Feasable Rumors/Announcements

Captain Chaos

God these postings about what could or may be built in the future are just awful. Can't you just wait until it happens? Hopefully it is the beginning of a new Disney "building boom" like we saw during the Eisner years but it is just halarious to read these speculations from pretend Walt Disney World executives. Keep it coming I like to laugh.

Nope... Disney online fans cannot wait... As I said, they are their own worst enemy... always think way beyond expectations, then get mad and annoyed when their extremely lofty expectations aren't met LOL....

Lower the expectations, no disappointment :)

JustInTime

Kinda sad that they consider the FLE THAT special. They're adding 2 rides a restaurant and a couple meet and greets...wooo. It's nice but it isn't anywhere near as amazing as they are making it sound...

Oh wait...I forgot...there is a new bathroom in fastasyland as well! Now THAT'S innovation.

FLE is pretty special. It's rare that one theme park gets a large expansion. And they are actually adding 2 dinning options which is much needed in Magic Kingdom. Plus the rides, shopping and quick service options. Not to mention the new Dumbo (which is technically a new ride since there will be 2 Dumbos).While it may not be a "Potter Swatter", it was never intended to be. But FLE is absolutely something to get excited about.

ChrisM

Kinda sad that they consider the FLE THAT special. They're adding 2 rides a restaurant and a couple meet and greets...wooo. It's nice but it isn't anywhere near as amazing as they are making it sound...

Oh wait...I forgot...there is a new bathroom in fastasyland as well! Now THAT'S innovation.

Consider the old FL...concrete and pavement as far as the eye can see and half-assed, cartoonish facades.

The FLE transforms that mediocrity into an actual land.

NewfieFan

God these postings about what could or may be built in the future are just awful. Can't you just wait until it happens? Hopefully it is the beginning of a new Disney "building boom" like we saw during the Eisner years but it is just halarious to read these speculations from pretend Walt Disney World executives. Keep it coming I like to laugh.

Welcome! It's called a discussion forum... where we discuss things! Seriously, the point of the thread was to have some fun speculation. And apparently you do know how to have fun b/c you like to laugh at us!

:brick: :hammer: :rolleyes:

Kirk88

Consider the old FL...concrete and pavement as far as the eye can see and half-assed, cartoonish facades.

The FLE transforms that mediocrity into an actual land.

Well said! I agree, Fantasyland will finally have it's own 'image'. I'm very eager to see the finished product. If you think about the overall product, you actually gain 2 new rides, hopefully 1/2 the wait for Dumbo, and the Great Goofini coaster. I also agree with MK needing more dining options, again, we gain more of those with the FLE.

Fractal514

Original Poster

Why are you being a jerk?

This is a discussion forum and folks like to come on here and speculate and dream, hell, that's the whole core of Disney Parks. You guys who come into these threads and act holier than though and look down and sneer at folks who are just having a good time, you should just stiffle it. We care even less about your opinion of us than you care about our opinion of the parks, so why don't you just go away?

Half of what makes getting Christmas presants so exciting is opening the presants, sure, but the other half is anticipating what might be in the box. Disney has it's own Christmas coming up, D23, and there are a lot of boxes on the ground. It could be socks, but it could also be a new ride at DHS, we don't know, but we are having fun talking about it.

No one here is pretending to be anything more than they are except the people who come in and codemn. They are pretending to be the thread police, and they can just get out of the thread as far as I'm concerned.

BTW- I think we will see some cool new tech demo about the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.

The latest rumors are
Pixar Place expansion/Monsters Inc. coaster/Bugs Life HISTA playground replacement/Cars Land?

Hyperion Wharf redesign.

AK new land. Australia land?

new DVC resort at Grand Floridian

Epcot new country at World Showcase.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The latest rumors are
Pixar Place expansion/Monsters Inc. coaster/Bugs Life HISTA playground replacement/Cars Land?

Hyperion Wharf redesign.

AK new land. Australia land?

new DVC resort at Grand Floridian

Epcot new country at World Showcase.

All of these are neither "latest" or new. They've been discussed around here ad nasuem, and the GF DVC resort appears to have begun construction....

Scuttle

Really? This is what these forums are all about. Why are you even registered at WDWMAGIC!?

puntagordabob

Really? This is what these forums are all about. Why are you even registered at WDWMAGIC!?

I think the poster you are asking is is perhaps a member of the Brave Explorers of Annoyance whose mission is to Boldly Seek out New Opportunities to visit us here and annoy us :)

CJR

I have my fingers crossed for a new WS country (probably Brazil). It would break a two decade long curse (actually over).

A Pixar Place expansion would be nice and quite possible now that ST2 is open and doing pretty good. A PP expansion is exactly what DHS needs. I have a feeling that after this happens though, DHS will stop receiving attention because that's how TDO works. They wait until something needs attention instead of giving something attention before it needs it. It's a sad, but true process. So if we get this expansion, I say let's enjoy it while it lasts.

DAK is probably in the most needs of something. It's been around half a decade since DAK has received anything really notable. Sure the new trek is nice, but it costs money outside of the DAK price of admission and isn't a ride (which is what people really want). As noted already, a new land would allow them to take EE down. I would even be ok with a makeover of Camp Minnie-Mickey adding in FFF type rides (although a D or E ticket would be better). Anything at DAK would be welcome.

Nothing new will come to MK for awhile. This FL expansion was forced on them (TDO). They won't approved anything new (and truly notable) at MK for a very long time. Maybe a new firework show, but that's about it. Unfortunately, SGE will probably be here for another decade or two unless it meets the same fate as Tiki Room, which was also kind of forced on TDO.

laxchik18

I did hear something about a monster inc ride i think. also this may be off topic but since disny bought marvel my dad is convinced that a ne marvel park will be coming out soon, but im not so sure.

laxchik18

Nope... Disney online fans cannot wait... As I said, they are their own worst enemy... always think way beyond expectations, then get mad and annoyed when their extremely lofty expectations aren't met LOL....

Lower the expectations, no disappointment :)
all disney films have taught you to dream, that if you believe , its will come true. cant we keep the disney spirit alive and imagine. we only have such high expectatiopns because e know hat disney is capable of. please no more negativity. thanks

tirian

all disney films have taught you to dream, that if you believe , its will come true. cant we keep the disney spirit alive and imagine. we only have such high expectatiopns because e know hat disney is capable of. please no more negativity. thanks

Real World: resorts cost money. We're in a recession. Disney needs to maintain what it has before it starts massive expansions.

Kamikaze

Sorry, but its not negativity, its reality.

Also: Tell your dad there will be no Marvel park.

NoChesterHester

Fanboy wish for announcements at D23:

- New Country at Epcot
- Fantasmic Reboot
- Illuminations Upgrades
- Incredibles Ride for Hollywood Studios
- South America Continent Announced for Animal Kingdom
- Mark VII Monorail Design Announced

What is more realistic:

- Illuminations Upgrades
- DVC Grand Floridian

I hope to be pleasantly amazed.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

What has been said about this quote above, plus the fact that the title of this thread is: "Feasable Rumors / Announcements", not "things that if we all dream and wish really, really hard, could come true announcements".

The intended nature of this thread was to try to be grounded in a bit more reality than the standard blue sky discussions that are elsewhere on this forum.

Captain Chaos

I don't live in a fantasy world... I live in the real world... Too many Disney online fanboys never learn to lower their expectations... There is nothing negative about what I am saying... it is true... Disney is a company and believe it or not, they are in it to make money... Sure, some of their practices border on greed, but I challenge you to name one company that isn't greedy....

And if calling Disney out on their mistakes and cheapness is being negative, then I'm willing to be negative all day long.... And if telling disney fanboys they need to stop being their own worse enemy is being negative, then again, I'll be negative all day long...

vinnya1726

Some very interesting ideas everyone...I think reading these boards a few things come to my mind...Walt Disney's idea when he created Disney Land was to create a place where FAMILIES can go and have fun. I understand that many on these boards would like Disney to try and compete with Universal and put in big thrill rides and forget the meet and greets, forget the kids stuff, and that is sad. Disney World is a place for family, so while it would be nice to add a few thrill rides, remember that not everyone is a thrill ride junkie in fact I think many more people are not that are. As for what I hope happens...I think they need to spend some time in Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, both parks need some family centered rides that can absorb some of the crowds. After just returning from DW, I think it is very hard to accomplish a great deal of anything in this park when the three major rides all had 60 minute waits by 10am the days I was in attendance. Disney needs to announce an exapansion of Pixar place, add the Monsters Inc Coaster, maybe an Incredibles Dark Ride and maybe look to fill up some of the wasted space like the building next to toy story mania and sounds dangerous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom