Favorite Smells of WDW

Spaceship Earth

Account Suspended
Dark Rides!

I love the smell of Dark rides at Disney World. Such as PotC, HM, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain etc..... I love the smell of PotC though a lot because I love the smell of wax people. I don't know what it is about them, but I love that smell. I don't know if they are wax, but the ride still has that smell. Anyways, it sounds wierd but that's what I like.:lol:

DigitalDisney

Here's a nice long list of great WDW aromas:
- Polynesian Lobby

- Main St Bakery
- Minnie's House
- Alien Encounter
- Plaza Pavilion

- Spaceship Earth (Rome)
- Universe of Energy (dinosaurs)
- Horizions (Oranges)
- Old JII
- The Land (the building has a particular smell to it)
- Any restaurant in World Showcase

- Candy store on Sunset Blvd
- Tower of Terror interior

- Rainforest Cafe
- Dinosaur

The funny thing is that most of the smells we may enjoy (like the Monorail) are really bad smells. For example, if you take a WDW-virgin on the monorail, they'll say that they smell like mildew. But, since we associate that smell with a positive experience, we think it's a good scent.

McArcDes

My Favorite Smell at WDW

I have to say that my favorite smell is the smell of the flowers in the wake scene of Haunted Mansion.

Attachments

• hmfp.jpg
    hmfp.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 129

foxfire

favorite smells

#1 - Horizons & the oranges (how dare they destroy that ride).
#2 - Recycled Disney Air & Water

Bring back CoP!

Luau Cove

Contemporary, Floridian, Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge for the resorts.
MK: PotC, Big Thunder Mountain and Turkey legs.
Epcot: Horizons and The Land

-->LUAU

lileonard

Banned
Im very curious,

what is the orange smell at horizons????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Im 17 years old and havent been on that ride for like 5 years can some one tell me what the oranges are:brick: :brick:

Samwayla

Mcarcdes, I know what you are talking about. I think that is so cool how you can smell the flowers in the wake room In the Haunted Mansion. I always love that part of the ride because of the smell.

GoofyMike29

favorite smell

My favorite smell(s) would have to be:
- The smell of the huge turkey legs
- The little bars of Mickey Mouse Soap, man that smells so good.
- The musty smell in Space Ship Earth, really good effect.

gcurling

Since many folks have responded with the "Fall of Rome" give this a try sometime...

Take a good whiff of the barbeque sauce that you get with chicken fingers (Sunshine Season in the Land has them) and then compare that to the smell of the Fall of Rome. Dead ringer. Hmmmm??

I didn't read all the responses, so I don't know if this is mentioned... Check the smell from the nut cart between Tiki's and JC. It's adjacent to the Tiki queue. A 'fake" almond smell is pumped there. On more than one occasion I've noticed it even when the cart was closed. Guess somebody forgot to turn off the odorizor.

WDWsmith2001

I did'nt realize it till this year but, the smell of Riverside/Port Orleans just as you cross that big timber bridge, it really struck me. Also I agree with Spaceship Earth and "Rome" that one is really well done.

figmentmom

Wow, now that you mention it, that burning smell of the fall of Rome on Spaceship Earth is one of my favorite smells. (Once I rode SE, and the smell was missing - must have been out of order - and the ride just wasn't the same!) Still miss the oranges at Horizons, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom