you.

I'm paying to find my own magic?

OP's rant is absurd, mostly because the of the off the charts self-centeredness. But I don't think just because the crazies exist, it absolves Disney of all responsibility to provide a quality product in return for the ticket price.

If everyone assumes responsibility for making their own magic, Disney can just coast. Oh . . . wait . . .

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm paying to find my own magic?

OP's rant is absurd, mostly because the of the off the charts self-centeredness. But I don't think just because the crazies exist, it absolves Disney of all responsibility to provide a quality product in return for the ticket price.

If everyone assumes responsibility for making their own magic, Disney can just coast. Oh . . . wait . . .

Silly, you just need to lower your expectations!

Now lower them again.

and again

and again

and again

ad infinitum

There, that should be enough! Have a magical day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom