Feb. 21st Star Wars land preview on ABC

doctornick

So as someone else mentioned is primetime going? What about indiana jones?

There's been a lot of rumors about what is -- or is not -- going to make room for Star Wars Land. @Ignohippo has consistently stated that it would be taking over the Primetime/Hollywood & Vine block of space, @marni1971 has indicated that they would be spared and the land would start around Indiana Jones and go outward into the parking lot. We'll find out for sure when it gets closer and construction actually begins.

TalkingHead

I think this is his new song. I'm guessing this is how they got him to perform.

A perfect final note for a Disneyland anniversary special...a song that has nothing to do with anything.

I don't like Disney-produced shows generally, but this was as bad as any Disney Christmas parade special, maybe worse since the focus was supposed to be on the park.

PhotoDave219

There's been a lot of rumors about what is -- or is not -- going to make room for Star Wars Land. @Ignohippo has consistently stated that it would be taking over the Primetime/Hollywood & Vine block of space, @marni1971 has indicated that they would be spared and the land would start around Indiana Jones and go outward into the parking lot. We'll find out for sure when it gets closer and construction actually begins.

..... All the reason I'm tempering my expectations..... I always believe Martin but I also think Hippo has good info too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Was the orchestra playing Fantasia the same orchestra as for the Star Wars segment? Otherwise that's a lot of work to switch out to complete orchestras and their equipment.

DocHoliday

Hoping the resistance ride has tangible elements. I'm all for screens as a backdrop but would prefer AA's and physical sets as well. The fact that you have an astromech on the ride vehicle with you is pretty darn cool.

ToTBellHop

My understanding remains that if H&V or 50s leave, it will not be to become a new Star Wars restaurant. Cooler heads prevailed so SWL will not start 50 feet from Hollywood Blvd. Could have changed, though.

The Resistance ride will have PLENTY of physical effects. As will the land and its dining.

And to be fair, it's three E-tickets, a walk through, streetmosphere, retail, a TS, and a QS.

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Two observations. I now have a need to see TFA again.

Only disappointed the audience could not wave the light sabers in time. White people :rolleyes:
I noticed that too...it was if they were waving to a completely different song.....hmmmmm

Ignohippo

Personally I don't see it that way. I initially thought he was being sarcastic since what he listed sounded pretty good to me.

Nope. No sarcasm.

Think about it. You could have a speeder bike coaster through the forests of the Endor Moon; entertwined with that, you could have an Ewok Village like the Swiss Family Treehouse, you could (at minimum) have a trench run ride, a coaster swerving in and out of AT-ATs on Hoth, Jedi Training taking place at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.

There's SO much they could do. Instead, as I've said from the beginning, this is just their initial plans with an added second attraction and bigger buildings (and they'll be retrofitting a large amount of this into existing structures). They simply aren't thinking big enough.

The have a grand slam property and they're getting the runner home by bunting.

Will it be incredible? Absolutely. Will it be the land that the world's largest IP deserves? No. Not by a million miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom