Feb. 21st Star Wars land preview on ABC

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Bob Chapek, chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, stated that the land "will introduce you to a Star Wars planet you've never seen before — a gateway planet located on the outer rim, full of places and characters familiar and not so familiar." The land will immerse the guest into the Star Wars Universe.
And... He said it months before we saw TFA.

jt04

i thought they would most likely expand on the endor scene they already have.. i don't think we've seen the last of that planet within the new trilogy (or further)

i doubt though they will focus on just one planet, it will probably be very mixed..

Maz's castle would be so cool

The first thing I thought of as Ray walks down the stairs in the castle was the POTC queue. Looks very similar. :)

TP2000

The actual name of Star Wars Land (we all knew that's not what they'd call it) will be revealed in the second hour of this Sunday's Disneyland 60 TV special on the Wonderful World of Disney. Harrison Ford will announce plans and show concepts of the new land during the special, during one of the segments filmed at the Dolby Theatre instead of Disneyland itself.

This TV special is all about Disneyland, but I'm sure the Star Wars concepts will be shared with DHS and I can't imagine they wouldn't use the same name for the land on both coasts.

Tune in this Sunday evening, ABC TV at 8:00pm to find out what we'll really be calling this new DHS land.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/19/wonderful-world-disney-disneyland-60-abc

G00fyDad

What else would they call it? That galaxy was never given a name. Not even in the EU. At least not that I recall. Naming the same name as the planet where the theme takes place doesn't make sense either. Lucas Land is horrible and so is Skywalker Station, Vader Village, Ewok Woods, Wookie Walkway, Palpatine Playland, Han Hacienda, Bith Bungalow, Lando Land, Hutt Home, Greedo Ground, and Anakin Acres.

Fox&Hound

What else would they call it? That galaxy was never given a name. Not even in the EU. At least not that I recall. Naming the same name as the planet where the theme takes place doesn't make sense either. Lucas Land is horrible and so is Skywalker Station, Vader Village, Ewok Woods, Wookie Walkway, Palpatine Playland, Han Hacienda, Bith Bungalow, Lando Land, Hutt Home, Greedo Ground, and Anakin Acres.

Haha I agree! What else could they call it besides what it is? I don't understand why people hate Star Wars land so much as a title. More than likely the land will be defined by the rides anyway. How many people says "let's head over to New Fantasyland!" versus "let's go ride the new dwarf roller coaster!" Excited to hear we will get new info for this park though! I will definitely be watching! :)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

You missed Bothans Burghal ... :cool:

Bacon

Iger said there will be some future some past and some present so i except to see this planet to be in episode 8 what ever the name of the planet is what the land might be called

Timothy_Q

actually just mentioned the same thing on another board
everybody will just say "hey lets go over to star wars"

I disagree.
When Disney comes up with short and sensible names, they actually stick.
Star Tours being a great example.

As opposed to the ridiculously long names they've been using lately, that not even fans use (or remember)
like The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure (dca) and Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid (mk)

So yeah, coming up with a smart name is very important in my opinion.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I disagree.
When Disney comes up with short and sensible names, they actually stick.
Star Tours being a great example.

As opposed to the ridiculously long names they've been using lately, that not even fans use (or remember)
like The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure (dca) and Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid (mk)

So yeah, coming up with a smart name is very important in my opinion.

Yeah but WILL it be a short pithy name which sticks in the mind of the guest, Or will it be a 'tested' long sentence from McKinsey my vote is for the latter. And no I'm not watching the special.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom