favorite places to eat off property?

MOXOMUMD

Actually Bahama Breeze isn't all over the place just yet. The closest one to us is over 2 hours away and it just opened last year. We don't have a lot of stuff up here in Maine like BB, Red Lobster, Hooter's, Steak and Shake, Cici's, Golden Corral, Sonic, etc... so for some people, these places they're saying they like to dine at, may not be close to them at home.
I love Bahama Breeze! Unfortunately the closest one to me is an hour away. :(

Soarin2u

Steak and Shake, Pizza Hut, Olive Garden, Golden Corale, CiCi's, Dennys (favorite), and Ponderosa.
Denny's is our favorite, we stay at the hotel across the street the day we come and go so we always hit Denny's. wWe have gotten a awesome waiter the past 2 years we've gone and he seems to recognize us so heh, Ive gotten a Mickey shaped pancake every time because he'd asked the cook to make one. (They down look the greatest but they'll do :D)

Cane27

After all the meals go to Twistee Treat for dessert which is about 1/2 mile north of Crossroads on right. Great ice cream and reasonably priced

Figments Friend

Bob Evans is great for breakfast on a budget, but the food is yummy and fills you up. Decent coffee too.
IHOP is awesome for breakfast as well, pancakes exspecially.

Steak n* Shake is a novelty....and i usually visit at least once when in town.

DicksonGR

Bahama Breeze is a firm favourite of mine. I really want to try Nona Blue this September which is golfer Greame McDowell's new restaurant/bar. Looks nice ...

jkraup

What restaurants do you like that are close to the parks? Some people that stay off property don't go to a Disney restaurant every night during their vacations, so I want to know some of your favorites. If you are a local and know the area really well that's even better!
I stay in the Downtown Disney area and enjoy Black Angus (if you like steak/seafood). There are other Black Angus restaurants near Universal Studios. If you like seafood, I recommend Boston Lobster Fest. Is about $40 pp but is all the lobster/filet mignon/seafood you can eat. I also like Bubba Gumps at Universal Studios City Walk.

WDW Monorail

McDonalds, Texas de Brazil, Red Lobster, Fridays.
A few years ago, a Fridays opened in my town. Since it opened, I've been to the Friday's in Crossroads more often than I have to the one near home. I also go to the Red Lobster at CR way more often than the one about 25 minutes away from home.

real mad hatter

Olive Garden..I know..It's a chain..Ate at the one on I-D..5 out of 7 nights...( 2006 ) Spotted this queue of people waiting outside one night from the I-Drive bus...Always a good sign..Great value..Great prices..Good food..Excellent choice of wines..Great choice on menu..Great server..;)

bethymouse

I stay in the Downtown Disney area and enjoy Black Angus (if you like steak/seafood). There are other Black Angus restaurants near Universal Studios. If you like seafood, I recommend Boston Lobster Fest. Is about $40 pp but is all the lobster/filet mignon/seafood you can eat. I also like Bubba Gumps at Universal Studios City Walk.
We enjoyed Black Angus very much!

IWantMyMagicBand

We stayed in the bubble last time so didn't venture outside, but the times before we loved dining at Chili's. They opened here (U.K) briefly and we had a local one that we spent a lot of time in, but they went into administration a couple of years ago. Hopefully get back to Chili's next year.
Also loved eating at Rosie O Gradys.

itsbetsyh

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but there's a whole thread on this subject just below yours:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/favorite-places-to-eat-off-property.843457/

But my favorites are 4Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park, it's worth the drive from WDW. Cafe D'Antonio (sit at the bar and let Mauricio take care of you) and Columbias in Celebration are my other two favorites. My thinking is to go to local, one off restaurants. As you'll see, most of the responses are chain restaurants . . . which baffles my mind as to why someone would want to go to a place they can eat when they're at home. But I guess I understand that they know what they're getting when they go there. Anyway, I just like to try places I can't go to at home. Just my opinion.
4 Rivers!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom