Favorite World Showcase pavillion....And what country would YOU love to see

Kerby626

Original Poster
Okay, kinda big title. Sorry about that. In an effort to learn more about everyone I decided this would be a good idea. I've been to the Far East, the Middle East and Europe while I've been a Marine. Going to the world showcase is like getting to visit those countries without worrying about someone trying to shoot me. So I'll start with mine.

Japan, China, Norway, and England are my favorites. I am a martial artist. I train in Japanese Samurai arts. When I go to Japan and China I get to see a little bit of those ancient warrior cultures in the modern world. Likewise, I dig Norway and England for their unique warrior cultures. I can help it, I love a nice sharp sword. I enjoy the foods of these countries as well. I also LOVE British chocolate.

As for the country I would love to see, Russia. The Russians have a warrior culture as well. I know this may make me look like I just love to see war and things like that. All of those countries also had a codes of honor and loyalty.

These pavillions show the many facets to their countries. Most of the time their warrior culture is hidden in old stories and the like. Think about it though. How many times do you see the swords at China, Japan, or England. True they are most suited for decoration, but you have to start somewhere.

Okay people, let's hear what you have to say. If you dont have anything to say, well I guess that's a shame.

wedway71

I love all the countries. I would like to see Israel.I would also like to see Russia.I would say they could base the attraction on the Moscow area since it is in my opinion the most attractive.

My very fave country now is either Mexico or France-I gain about 10 pounds alone just eating all the awsome bakery items there.

Kristi Kay

Morocco is my favorite country! They have fantastic food, an entertaining band and bellydancer outside and the cast members are so so friendly!

I would like to see Agenteina, The Dominican Republic or some very tropical place....

My favorite pavillion would have to be Canada, UK, Italy, France, USA, and Mexico.

Place I would like to visit: Brazil, and ALL of Europe!

Captain Hank

Favorite one to eat at: Japan
Favorite one to walk around in: Morocco
Favorite one with an attraction: American Adventure

I'd love to see Switzerland, Russia or the intended Africa pavillion (though it sorta ended up at DAK)

ears2you

hmm
i love the voices of liberty and the american adventure, but id have to say that china is my favorite. china and japan. the culture of the two countries are amazing....well at least to me.....

mickster

I think it would be great to have a Liechtenstein pavilion....just so we could say the pavilion was larger than the country itself. :lol:

Tomorrow'sChild

Favorite is definitely Mexico. I always thought the inside was so cool. Country I'd love to see, definitely Cuba. But you wouldn't be allowed to have a good time or speak bad about Mickey cause you'd get sent to Disney Jail and then get executed for speaking that way. Also, if you're Cuban you wouldn't be allowed into the Pavillion, only tourists with US currency.

bellanotte

My favorite pavilion has to be Japan. I love the lines of the architecture and the landscaping. I can get happily lost in the shops. I always have wonderful CM experiences. But most of all, it's got great food!
However, I've always wished there was an Australia pavilion. There's so much potential and it would be a lot of fun!

wedway71

Favorite is definitely Mexico. I always thought the inside was so cool. Country I'd love to see, definitely Cuba. But you wouldn't be allowed to have a good time or speak bad about Mickey cause you'd get sent to Disney Jail and then get executed for speaking that way. Also, if you're Cuban you wouldn't be allowed into the Pavillion, only tourists with US currency.

Cuban food ROCKS!!!
Raised in Ft lauderdale/Miami.In Indy now-cant find one stinken Cuban place to eat.FYI---not Cuban just love the food.

Astronaut Jones

I love World Showcase. It's such a good idea. I don't know if I have a favorite country, maybe the UK. I've always been slightly disappointed by Japan. It's such a unique place with such interesting culture but it's just kind of narrowly represented in World Showcase.

I think Russia would be cool, I'd like to see South America be represented. Also, Africa is so diverse, it would be cool to see something from the other regions of Africa. Sorry I'm really broad.

disneytati

My favorite pavillion in The American Adventure, but my favorite restaurant is in China, so I'd pick both!

Country I'd like to see... I don't know... maybe Spain... or Russia....

Place I would like to visit: Brazil, and ALL of Europe!

The last thing I'd like to see there is Brazil. First, because it hate it here, and when I'm up there, I like to pretend I'm never coming back here again. Second because there was a Brazilian pavillion during the millenium celebration and it sucked big time, didn't represent Brazil at all...

All of Europe... awesome!! Been there once, it's really beautiful!

maryszhi

I xoxo All of them. They all are unique and have many things to offer.
~When you wish upon a star~
~A dream is what your heart makes~

CThaddeus

Speaking solely in terms of attractions - The American Adventure. Every country should have such a spectacular representation of their history. An attraction like that for the UK, Italy, China, etc. would be amazing, and I'd probably start spending more time in World Showcase than in Future World.
Favorite pavilion overall - probably Norway. Maelstrom isn't exactly one of my favorite rides (a giant oil platform is the finale? What's that about?), but what I love about the pavilion is that they have the boat ride, followed right after by a great, albeit short movie about the country (yes, I'm one of those weirdos who thinks the movie is BETTER than the ride). In addition, they have a more immersive area than, say, the American Adventure, which is all laid out in a dull straight line. It has shops, displays, a Viking ship, a restaurant, and a bakery. I'd say any of the other pavilions that have attractions are close rivals, but Norway with its double attraction wins, hands down.
I'm not a big food and shopping kind of person, so any of the pavilions without an attraction - Italy, Germany, Japan, Morocco, and the UK - don't hold my attention for long.
Country I'd like to see - As many as possible...but seriously, probably Russia, Egypt, or Bruce's choice: Australia, Australia, Australia, we love ya.

ravensworth

I like the Canada Pavilion. Although the film is ancient (we don't wear those kind of toques anymore!) I like getting some Canadian beer after drinking all of that American water (No offense). The food at the German pavilion is excellent but way too expensive.

I would like to see Russia and Australia added. The culture from Russia and the wines from Australia would be excellent additions. :xmas:

Mikester71

I think Russia would be cool, I'd like to see South America be represented. Also, Africa is so diverse, it would be cool to see something from the other regions of Africa. Sorry I'm really broad.

My favourite would have to be Italy or France. I, too, would love to see Africa, Russia, or possibly even Australia added.

As I just stated in a different thread, I am kinda a bit disappointed in my home and native land's - Canada. I wish ours had a cool ride instead of that outdated movie and I wish they found some better cultural items to best represent us (maple syrup, really:shrug:). Also think the lumber-jacket's on the Canadian CM's need to go. I still love visiting it though (makes me pine for home) and the World Showcase is actually one of my favourite WDW attractions (Epcot is my favourite park).

tirian

I love every country, except for the RIDICULOUS lines that form in Norway every day for the Princess Encounter. ;)

Here's my World Showcase wishlist, in no particular order:

1. Add attractions to Germany and Italy. These don't necessarily need to be rides--they can be exhibits (e.g. Japan) or films (e.g. France).

2. Put a solid D-ticket ride in the UK or Canada.

3. Fix the traffic pileup in Norway...but don't you DARE raze the Stave Church for a queue!

4. Add any two of the following countries: Russia, Spain, the Netherlands, Israel, or Greece. I'd love to see Australia represented, but that would work better in Animal Kingdom. The new countries must have bona-fide attractions, not just shops.

5. Sell roasted almonds and glazed pecans all year, not just when it's cold.

cupanudles

Hey Kristi Kay, WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR AVATAR FROM??!! I dont want to derail this thread, but that picture is very...exciting!:p

erasure fan1

I love the Mexico pavillion, the theming is fantastic so thats my favorite. I also like Canada and Norway. As far as a new country, I wouldnt want a new one. I think you need 1 or 2 more small attractions (not movies) before you can add another country. Now if that new country comes with a solid ride then make it Australia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom