Favorite Nightime Ride

jdrork

Never done JC at night because I tend to spend the even in FutureLand which is the pest at night.
1 TOT
2 TTA
3 BTMR

Never done everest because I often go in the summer and the extra hour are still not dark.

DisneyGator

Yes, BTMRR is a totally different ride in the dark! It just seems faster and crazier and all around better!!! I always try to hit that one when it's dark.

I really love walking around the parks at night, especially MK--it just seems so pretty at night. I also love walking around World Showcase at night...sometimes we will literally spend hours just strolling around WS, drinking beers and talking, and not really 'doing' anything else. It's really wonderful!!!!!

Jungle Cruise. Once in the temple the skipper did the entire "not a speck of light is showing so the danger must be growing" from Willy Wonka.....

Best Jungle Cruise trip EVER!

OklaHoops

HM by far. (Natural themeing)

Splash Mountain is pretty good at night since you can see the castle.

At Disneyland, I would include Matterhorn and PotC. :eek:

Korfar

Big thunder mountain, Mad Tea Party. I haven't been on jungle cruise at night. We will have to try that this year. It sounds like it would even more fun at night.

urbanvegan

Big Thunder is my #1!

It's a shame that the other parks don't have many outdoor rides that have the same dichotomy between day and night experiences.

shmmrname

Isn't the whole HM, BTMRR, S!M, and PotC walk back to Main Street really the way to go? Just get in the queues that are the shortest.

WDW-Crazy

Splash Mountain is definitely my favorite! In fact, the experience is alot better at night than in the day. You can see Cinderella Castle and the Contemporary all lit up, it's just truly magical. I first rode that and Big Thunder at night during evening Extra Magic Hours on our last trip.

Big Thunder was also pretty good at night. I have yet to try out Test Track at night. I'm hoping we'll be able to hit an Epcot evening Extra Magic Hours this time.

DisneyGigi

Nothing is better for me, than timing it perfectly to be riding Splash and go down the drop as Wishes is starting. :) BTMRR is good too but not like staring at the castle with fireworks when you go down that drop.

JWG

Not in any particular order:
Test Track, ToT, TTA, Splash and BTM.

Probably Everest if it were open at this time. Mine are all about views of the park at night.

Walle

I love BTM at night! Especially in the very last seat ( I always ask for it and wait a few trains to get it). I agree with everyone that said it's wilder and seems faster at night. My other faves are JC, TTA, and SM. The Jungle Cruise is so mysterious at night. Tomorrowland is beautiful and SM is even more fun! I hope to get on TT this Friday with the Extra Magic Hours to try it at night! :sohappy::sohappy:

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
I don't think this has been mentioned, but Characters in Flight is AWESOME at night! I got lucky the last time I did it and could see Illuminations going on! You also can see the Contemporary, The Studios, and even Universal from up there! It's like 2 different rides...day vs. night. I highly recommend doing both, but I prefer night!

Walle

I forgot to mention my fave time doing POTC at night! It was awesome during Princess and Pirate Party, just after watching Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial, to go on POTC was so much fun with all the Pirates movie's music on outside! :cool:

MKCP 1985

I love to ride Astro Orbiter at night. I still not been on JC at night, but I've heard it is the best time to go.

Astro Orbiter at night while Spectro Magic is making its way up Main Street or around the hub is a great time. :king:

All the outdoor rides are a different experience after dark, for certain. Very fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom