Favourite "strange" WDW smell.....

CoreNovawarAMM

The loading area of DINOSAUR. Kind of that oily smell you're talking about, but more...smokey?
I know what you mean...it smells like burnt rubber to me. Hands down my favorite weird smell in the park. Second favorite is FoP.
I wouldn’t exactly say that I like Spaceship Earth’s smell...but every time I walk by I think to myself “smells like Rome falling”.:hilarious:

MaximumEd

That hall by the bathrooms in Innoventions West that smells like a cross between an overflowing sewer and a bad hair perm. Yeah, it takes me back.

Smiley/OCD

So are people in NJ not capable of pumping their own gas is it too complicated for them? Joking my DW is from NJ and it seems i'm always pumping gas into her car as well as mine she may not be capable ---did I say that
I usually gas up at the same place and they let me fill it myself...now as far as your wife goes...lol

LUVofDIS

The drinking water in WDW has a sulfur smell and taste. When I bring a glass up to my mouth, even before I taste it I can smell it, and I know I am in Florida.

Why, why did you have to mention this. We bring a filtered bottle and you can still smell and taste it. I usually drink Coke when I am in the MK just so that I don't have to drink that water.

The drinking water in WDW has a sulfur smell and taste. When I bring a glass up to my mouth, even before I taste it I can smell it, and I know I am in Florida.

I agree. I always noticed that the water and ice in WDW has a distinct taste and smell but I couldn't exactly describe it until now. If I get a fountain soda in one of the restaurants, I usually ask for light ice because I don't care for the taste of the ice. I think that it changes the way the soda or lemonade tastes.

I love the smells that first greet you when you enter MK. I enjoy strolling down Main Street and smelling the popcorn, hot dogs and all of the yummy confections as I head towards Cinderella's Castle. I can always tell when I am getting close to Columbia Harbor House because I can smell the fish and chips, yum! I love putting malt vinegar on my fries. One of my favorite rides in MK is the Haunted Mansion. I love that old, mildew smell inside. I don't know if that is how the building really smells or if that is some kind of scent they pump into the air (I know that sounds ridiculous lol).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's been years since I've smelled this, but there was a smell once the airplane landed and outside air was allowed to flow into the cabin. Just humid air, but there was a distinct smell to it.

Another weird one for me - hard water as you enter the shower. Every time I get into my shower at home, I get the smell for a split second and it reminds me, for some reason, of Old Key West.

Cmdr_Crimson

Don't know if it's a favorite but you definitely know when you're on the monorail (other than obviously knowing you just stepped foot in one).

Or stepped into "It" because it's smell is right up there...;):hilarious:
giphy.gif

Driver

Phew. Least I know I'm not having a stroke!

Yeah, it's weird how you can smell it way down there. Must be a vent somewhere that allows it to escape or drift down onto the walkways below.
The attraction is air conditioned, cool air will come down ( warm air rises). So the cool air will come down and exit the large entrance. Thus bringing the smell from the attraction to the outdoor area underneath!

Driver

I love the smells that first greet you when you enter MK. I enjoy strolling down Main Street and smelling the popcorn, hot dogs and all of the yummy confections as I head towards Cinderella's Castle. I can always tell when I am getting close to Columbia Harbor House because I can smell the fish and chips, yum! I love putting malt vinegar on my fries. One of my favorite rides in MK is the Haunted Mansion. I love that old, mildew smell inside. I don't know if that is how the building really smells or if that is some kind of scent they pump into the air (I know that sounds ridiculous lol).
Don't mean to ruin it for ya , but you know the smells on Main St. are artificial..... right?

slappy magoo

Back in 2004, the first time my then-GF-now-wife and I stayed at AKL, we loved the smell in the hallway. We asked at the lobby what it might be, they couldn't...or wouldn't???...tell us. We asked the shop if they sold the aroma in a candle or anything. Finally we found someone in Mousekeeping, and we asked them what that smell is because we absolutely love it. She looked at us like we each had 3 heads, held up the bottle and rag in her hand and said "citrus cleaner."

:facepalm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom