steviej

Original Poster
Kinda curious to answers, my fav's are as follows:

1. Krispy Kreme - Don't have any by me in NJ
2. Steak N Shake - Amazing food for amazing prices
3. Golden Corral (breakfast only) - same as SNS
4. Ale House - such great memories during my cp's

Vader2112

Benihana's on I-Drive! Kobe is great but Beni is da man!
Charley's Steak House. One of the best in the US! Aged steaks cooked on a wood fire!
Fuddruckers I- Drive or Vineland Road Kissimme. Good Burgers
Elephant Room at the Mall at Milenia.
Christini's FINE Itallian dining. If you want great Itallian this is it forget EPCCOT or Portobello at DTD.
Drawbacks: Dress code Business Casual and I beleive no Toddlers or infants. Reason why I have not been there aside from a business dinner.
Jimmy Johns for Subs/Heros/Grinders/Po-boys or what ever you choose to call them.
Columbia Restraunt in Celebration This is a Florida tradition and the origianl in Tampa is one of the oldest restaurants in the country. Try the 1905 Salad and for desert the Cafe con Leche and Bread pudding made with Cuban bread..To die for. Don't forget the Mojitos or Sangria!
The Orlando Ale House/Miller's Ale House Great food! Resonable prices drink specials. Try the Zingers!!
The nachos can feed an army.

steviej

Original Poster
Uno's and Giordano's. The only places to get good Chicago-style pizza outside of the Chicago area.

eh, i'm 10 minutes away from new york city, I'm not a big pizza eater down in the world, and when i do, i go to a place in downtown orlando called geno's

steviej

Original Poster
Do you mean Gino's Pizza & Brew? I've heard of it but never tried it. I'm too lazy to drive to downtown Orlando. Besides, I thought they did New York style pizza. Having grown up in CT, we always did Sally's and Pepe's in New Haven!

I lived in Chicago for 11 years. Among the most famous of the deep dish pizza places was Gino's East but I don't believe they are affiliated with Gino's in Orlando. As far as I know, Uno's and Giordano's are the best deep dish pizza places near WDW but if someone else has a suggestion, I'm willing to give it a try!

That's it! I see you got 4 little ones, definitely don't hit that area at night, not a nice place. When me and my roommates would go at night, we'd pick it up, one person would run in, come out, and we'd take off as fast as we could lol

I have an uno's by me here in nj, wasn't too crazy about it, but i'll definitely think about giving giordano's a shot if time allows next trip

Disney Dawg88

I'll just start out by saying I avoid chains and look for local spots, which is hard to do around Disney as it's basically chain city. After working in the area on a monthly basis for the past couple of years the restaurants that I always go to are:

4Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park - probably about a 20 minute drive from Disney just past downtown Orlando. WELL worth the drive, some of the best BBQ in the southeast, maybe the country. There is a reason why there is a 30 minute wait to get in the place everyday.
Cafe D'Antonio in Celebration - Italian restaurant, nice atmosphere, great food. Sit at the bar and Mauricio will take care of you.
Columbia's in Celebration - I agree with everything Vader2112 said.
Millers Ale House - good food at decent prices. Great place to go and watch a game as well.

PolynesianPrincess

We love Bahama Breeze! Their deep fried chicken meal is SO GOOD!!! Also I had a flatbread there before and it was super delicious! we don't have one here in Maine :( But they did open one up in Mass about 2 1/2 hours from us so if we're ever down that way, we will definitely hit it up!

PolynesianPrincess

I'll just start out by saying I avoid chains and look for local spots, which is hard to do around Disney as it's basically chain city. After working in the area on a monthly basis for the past couple of years the restaurants that I always go to are:

4Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park - probably about a 20 minute drive from Disney just past downtown Orlando. WELL worth the drive, some of the best BBQ in the southeast, maybe the country. There is a reason why there is a 30 minute wait to get in the place everyday.
Cafe D'Antonio in Celebration - Italian restaurant, nice atmosphere, great food. Sit at the bar and Mauricio will take care of you.
Columbia's in Celebration - I agree with everything Vader2112 said.
Millers Ale House - good food at decent prices. Great place to go and watch a game as well.

I have heard good things about this place!!

steviej

Original Poster
We love Bahama Breeze! Their deep fried chicken meal is SO GOOD!!! Also I had a flatbread there before and it was super delicious! we don't have one here in Maine :( But they did open one up in Mass about 2 1/2 hours from us so if we're ever down that way, we will definitely hit it up!

really? I lived 2 blocks from there for a year during my cp's and I never made it there, I got 1 about 25 minutes from me here in NJ, I gotta give it a shot.

PolynesianPrincess

really? I lived 2 blocks from there for a year during my cp's and I never made it there, I got 1 about 25 minutes from me here in NJ, I gotta give it a shot.

The deep fried chicken came with mashed potatos with cheese and spinach and salsa and black beans on the side. it had a buttery kinda of sauce on it too, but it wasn't overpowering. I loved it! If I can find the pic of it, I'll post it! We didn't eat at the one one Vineland, but the one on 192 they just opened up.

wiigirl

Benihana's on I-Drive! Kobe is great but Beni is da man!
Charley's Steak House. One of the best in the US! Aged steaks cooked on a wood fire!
Fuddruckers I- Drive or Vineland Road Kissimme. Good Burgers
Elephant Room at the Mall at Milenia.
Christini's FINE Itallian dining. If you want great Itallian this is it forget EPCCOT or Portobello at DTD.
Drawbacks: Dress code Business Casual and I beleive no Toddlers or infants. Reason why I have not been there aside from a business dinner.
Jimmy Johns for Subs/Heros/Grinders/Po-boys or what ever you choose to call them.
Columbia Restraunt in Celebration This is a Florida tradition and the origianl in Tampa is one of the oldest restaurants in the country. Try the 1905 Salad and for desert the Cafe con Leche and Bread pudding made with Cuban bread..To die for. Don't forget the Mojitos or Sangria!
The Orlando Ale House/Miller's Ale House Great food! Resonable prices drink specials. Try the Zingers!!
The nachos can feed an army.

I am a sucker for Jimmy Johns. :p
75.gif

NiarrNDisney

I have a few:

Benihanas (DTD Hilton)
Fishlips Waterfront Bar & Grill (Cocoa Beach Fl)
Fuddruckers (Crossroads)
Giraffe Cafe (DTD Royal Plaza)
Natures Table (MCO Airport)
Ossorio's (Cocoa Village Fl)
Red Lobster (Crossroads)
Rico's Cuban Deli (Cocoa Beach Fl)
Sundays Grill (Davenport Fl)
TGIFriday's (Crossroads)

steviej

Original Poster
I have a few:

Benihanas (DTD Hilton)
Fishlips Waterfront Bar & Grill (Cocoa Beach Fl)
Fuddruckers (Crossroads)
Giraffe Cafe (DTD Royal Plaza)
Natures Table (MCO Airport)
Ossorio's (Cocoa Village Fl)
Red Lobster (Crossroads)
Rico's Cuban Deli (Cocoa Beach Fl)
Sundays Grill (Davenport Fl)
TGIFriday's (Crossroads)

went to the benihana's near port saint lucie, thought it was just ok.
a lot of the other places I have by me. All i can say is, thank god I don't have a krispy kreme by me, i'd probably weigh over 350 lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom