Favorite Smells of WDW

raven

There are some very memorable smells at WDW. Some good, and some not so good.

Good ones - (Old) Oranges in Horizons. (I miss that!) Eucolyptus (sp) in the Haunted Mansion. Fresh rain in Living with the Land. (that's a generated smell!).

Bad ones - The "burning flesh" smell in Spaceship Earth and at the top of Kili River Rapids. (I can recall that smell anytime), The smell at the TTC waiting for ther monorails. (Smells like puke! :hurl: ) Many Disney buses smell bad as well.

This is also strange but I use a certain shampoo when I go and a certain scent of a Glade Plug-In for my hotel room. When I smell them now, it makes me think I'm in WDW!

Luau Cove

Sulphur smell are the ones you can smell at the Fall Of Rome in SE and also in Universe Of Energy near the Brachiosaurus.

-->LUAU

grimgringhost

Haunted mansion, pirates of the carribean, and basically all of it. You know, it just kinda has it's own smell, one of beauty and light and a scent of a reborn childhood...

TestTrack

I think there is a certain distictive smell to disney in general. I notice this mostly when a smell somewhere else hints at the smell of Disney. Or maybe I'm just crazy.:hammer:

FSUYoda217

"Fallen Rome" in Spaceship Earth

The oranges in Horizons (I MISS THAT RIDE!!!)

The smell boxes in Food Rocks!

The smell in "Alien" for The Great Movie Ride

The original Journey to Imagination (I MISS THAT RIDE TOO!!!)

In Frontierland, the smell of the turkey legs and churros as you pass Country Bear Jamboree (did I say pass... I meant going into Country Bear Jamboree)

Mr. Toad

Original Poster
Well I will be at AKL in May and I hope they have some new smells for me to enjoy and add to the list (that sure sounds like a weird thing to say).

Lileonard: In Horizons there was a section where you saw a futuristic harvesting of an orange orchard. At that part of the ride there was the greatest smell of oranges. Anytime I peel a really good orange and the smell hits me I think of Horizons.
:(

Luau Cove

I, being from another country, noticed USA has a distinctive smell from the airport to the Restrooms at Epcot. I ask a North-American relative what was the source of that smell, and he replied to me that possibly the smell came from the air conditioner machines which are left to run at a very high level and the erosion of the plastic provides that smell.
-->LUAU

nikimsu2002

smell of disney

Test Track-

You are crazy. I should know though, shouldn't I? You suggested they bottle the smell of SE and sell it as perfume. I agree though Disney does have a distinct smell to it.:lol:

TinkerBell9988

ok here goes:

1) the bathroom soap from the hotel rooms

2)the Haunted Mansion

3) the Pirates of the Caribbean

4) Rome burning ( Ithink we all love that)

5) Liberty Tree Tavern just around dinner time!:slurp:

orlandoparks

Ahh, You just can't beat the smell of Ak's Rainforest Cafe right in the morning when it opens. I'm not sure what the smell is, it is very unique.

1OF5DISNEYGEEKS

Actually, Disney smells like Disney. My wife thought I was crazy. Even the Disney Store smell like "Disney". When I asked the cast member how they got the store to smell like WDW they just kinda smirked and acted like they didn't know what i was talking about. I know they have to have some kind of air filtration to make their stores smell like WDW. It can't just be the merchanise. If that were the case, I'd buy about 50 shirts and hide them around the house !

Vinman0916

Rock'n' Rollercoaster

I think rock'n' roller coaster has the best smell the smell of a brand new ride it had the smell when it opened and it still has it now.:lol:

disneytati

Originally posted by disneychic
My all time favorite smell is the one they pump out of the confectionary shop on Main Street U.S.A.

yum!

Yeah! That's the Magic Kingdom smell!!! I just LOOOOVE it!

Monorail smell is also great, it is similar to airport smell, and some places here in Brazil have this kind of air conditioner/carpet/leather seats smell, and it reminds me of disney a lot.
The popcorn smell is also good, as well as the one that comes from the Guiradelli Soda Fountain at Downtown Disney.

Oh, how I miss WDW!!!
Kisses from Brazil!:kiss:

raven

Originally posted by Mr. Toad
In Horizons there was a section where you saw a futuristic harvesting of an orange orchard. At that part of the ride there was the greatest smell of oranges. Anytime I peel a really good orange and the smell hits me I think of Horizons.
:(

These machines are also used at the HM, Living w/the Land, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Universe of Energy, Kali River Rapids, Tough to be a Bug, and many other attractions, shops, and food stands throughout WDW!

Here is a picture of that "smell machine" from Horizons during the demolition of the building.

Attachments

• __hr_smellizer.jpg
    __hr_smellizer.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 192

AJAX

The smell of the water in the rides & fountains. Disney uses an additive (I think) to make the water 'soft' and reduce foaming. You can best see the 'silk' effect at the Epcot fountains.

My family and I have been to different places in the country where the same additive is used, usually fountains in large malls. We'll get a whiff of it, look at each other, and say 'Disney Water'. Then we break into tears, go home, & book a trip!

GGG1

Here are some of my favorites:

Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Carribbean
Rome Burning
Horizons Oranges
Dinosaur

Dawnie

Main St Bake Shop (I know it's a machine smell but it's still good)
Christmas shop at Downtown Disney
Loading area for PotC
The smell on Main St just after a storm. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom