February 2016 Disney World ticket price increases and new tiered 1 day tickets

Sonconato

All I can say, I'm sure glad I bought my 3 day pass to EPCOT Center when I did!!!:D I just wish I had bought a bunch more!:(
Epcot Ticket.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Luckily I got the "free counter service" deal last week for my trip in July... I guess this'll be my last trip to Disney for YEARS... With my college starting school and continued price increase not helping.

BernardandBianca

...It is common knowledge that it is the single day guest are the people that spend the least amount of money in the parks. AP's are the largest part of that,

Your statement is inconsistent: APs are not "single day guest", unless you mean for 365 single days a year.

but, at least they get money ahead of time that they can use to invest and even though I have never had one, much less bought one, on a payment schedule, there has to be interest (finance charges) added into that time payment system giving them income that no one even thinks about.

Actually, for the Florida Resident AP, there is no interest charged, which is why we were happy to do it on the payment system.

Sonconato

I'm curious about those older passes (we have some), when turned in, do they give you a full 3 day park hopper, or individual park passes (such as 3 to MK, 3 to EPCOT)?
Good question. We were just talking about that but we also don't plan on using it so our discussions are short. It's more of a curiosity.

DisUniversal

I hope Universal is smart enough to not follow suit with the tiered pricing model and instead use it to their advantage by advertising that they have "one price" regardless of when you decide to visit. Maybe they could make it work for them similar to the way Southwest makes the "Bag Fly Free" line work for them.

Goofyernmost

Your statement is inconsistent: APs are not "single day guest", unless you mean for 365 single days a year.
That's not what I meant. What I meant was that it is the local AP'ers that are the next in line to be counted as folks that are more likely to just come for one day, like on a weekend, and then not come back for a couple of weeks. The amount of time that is actually spent and the motivation for going is completely different the the multi-day ticket buyer. They are also the least likely (after the single day guest) to stay in a Resort Hotel. So, if, as you say, there is no interest charged (finance fee's) then they at least have that money for an extended amount of time and can be used to show revenue for a period of time where they can use it to make additional money. It's pay ahead plan actually.

Other then AP rates they are also not really affected by the new plan it is just those that come in and buy their tickets at the gate, stay one day and go home or elsewhere.

Uncle Lupe

Price increases will continue until attendance drops. With the coming offerings and the marketing machine making Disney a right of passage it will take a major world events for it to happen.

Remember the $100 a day threshold? Slow and deliberate increases will make future increases easier for the market to absorb. If it was done all at once there would be backlash.

Last edited:

JUFL2019

I hope Universal is smart enough to not follow suit with the tiered pricing model and instead use it to their advantage by advertising that they have "one price" regardless of when you decide to visit. Maybe they could make it work for them similar to the way Southwest makes the "Bag Fly Free" line work for them.

Universal Hollywood already introduced tiered ticket pricing. Universal Orlando won't be far behind.

Horizons1

Man, I wish I was the MBA that came up with this greedy tiered pricing strategy. I would think they'd be getting a nice bonus.

Mike S

An ad similar to this would be absolute gold.

For those who don't know, the new Xbox was going to have all these convoluted hoops to jump through to be able to share games and play used games.

DisUniversal

Universal Hollywood already introduced tiered ticket pricing. Universal Orlando won't be far behind.
I think it's a mistake. They already have a fairly decent 'model' for tier pricing by varying what they charge for Universal Express. Since how long one waits in line is the biggest impact to the experience when visiting during crowded times, that seems to be a better equalizer and more acceptable to the public. When it comes to ticket prices, one of them needs to do something to set themselves apart from the other rather than always just matching whatever the other does.

Nmoody1

Cam I just say, after watching Fantasmic last night with a broken lift, less pyro, a broken dragon and broken snake I was beginning to question price increases... but now 7 dwarfs has been down for over an hour it's clear Disney need more money to actually maintain thier lacklustre offering!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom