favorite places to eat off property?

talland37

We love eating at Cheesecake Factory (Florida Mall) - always great food and the mind blowing choice of cheesecakes to choose from which we nearly always takeaway to eat later at the villa. There are no cheesecake factories in the UK so it has become one of our holiday traditions to eat there.
Also another vote for Columbia house in Celebration - great food, great location and service. Love their herg encrusted steak - yummy!!!!

Susan Savia

We enjoy Steak and shake, Golden Corral, Olive Garden, Fuddruckers, Dennys and my favorite breakfast sandwich is McDonalds egg, bacon and cheese bagle. Yumm

armyfamilyof5

We are big fans of Tex-Mex so when we can we love to go to Abuelos in Kissimmee, it's about 15 minutes from Epcot, the address is 2431 West Osceola Pkwy. Kissimmee, FL 34741. The resturant itself is beautiful and the food is very good and a great price. The shredded beef enchiladas are my fav, the papas con chili and their espinaca casserole side dishes are the best!

msteel

Uno's and Giordano's. The only places to get good Chicago-style pizza outside of the Chicago area.

Never been to Uno's but we love Giordano's (grew up near Chicago). It's funny to see their location map - a whole bunch of locations in/near Chicago, and 2 in Orlando. Nowhere else.

ejsanta13

We love Bahama Breeze! Their deep fried chicken meal is SO GOOD!!! Also I had a flatbread there before and it was super delicious! we don't have one here in Maine :( But they did open one up in Mass about 2 1/2 hours from us so if we're ever down that way, we will definitely hit it up!
BB is pretty good. We hit the new one in MA a couple of months ago and had a pretty decent meal. First time having Yuca fries!

ParentsOf4

Where is the Uno's? Been to several around the country and it is consistenly good. There used to be one near us but it has closed, miss it big time.
The Uno's is right outside the Crossroads (a.k.a. DTD hotel) entrance to WDW. We just ate their last night. Yum!

Watch out for traffic though. It's always nasty at that entrance.

Joseph Robinson

On Colonial Drive in Downtown Orlando Anthony's Pizza is great. If you're in the mood for some Mexican find a Chipotle (fast food experience) or you can go near 17-92 and eat at Gringos Locos. They're a bit out of the way (from Disney's POV, not too bad when you're coming from UCF) but worth it if you are looking for something different!

GatorAsh

Sweet Tomatoes on Vineland, in the shopping center just across from the entrance to the DTD hotel area. Fresh, filling, priced well and a refreshing change of pace from park food. A nice way to get those fruits and veggies to stay powered up for the parks. Fantastic salad bar, soup bar, baked potato bar, several different kinds of pasta and more. It's worth coming out of the World for :)

71jason

The Uno's is right outside the Crossroads (a.k.a. DTD hotel) entrance to WDW. We just ate their last night. Yum!

Watch out for traffic though. It's always nasty at that entrance.

There's one on 192 as well, not far from the WDW entrance.

Re: traffic at Crossroads. Whenever it's busy--in other words, before midnight--I find it easier/quicker to use the exit without the traffic light (by Chevys/The Knife) and just bust a U-turn at Palm Parkway. Or if you take a left there you can backdoor into most everything at WDW fairly easily, skip Hotel Plaza Blvd and DTD all together.

l4dybu6

4 Rivers - It's a bit far (20-30 min) from Disney, but there is a line out the door there every night. If you like BBQ I would HIGHLY recommend it! (In Winter Park)
Tijuana flats - There are a bunch of these around Florida, but they make some pretty good tacos :p
Saito Sushi - Ok, this one is far away, and it's your standard fancy sushi place, but I thoroughly enjoy it! (In Baldwin Park, which is near Winter Park)

Pusta100

We love Bahama Breeze! Their deep fried chicken meal is SO GOOD!!! Also I had a flatbread there before and it was super delicious! we don't have one here in Maine :( But they did open one up in Mass about 2 1/2 hours from us so if we're ever down that way, we will definitely hit it up!

Bahama Breeze is amazing. We make it a point to go there at least once every trip!

fillerup

4 Rivers - It's a bit far (20-30 min) from Disney, but there is a line out the door there every night. If you like BBQ I would HIGHLY recommend it! (In Winter Park)
Tijuana flats - There are a bunch of these around Florida, but they make some pretty good tacos :p
Saito Sushi - Ok, this one is far away, and it's your standard fancy sushi place, but I thoroughly enjoy it! (In Baldwin Park, which is near Winter Park)

There's also a Seito Sushi in Celebration and one on restaurant row - Sand Lake.

PatriciaH

Seasons 52 (Dr. Phillips)
Two Jays (Dr. Phillips)
Ravenous Pig (Winter Park)
White Wolf Cafe (N Orange Ave)
Columbia (Celebration)
Cafe D'Antonio-lunch is much cheaper and not as crowded (Celebration)
Yellow Dog Eats (Windermere)

maxairmike

With two Celebration locations, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Market Street Cafe. It isn't fancy and anything "special" in terms of unique dishes, but what I've had has always been delicious, and I love the way the place is decorated. I usually go for breakfast and their pancake is delicious. Yes, that's a single pancake because the pancakes are absolutely gigantic and fluffy, so one will fill most people up (and I can pack it away, my friends will tell you). Their seasonal fruit cobbler with ice cream is a great way to finish out a filling and delicious breakfast.

ULPO46

Best Chinese food for cheap and fast food experience pandas express. Best pizza in my hometown, Anthony's pizzeria near lake Eola in downtown. There are more restraints in Orlando and Kissimmee than there are hotels. The malls offer many great dining options as well around the Disney area. But if you don't want to pay the 18% tax rate get away from the tourist area and explore the wonders of Orlando. I like an occasional Carrabas and longhorn great prices and good food. If you re ever in uni check out mythos in ioa. They are one of the best theme park reataraunts in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom