Favourite "strange" WDW smell.....

NickMaio

Original Poster
Ya I know the post tiltle sounds weired.
Having just returned from WDW this week.
One of the smells I love is the grease they use on the rollers for Space Mountain and other older coasters.
Being inside you can really smell it. Yet this is very nostalgic for me. They have been using the same grease for decades.

This got me wondering if people out there have other strange Disney appreciations.....

Smiley/OCD

I have a few...of course, inside Spaceship Earth...the OLD Cali version of Soarin' (the pine and oranges), PotC, the popcorn on Main St.,the air outside the resort AoA in the morning, and I know I'll get grief for this, but growing up pumping gas (YES, NJ is the only state left with no self serve gas), the smell of gas and exhaust at the speedway

Smiley/OCD

Oh, Smiley, me too. The loss of that film is a true kick in the pants.
I STILL say that now that they built an extra theater, they should use two for the dopey, stupid NEW version (YUCK!!! they ruined the ride- no matter how much LSD you would take, the Eiffel Tower would NEVER appear bent like that) LOL, and keep the Cali version in the third...yeah I know I'm dreamin"

Smiley/OCD

I remember the first time driving from NJ to PA and thinking how uncivilized these people were - they have to pump their own gas!

Then I moved to FL and realized NJ was the only place they have gas pumpers. (Yet the gas isn’t more expensive! Magic.)
Yeah, and some stations still clean the windows for you! My oldest DD was in the DCP earlier this year and she had her car down there...on the drive down, every time we stopped for gas, I made her learn how to pump it...she was an old pro by the time we got to FL!

_caleb

I love many of the smells in the parks! There's one in Space Mountain (maybe the grease? Some kind of exhaust?) that I can't describe, but brings back memories. Also the mildew/chlorine water ride smell from Pirates.

In this thread from a while back, some folks posted about tracking down perfumes, candles, and room sprays that were similar to Disney smells: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/resort-scents.911186/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom