favorite places to eat off property?

PUSH

There's a pizza place (several of them) around the Orlando area called Flipper's and it's the best pizza I've ever had. We found out about it when staying offsite once. We were hungry and went to the lobby and they gave us a menu, and we ordered in! Of course, it would have been nice to have paper plates. We ended up having to rip the pizza box and create makeshift plates! :p

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
So far I've stayed in the bubble, but when we break that tradition I'd like to try La Luce, and maybe the Bull and Bear.
The Bull and Bear is fantastic! I had the best meal of my life there, unfortunately it was also the most expensive meal of my life but worth every penny. Amazing food and outstanding service.

Vader2112

Benihana's on I-Drive! Kobe is great but Beni is da man!
Charley's Steak House. One of the best in the US! Aged steaks cooked on a wood fire!
Elephant Room at the Mall at Milenia.
Christini's FINE Itallian dining. If you want great Itallian this is it forget EPCCOT or Portobello at DTD.
Drawbacks: Dress code Business Casual and I beleive no Toddlers or infants. Reason why I have not been there aside from a business dinner.
Jimmy Johns for Subs/Heros/Grinders/Po-boys or what ever you choose to call them.
Columbia Restraunt in Celebration This is a Florida tradition and the origianl in Tampa is one of the oldest restaurants in the country. Try the 1905 Salad and for desert the Cafe con Leche and Bread pudding made with Cuban bread..To die for. Don't forget the Mojitos or Sangria!
The Orlando Ale House/Miller's Ale House Great food! Resonable prices drink specials. Try the Zingers!!
The nachos can feed an army.

Zman-ks

I do not understand what you mean. What is this "off property" you speak of?
75.gif

lol :p

Disney Dawg88

What restaurants do you like that are close to the parks? Some people that stay off property don't go to a Disney restaurant every night during their vacations, so I want to know some of your favorites. If you are a local and know the area really well that's even better!

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but there's a whole thread on this subject just below yours:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/favorite-places-to-eat-off-property.843457/

But my favorites are 4Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park, it's worth the drive from WDW. Cafe D'Antonio (sit at the bar and let Mauricio take care of you) and Columbias in Celebration are my other two favorites. My thinking is to go to local, one off restaurants. As you'll see, most of the responses are chain restaurants . . . which baffles my mind as to why someone would want to go to a place they can eat when they're at home. But I guess I understand that they know what they're getting when they go there. Anyway, I just like to try places I can't go to at home. Just my opinion.

Sweet Melissa

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but there's a whole thread on this subject just below yours:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/favorite-places-to-eat-off-property.843457/

It wasn't intentional. The OP originally posted this thread on the restaurants board, but it was moved here.

I tend to agree with you about chains, even if they did originate in the area. The overwhelming number of replies that places like Bahama Breeze get always surprise me. Aren't those all over the place now?

Disneyhead'71

Christini's at Sand Lake and Dr. Phillip's
The Palm at the Hard Rock Hotel@Universal
The Ravenous Pig in Winter Park
BiCE at Portofino Bay@Universal
Emeril's Orlando

More economical:
Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza on Sand Lake (comparable to Via Napoli)
Tutu Tango Cafe
4Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park and Winter Garden

HollyAD

Steak and Shake...yes I know it is a chain but there are none anywhere near me. It's cheap and much better than regular fast food!I have to go every time I go to Florida.

jkl2000

We were hungry and went to the lobby and they gave us a menu, and we ordered in! Of course, it would have been nice to have paper plates. We ended up having to rip the pizza box and create makeshift plates! :p

That's Disney Magic right there, that is!

deanaandrich

Linda's la cantina steakhouse on colonial drive. It's been open for over 60 years. Filet mignon wrapped in bacon with a side of spaghetti and a bottle of house wine. Yum.....

NiarrNDisney

When I stay off property we stay in our time share in Davenport which is only a 15 min drive to the World. Some of our favorite places to eat are:

Bamboo Wok (Great Chinese)
Mia Pizza (Amazing Pizza)
Red Lobster (Cross Roads)
Sundays Grill (Best Fish and Chips)
TGI Friday's (Cross Roads)

PolynesianPrincess

It wasn't intentional. The OP originally posted this thread on the restaurants board, but it was moved here.

I tend to agree with you about chains, even if they did originate in the area. The overwhelming number of replies that places like Bahama Breeze get always surprise me. Aren't those all over the place now?

Actually Bahama Breeze isn't all over the place just yet. The closest one to us is over 2 hours away and it just opened last year. We don't have a lot of stuff up here in Maine like BB, Red Lobster, Hooter's, Steak and Shake, Cici's, Golden Corral, Sonic, etc... so for some people, these places they're saying they like to dine at, may not be close to them at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom