Feasable Rumors/Announcements

mp2bill

We heard a lot of guessing and speculation on the scope of what Disney might announce at D23 with regards to WDW. Some folks seem to think that nothing much will be announced, others are proclaiming a new Disney Decade.

My question is, what is feasable? No realistic, because that just leads folks to be pessimistic and say, well, this can't happen or that can't happen. But rather, what is feasable, they COULD do that.

I would say that it's FEASABLE that they could announce any of the following...

A new land for AK. Likely? No, but I think it's coming at some point and the completion of a new land would allow them to take the Yeti down for refurb.

A new pavilion for World Showcase. I think this is long overdue, and I think it's something that could be done quickly with the right country supporting it.

A revamp of EITHER Ellen's Energy Adventure or Imagination. I don't think it's both, I think either would be feasable though.

An expansion of Pixar Place in DHS. This seems likely in the future as well. Whether it's a cars related addition to LMA or a Monster's Inc Ride, I think both could/will happen.

A new attraction for either Frontierland or Adventureland. I think a single new attraction is feasable, but not a FLE style addition.

I may be optomistic, but that's kinda the point of this thread, to think of feasable announcements we might here at D23. Naysayers can post, but let's try to stay away from the whole, Disney doesn't know what they are doing anymore and everything sucks kinda posts, I'm more interested in ideas and theories about building the future, not tearing it down.

Would love to see any of those

RSoxNo1

At the 2009 Expo we were told the following that has not come to fruition as of yet:

• New Parade as part of the 40th Anniversary
  • New Pre-Show to MuppetVision 3-D
  • Princess Chateaus
  • Pixie Hollow

With the recent rumors being thrown out there by @themeparkone it appears that the first item on that list is certainly possible. As for the Illuminations rumors being thrown out on MiceAge, that sounds like it's fan created. Having said that, the rumors thrown out be @themeparkone all seem to be reasonable:

• Enhancements to Fantasmic
  • Enhancements to Illuminations
  • New daytime parade for the Magic Kingdom

Based on the timetable from the last D23 convention, we can assume that projects could be announced for up to 4 years in advance. In 2009 they announced the following:

• Star Tours to open in 2011
  • Phase I of Fantasyland in 2012
  • Phase II/Pixie Hollow in 2013/2014

We've been given indications by Lee and others that there may be some "hollow" announcements made at the D23 convention. I would expect that these types of "hollow" announcements would be for those additions that are 3-4 years out (Chateau's and Pixie Hollow) or are not mentioned in the Parks and Resorts presentation (like Muppetvision and the 40th Anniversry parade)

So having said all that, I would not be surprised if no new rides were announced at the convention, but if a new ride was to be added my guesses would be something that we have either already heard about, or could also work in Shanghai (or both). Some thoughts regarding that:
  • Tron based attraction
  • Monster's Inc Scream Coaster
  • Adventureland attraction
  • Brazil Pavilion
Considering that Star Tours The Adventures Continue was a significant announcement at the last convention, and was spread across both resorts, a similar shared attraction could also receive a similar treatment. With this I'm thinking about Soarin' Over the World, but that project seems to have been very quiet of late.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Ok ...poster on Micage forum said that they were having difficulties with the mine train coaster design for MK and it might possibly be canceled, anyone have any credible information about this?

El Grupo

Most of what I'd like to hear at D23 has already been listed. I would just add the following two that I assume are low on the probability scale, but are feasible:

• Announcement that TDO is scrapping plan to replace SWSA with Princess Fairytale Hall. Instead, the existing attraction will be converted into another dark ride (e.g., Alice in Wonderland, Mulan, etc.)
  • Refurb and reopen WoL

NewfieFan

I'm interested in hearing more of your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

It comes out once a year...

(huge Simpson's fan :lol:)

Oh, and I forgot to add a new daytime parade for the MK! There seems to be a few rumors already flying on this one but we really NEED them to be true!

mickey2008.1

All I want is for something to happen at WDW. I get the FLE! it's nothing compared to California parks, or the other oversees projects. WDW is the place to be! Just take care of the grand daddy of all parks. No?

AEfx

All I want is for something to happen at WDW. I get the FLE! it's nothing compared to California parks, or the other oversees projects. WDW is the place to be! Just take care of the grand daddy of all parks. No?

I think people discount FLE because they are looking at it as words on paper or screens and breaking it down to it's individual parts. That's valuable, but it's also valuable to look at what it's going to do for the park.

I mean, what was Fantasy about our Fantasyland before? A bunch of tin-roof carnie looking buildings. Over the years they added a few trees and planters, but still - besides the fact we lacked attractions as well, comparatively - it was easily the worst themed area of the park (or almost any Disney park), and certainly was last in line when it came to MK-style park Fantasylands.

Of course we won't know until it's finished, but it seems like our Fantasyland is going from tin-roof city to a true place where one would expect the fantastical Disney characters to live and play.

The Empress Lilly

This is a fine thread. Feasible, I think, are:

- Big Fireworks show on October 1st in the Magic Kingdom. Akin to July 4th or New Year's eve fireworks.
- Removal of Primeval Whirl. In the best of WDW tradition, in the place of a removed attraction will come something excruciatingly childish and cheap, but my imagination fails me to come up with anything worse than Chester and Hester.
- Some new entertainment and parades will be presented as state-of-the-art entertainment, the best America has to offer, and the stuff your dreams and memories are made of. Meanwhile, over at Universal they will announce a doubling of the size of Potterland, even more awesome than the first part.

The Empress Lilly

I think people discount FLE because they are looking at it as words on paper or screens and breaking it down to it's individual parts. That's valuable, but it's also valuable to look at what it's going to do for the park.

I mean, what was Fantasy about our Fantasyland before? A bunch of tin-roof carnie looking buildings. Over the years they added a few trees and planters, but still - besides the fact we lacked attractions as well, comparatively - it was easily the worst themed area of the park (or almost any Disney park), and certainly was last in line when it came to MK-style park Fantasylands.

Of course we won't know until it's finished, but it seems like our Fantasyland is going from tin-roof city to a true place where one would expect the fantastical Disney characters to live and play.
Mwah...

For me, the MK moves from a Fantasyland with an underwater and a Snow White atraction to a FL with an underwater and Snow White attraction plus a table service restaurant, and some trees. :shrug:

In effect, they have removed two slow capacity rides for two high capacity rides, and the time guests win by that they can spend in an expensive sit down restaurant, rather than a cheap quick service one.

jt04

Ok ...poster on Micage forum said that they were having difficulties with the mine train coaster design for MK and it might possibly be canceled, anyone have any credible information about this?

Well, well, well. The attraction equivilent of an executive leaving to spend more time with the family. I know around here I am in the minority on this but the mine train is a bad concept due to the proposed placement. Unless Disney were to adopt my idea and have a large portion of the ride system underground, then this project is better off canceled or relocated. To place it smack in the middle of the FLE just seems forced and very permanent. However if most of it were underground, then the area could better be developed to function and look like the original artwork. The M&G's were not as important as the aesthetics and functionality of the original design. But I would not be suprised to see the original concept brought back with some tweaking.

So here we are with PH rumors increasing and the mine train concept development having issues. Best news I have heard in awhile. And if it gets canceled or relocated, some folks definitely need to apologize to me. :lol:

So, I will go ahead and predict this is where the FLE is headed. Plus we will get artwork for whatever is replacing the FL skyway.

I have no idea about enhancements to entertainment or added parades. Neither gets me too excited. Replacing Fantasmic with WoC or a new show at EPCOT to replace Illuminations would.

And possibly there will be a suprise announcement. Which they possibly will not decide on until the last minute lest we find out about it here. :drevil: :lol:

Just a guess.

jt04

He will be the last person to accept it if it does get canceled or even relocated.

I have been reading other comments and people are still expecting much more from this attraction than it can ever deliver from what I know about it. Best solution IMO, is to cancel or relocate it, keep SWSA and add the M&Gs of the original design. BTW, if operations was really all concerned about capacity of the enhanced M&Gs, wouldn't they have canceled the one that will be centered around Belle? I never believed that story. And the empty queue to see the Princesses indicates someone in operations is clueless if they actually thought the new M&G's would be overwhelmed anyway.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
He will be the last person to accept it if it does get canceled or even relocated.

I have been reading other comments and people are still expecting much more from this attraction than it can ever deliver from what I know about it. Best solution IMO, is to cancel or relocate it, keep SWSA and add the M&Gs of the original design. BTW, if operations was really all concerned about capacity of the enhanced M&Gs, wouldn't they have canceled the one that will be centered around Belle? I never believed that story. And the empty queue to see the Princesses indicates someone in operations is clueless if they actually thought the new M&G's would be overwhelmed anyway.

No, he's just the person with better sources of information than what you posses (or those over at MiceAge who posted this rumor). The coaster is neither being canceled or moved, no more than the Mermaid ride will be opened this October, as you predicted.....

jt04

No, he's just the person with better sources of information than what you posses (or those over at MiceAge who posted this rumor). The coaster is neither being canceled or moved, no more than the Mermaid ride will be opened this October, as you predicted.....

I can't get everything right. Lee predicted late 2012 or early 2013 which he has now backtracked on. So, in the end we will see who was closer. Not that I give a hoot.

And what I say about the mine train is purely speculation and I admit that. But the reasons we were given for removing the original m&gs, which I questioned at the time, now appears to be utterly wrong. That is just the way it is. And now if we could get this thread back on track. We don't want it turning into something similar to a certain mine train ride that isn't. :ROFLOL:

Sorry. But I will always believe it is a good ride in the wrong place. Even if it does not happen.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I can't get everything right. Lee predicted late 2012 or early 2013 which he has now backtracked on. So, in the end we will see who was closer. Not that I give a hoot.

And what I say about the mine train is purely speculation and I admit that. But the reasons we were given for removing the original m&gs, which I questioned at the time, now appears to be utterly wrong. That is just the way it is. And now if we could get this thread back on track. We don't want it turning into something similar to a certain mine train ride that isn't. :ROFLOL:

Sorry. But I will always believe it is a good ride in the wrong place. Even if it does not happen.

Delete everything after "right"......

Lee

Adventurer
Backtracked? Me?
Not a chance. I said Mermaid was scheduled for opening in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013. That is Oct-Dec of 2012. I still stand by that timeline, since it is coming from internal Disney documentation.

And what I say about the mine train is purely speculation and I admit that. But the reasons we were given for removing the original m&gs, which I questioned at the time, now appears to be utterly wrong. That is just the way it is. And now if we could get this thread back on track. We don't want it turning into something similar to a certain mine train ride that isn't.
I've asked about the mine train. I'm told it is still on track (so to speak) to open as scheduled. I've even received some more recent documentation about the ride's layout, which has changed slightly.
As for the M&Gs...we've been over that too many times. They were cut because they would have been a nightmare for operations, and were deemed by the public, and many inside the company, as being too princess-centric.

SeaCastle

Just wondering, is there any inherent benefit to being right all of the time on the internet? You seem to throw a lot of stuff at the wall to see what sticks, for the sole purpose of making people apologize to you when you're right (which I don't remember happening).

Krack

Just wondering, is there any inherent benefit to being right all of the time on the internet? You seem to throw a lot of stuff at the wall to see what sticks, for the sole purpose of making people apologize to you when you're right (which I don't remember happening).

LMAO - you're arguing with jt? He hasn't been right once about anything. To use your analogy, nothing has ever stuck; I'm not even sure he's aiming at the wall - he's just trolling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom