Favourite "strange" WDW smell.....

crxbrett

When you walk under Spaceship Earth. I don't know what it is but it smells amazing.

I always smell the faintness of the burning ashes of Rome scene underneath! Am I crazy?? I always wonder how can that be - but I know that's what it is. Or at least what I smell at the bottom walking on the sides sort of flanking the sphere.

Is that the smell you also smell?

crxbrett

I remember the first time driving from NJ to PA and thinking how uncivilized these people were - they have to pump their own gas!

Then I moved to FL and realized NJ was the only place they have gas pumpers. (Yet the gas isn’t more expensive! Magic.)

When I was a kid we still had full service stations here in Los Angeles, but they were all gone by the late 80s/early 90s. But it wasn't a law, more like a luxury. You could choose to do full service or self service back then. Someone recently told me in Oregon they won't let you pump your own gas, either. I had no clue this was even a thing! lol Not sure if that is true or not, but my co-worker said he encountered that at 2 different Oregon gas stations last summer.

Jenwade49

I always smell the faintness of the burning ashes of Rome scene underneath! Am I crazy?? I always wonder how can that be - but I know that's what it is. Or at least what I smell at the bottom walking on the sides sort of flanking the sphere.

Is that the smell you also smell?
I think that’s exactly right!! And is also my favorite WDW smell by far. There was a scent at bath & body works if they would ever get it back that very much reminded me of Rome burning... called Smokey Vanilla. 😊

Smiley/OCD

When I was a kid we still had full service stations here in Los Angeles, but they were all gone by the late 80s/early 90s. But it wasn't a law, more like a luxury. You could choose to do full service or self service back then. Someone recently told me in Oregon they won't let you pump your own gas, either. I had no clue this was even a thing! lol Not sure if that is true or not, but my co-worker said he encountered that at 2 different Oregon gas stations last summer.
Oregon just changed their law within the past few years..we Garden Stater's are the ONLY state left in the US that outlaws self serve gas...every year there is talk to repeal the law, and every year it gets voted down...our former Governor, Chris Christie raised the tax 23 cents/gallon, so we're not one of the cheapest states anymore. Last time we drove down, DE, VA and SC were much cheaper than us.

yaksplat

I have a gallon jug of oil that i use for the gears in my planer and the smell of the used oil reminds me of the various greases and oils on the rides.
IMG_20180802_085843.jpg

John park hopper

Oregon just changed their law within the past few years..we Garden Stater's are the ONLY state left in the US that outlaws self serve gas...every year there is talk to repeal the law, and every year it gets voted down...our former Governor, Chris Christie raised the tax 23 cents/gallon, so we're not one of the cheapest states anymore. Last time we drove down, DE, VA and SC were much cheaper than us.
So are people in NJ not capable of pumping their own gas is it too complicated for them? Joking my DW is from NJ and it seems i'm always pumping gas into her car as well as mine she may not be capable ---did I say that

juniorthomas

The lobby and Everything Pop store at Pop Century. I found the scent obnoxious for years and now... I love it. It's kind of a rotten strawberry and insect-nibbled orange.
I encountered this smell somewhere, back home, well off-property.

It is so distinctive, I immediately knew it was PC. Yet for the life of me I cannot remember where it was I had found it.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I love the smell of the Haunted Mansion -- like old, moldy oranges left in the kitchen fruit bowl for too long. I don't think it's changed in the 35 years I've been going to WDW...

Never associated the scent with oranges but I do like the smell. Your move Disney. Time to bottle it and sell it at Memento Mori! I'm in for a gallon.

Last edited:

CLEtoWDW

There is a smell within the Beach Club lobby area in the evening that always makes me feeling like I’m home. It’s a mixture of the normal “clean” lobby smell and the smell coming from the Cape May Cafe seafood dinner. Funny thing is I for the most part don’t like seafood 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom