Favorite Two Dining Credit Meal?

kasey1988

Original Poster
If we get the ddp were not planning on having a sit down meal everyday, so we would like to visit one or two places that use two credits. What do you reccomend?

dizMOM

You didn't indicate if you will be dining with children. We have always enjoyed Jiko in AKL and Narcoosee's at the GF is nice if you can time the reservation and watch the MK fireworks. These are a bit more "adult" oriented.

kasey1988

Original Poster
You didn't indicate if you will be dining with children. We have always enjoyed Jiko in AKL and Narcoosee's at the GF is nice if you can time the reservation and watch the MK fireworks. These are a bit more "adult" oriented.

Sorry! No children, just three young women (20,21,22)

sbkline

We've only eaten at Cali Grill and Artist Point. We were not impressed at all with Cali Grill, but we were with Artist Point. So my favorite, as of right now, would have to be Artist Point.

On future trips, I would like to try Hoop Dee Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ and Yachtsman Steakhouse.

The only Two credit place we have eaten twice was the Luau at the Poly,.. it is a great show with great food.
Also you get complimentary beer and wine.

My vote would be for Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, especially if you aren't staying there. The resort is so gorgeous and definitely worth checking out. The restaurant itself is really a wonderfully unique and delicious place to have a slow-paced, gourmet meal full of character and great service. It was our favorite night out last September. Really, a great surprise. We enjoyed it so much that we've booked our upcoming stay at AKL based solely on that dinner and exploration of the resort that evening.

I also enjoy the California Grill for the view. The view can't be beat. It's classic and magical. The food is good too. However, it's often full of children and crowded and somehow that takes away from the 2 Credit adult ambience I'm looking for.

I haven't been to Narcoose's yet, but we've already made reservations for our upcoming September trip.

I agree that if you're doing the DDP, you get more bang for your buck checking out some of these 2 credit places (especially if traveling without kids who the experience will be lost on).

dizMOM

I agree about the Cali Grill. Actually I was there with 2 friends for a "girls get-away". View is wonderful but the service the last 2 times I have been there has been poor. However if you've never been there, it's fun.

kasey1988

Original Poster
After looking at menus its a toss up between yahtsman steakhouse and cali grill.. Yachtsman looks like it would have more options for the picky eater in our group, but Cali Grill would be awsome during wishes..
Both places are considered signature dining right? Im thinking it would be nice to get dressed up for a night!

sbkline

Im Thinking i may try Cali Grill, and try to get a seating during wishes. It would be nice to have a night out to get dressed up and out of our shorts and sneakers for a evening!

Then don't go to Cali Grill. My wife and I met up with another couple from these boards at the Cali Grill last month, and my wife was excited about dressing up for a nice restaraunt. But we were both disappointed with the place. People were still wearing shorts and casual clothes and it was loud and hard to have a conversation. And I wasn't too impressed with the food...at least not for those prices.

ThinkTink721

If we get the ddp were not planning on having a sit down meal everyday, so we would like to visit one or two places that use two credits. What do you reccomend?
We will be trying the Hoop Dee Doo Revue for the 1st time this year - we have heard it is one of the best dinner shows :)

This past January, we basically ate our way through Disney with the Deluxe dining plan...

Our first night we tried the Cali Grill. I enjoyed it, and thought the food was amazing. We timed it so that fireworks were at the same time as dessert. You may need to wait if you want a table where you can sit and watch, or you can go to a separate viewing lounge. It may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed it, at 21. This was everyone's favorite meal of the trip.

We also ate at the Brown Derby in DHS - we had the worst meal of our trip. I wouldn't go there again. The steak was dry, our waitress was inattentive, and the portions were small. Don't waste your time here - go somewhere else in the park, or wait until you leave to grab something to eat.

Our last 2 point excursion was Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We loved it, and it challenged the Cali Grill as our favorite. The fillet mignon with the amazing mac and cheese was amazing. I highly recommend the flat breads - the cheese and olive one I had was quite tasty. If you're interested in a new twist on things, or an excellent wine selection (the largest selection of South African wines in the US, I believe), I highly recommend Jiko.

Sorry for the rambling post. I hope you enjoy your trip, and your food :slurp: Have fun, no matter where you go :)

Phonedave

This past January, we basically ate our way through Disney with the Deluxe dining plan...

Our first night we tried the Cali Grill. I enjoyed it, and thought the food was amazing. We timed it so that fireworks were at the same time as dessert. You may need to wait if you want a table where you can sit and watch, or you can go to a separate viewing lounge. It may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed it, at 21. This was everyone's favorite meal of the trip.

We also ate at the Brown Derby in DHS - we had the worst meal of our trip. I wouldn't go there again. The steak was dry, our waitress was inattentive, and the portions were small. Don't waste your time here - go somewhere else in the park, or wait until you leave to grab something to eat.

Our last 2 point excursion was Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We loved it, and it challenged the Cali Grill as our favorite. The fillet mignon with the amazing mac and cheese was amazing. I highly recommend the flat breads - the cheese and olive one I had was quite tasty. If you're interested in a new twist on things, or an excellent wine selection (the largest selection of South African wines in the US, I believe), I highly recommend Jiko.

Sorry for the rambling post. I hope you enjoy your trip, and your food :slurp: Have fun, no matter where you go :)

Strange, because I have had GREAT service the three times I have eaten at the BD - once with kids, once with adults, and once by myself. Also had a good steak. Portions were right in line too. And the mussles appetizer is one of my favorites.

Maybe you were there on a bad night.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom