Feb. 21st Star Wars land preview on ABC

BrianLo

It really should just be called Star Wars land. Like others have said, just name it what everyone will call it anyway. For example Everest is actually called Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain, nobody calls it that, not even people in the company. It doesn't say it on the sign or in the logo. Pretty much only the website and mde app says it. So why even name it that?

There is definitely some reason (or multiple) for these long names but I don't really know what it is. If anyone thinks they know please share. I have ideas but no strong theories.

Also they are showing stuff about Shanghai, so it isn't 100% Disneyland.

The distinction is slightly important because there will probably be more in the future. Everyone will call it 'Star Wars' until there is a second area on the way, then the message board fans will adopt its proper name as the general public still just calls them the 'Star Wars Lands'.

Look to Harry Potter, once Diagon Alley came along the more informed theme park fans adopted the proper naming convention of Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The distinction is slightly important because there will probably be more in the future. Everyone will call it 'Star Wars' until there is a second area on the way, then the message board fans will adopt its proper name as the general public still just calls them the 'Star Wars Lands'.

Look to Harry Potter, once Diagon Alley came along the more informed theme park fans adopted the proper naming convention of Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

... and the less informed still say they are going to the "Harry Potter theme park".

No Name

Yeah true, that makes sense. Plus the name The Wizarding World of Harry Potter worked for Universal. It doesn't bother me too much. Oh gee though, I can't imagine where a second Star Wars area would go, if not in Hollywood Studios.

joup7

The Star Wars Empire
(Presented by Darth Iger)

In all seriousness I would prefer a planet name versus something with Star Wars in the title. That way, should they ever choose expansion of another Star Wars area that is separate, they can have a second planet name for that other area.

Disney4family

The Magical Land of Disney World Land of (magical) Star Wars World (magical) Land of (magical) Disney World sponsored by (magical) Disney and Star Wars...(magical) Land/ (magical) World plus plus plus plus plus plus plus

DarthMileZ

Doing it for the dollars?

Do you ever say anything that is not a cliche?

47859356.jpg

jt04

The Magical Land of Disney World Land of (magical) Star Wars World (magical) Land of (magical) Disney World sponsored by (magical) Disney and Star Wars...(magical) Land/ (magical) World plus plus plus plus plus plus plus

I don't think Disney will be in the name. Hope not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom