Feasable Rumors/Announcements

Fractal514

Original Poster
We heard a lot of guessing and speculation on the scope of what Disney might announce at D23 with regards to WDW. Some folks seem to think that nothing much will be announced, others are proclaiming a new Disney Decade.

My question is, what is feasable? No realistic, because that just leads folks to be pessimistic and say, well, this can't happen or that can't happen. But rather, what is feasable, they COULD do that.

I would say that it's FEASABLE that they could announce any of the following...

A new land for AK. Likely? No, but I think it's coming at some point and the completion of a new land would allow them to take the Yeti down for refurb.

A new pavilion for World Showcase. I think this is long overdue, and I think it's something that could be done quickly with the right country supporting it.

A revamp of EITHER Ellen's Energy Adventure or Imagination. I don't think it's both, I think either would be feasable though.

An expansion of Pixar Place in DHS. This seems likely in the future as well. Whether it's a cars related addition to LMA or a Monster's Inc Ride, I think both could/will happen.

A new attraction for either Frontierland or Adventureland. I think a single new attraction is feasable, but not a FLE style addition.

I may be optomistic, but that's kinda the point of this thread, to think of feasable announcements we might here at D23. Naysayers can post, but let's try to stay away from the whole, Disney doesn't know what they are doing anymore and everything sucks kinda posts, I'm more interested in ideas and theories about building the future, not tearing it down.

Fractal514

Original Poster
And I appreciate that, but this thread is in particular about what is feasable for them to announce at D23, not what is likely to happen at some point in the future. Sorry if there was confusion, but I think this is a different topic than just the general future projects thread.

kcnole

I'm hearing updates to Fantasmic, Illuminations, and a new parade at Magic Kingdom are probable. I think we'll hear a bit more details about the new FantasyLand. Other than that, I think anything else we hear will still be blue sky and nothing I would expect to actually get built.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a new attraction in Pixar Place as well as that has been on again off again, but other than that I don't expect much else. There are rumors that they'll announce a number of things just for the PR hype but that much of them will never actually get built, but I have no evidence either direction on those.

Krack

My guess is that the biggest amount of time is spent on the new (old) Tiki Room, the WoC in Hyperion Wharf (both of which never get built), the DVC addition to the Grand Floridian, and more concept art for FLE.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And I appreciate that, but this thread is in particular about what is feasable for them to announce at D23, not what is likely to happen at some point in the future. Sorry if there was confusion, but I think this is a different topic than just the general future projects thread.

What's feasible for them to announce? Anything is theoretically possible. But isn't it better to wait and see what is actually brought out? We start speculating now, when the actual announcements are made there's going to be nothing but a long p&m line because of expectations built up beforehand....

Fractal514

Original Poster
I can see that this thread is not for you. For me, I like to play what if. I am an adult and able to accept when I don't get everything I want, therefore, speculating what is possible, and then being happy for what is, even if it is less that I'd want, is something I do.

You can go to another thread, or stay here and have your own personal P&M session about those of us who you think will P&M in the future.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And what happens when all of this grand speculation turns out to be for naught?

Will you blame yourselves, or Disney for failing to live up to your expectations yet again?

njDizFan

If there is even one announcement of a new attraction/ride/HW update I will be extremely shocked.

And then again even if they do, there is no certainty that it is actually built.

When was the last time Disney made an announcement that wasn't already known about that actually came to fruition?

Fractal514

Original Poster

Will you blame yourselves, or Disney for failing to live up to your expectations yet again?

I'm not sure that I have ever complained about an announcement or a lack of announcement from Disney. I cannot control others.

fbp

Are people trying to shut down a speculation/feasibility thread so they don't disappoint themselves?

It must be annoying to some that humans have evolved the capacity for imagination.

Weird. It's a discussion board, OP was trying to start a discussion.

fractal

This is the news & rumors section right?

I think a real solution to the broken Yeti is feasible and I hope likely.

Fractal514

Original Poster
I think I must have written my original post very poorly. I was just trying to start up conversation on things that it is possible they could announce. A fifth park wouldn't fall into this category, but a new land in AK would be (at least IMHO). I am curious as to what people think would be feasible, even if it isn't realistic or likely. If this isn't your type of thing, don't participate.

I laid out my thoughts, I'm curious to read others, though I now fear this thread will die out.

NewfieFan

I get where you're going with this...

What could be feasible (and what I'd love to hear);

- A new family friendly ride for DHS at Pixar Place (I want no height restriction or at least a really low one - I guess that would put Monsters Inc. out of the running!?!)

- The start of a new land/area for AK (again, I want no height restriction for an attraction for this area - with the exception of the animal exhibits, AK is just as bad as DHS for family friendly rides!)

- Some more info on the new interactive type scavenger hunts (like KP World Showcase Adventure) that could be coming to the other three parks

- A refurb for the beloved Peter Pan ride (with a new queue thrown in for good measure)

RSoxNo1

I get where you're going with this...

What could be feasible (and what I'd love to hear);

- A new family friendly ride for DHS at Pixar Place (I want no height restriction or at least a really low one - I guess that would put Monsters Inc. out of the running!?!)

- The start of a new land/area for AK (again, I want no height restriction for an attraction for this area - with the exception of the animal exhibits, AK is just as bad as DHS for family friendly rides!)

- Some more info on the new interactive type scavenger hunts (like KP World Showcase Adventure) that could be coming to the other three parks

- A refurb for the beloved Peter Pan ride (with a new queue thrown in for good measure)

I'm interested in hearing more of your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Korfar

I think I must have written my original post very poorly. I was just trying to start up conversation on things that it is possible they could announce. A fifth park wouldn't fall into this category, but a new land in AK would be (at least IMHO). I am curious as to what people think would be feasible, even if it isn't realistic or likely. If this isn't your type of thing, don't participate.

I laid out my thoughts, I'm curious to read others, though I now fear this thread will die out.

No. You did just fine. There are thread police everywhere. You just have to ignore them.

puntagordabob

My guess is that the biggest amount of time is spent on the new (old) Tiki Room, the WoC in Hyperion Wharf (both of which never get built), the DVC addition to the Grand Floridian, and more concept art for FLE.

1. Tiki Room - this is EPICLY IMPORTANT (ok ok ok at LEAST in MY small spot in the Universe!!!!) so they should trumpet the horns loudly! Let their be Park banners! A Parade float! Ton of QUALITY attraction merchandise!!!! Barker Bird!

2. WOC In HW....heck WOC-like show anywere on WDW would be awesome and they had best build the show.

3. GF DVC.....probably.

4. FLE art...Probably.

We all go to Disneyland of course! ROFL .... Seriously though its a discussion "All For Fun" for me...so if it doesnt then it doesnt.....

Prepare for the Worst.... HOPE for the Best!

Jakester

Im hoping for atleast

1. An announcement about a 40 years of memories style campaign for WDW Only.

2. A new Magic Kingdom Day Parade (Not just renaming the current parade)

3. An Expansion in Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom.

4. Fantasyand concept art/Dumbo and Snow White closing dates (Snow whites atleast) and More information on the Seven Drawfs Mine Ride.

Of all these, i can see number 4 the most likely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom