Favorite Nightime Ride

shmmrname

Splash! is pretty great at night, but the only problem is most of the ride is indoors. Splash! is probably still my favorite ride overall, but we've had too much fun on BTMRR to not list it as my favorite night-timer. The queue is great, it's open and fairly tall, so you can see some of the park. We've been able to joke around with other vacationers and CM's pretty frequently there too. Plus, the ride itself is spent outside the majority of the time, so you get the great view and crisp air. That's the reason why it's still the wildest ride in the wilderness...

harveyt0206

We rode Jungle Cruise for the first time at night during our last trip and really loved it. So my vote is for JC with BTMRR a close second.

BrerFrog

Another vote for BTMR and Splash Mountain. I heard that Thunder goes fast at night too because the tracks are cooled off. Haunted Mansion is also awesome at night.

I am not sure about that, I will wait until someone confirms that story. However, the ride does seem to be more thrilling at night, but I had always attributed that to the lack of light, not to the cooling of the tracks.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
My vote is temporarily lodged for BTMRR. I plan on finally riding JC at night on my upcoming trip. And if the hype is to be believed, then I may have a different feeling on the matter.

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
I've never thought about doing JC at night! We normally do that early in the day and then forget about it! I'll be sure to try it at night when we go back in June.

Hrudey3032

I love HM at night as the ambiance of the Mansion lighting up from the lightning and just thinking of going some place creepy at night is awesome. I also love TTA, TT and BTMRR at night.

glee

I love Mk at night and the peter pan ride. I know its inside anyway but it makes it more magical since the rides supposed to be based at night. :)

Big thunder mountain hurts at night! :ROFLOL: You cant see where your going so dont know which way to lean. :lol:

Matt and Kelly

I am not sure about that, I will wait until someone confirms that story. However, the ride does seem to be more thrilling at night, but I had always attributed that to the lack of light, not to the cooling of the tracks.

I have to agree with you there. I thought the ride speeds up the most mid-day, when it's hot :shrug:

At any rate, the ride definitely seems a little crazier when the sun goes down

BrerFrog

I've never thought about doing JC at night! We normally do that early in the day and then forget about it! I'll be sure to try it at night when we go back in June.

You should definitely try it. The total darkness in the middle of the jugngle when the only source of light comes from within your boat adds a great deal of mystery to the ride. Just don't do it during Wishes, the fireworks' noise can be annoying.

sorcerergoofy

Original Poster
You should definitely try it. The total darkness in the middle of the jugngle when the only source of light comes from within your boat adds a great deal of mystery to the ride. Just don't do it during Wishes, the fireworks' noise can be annoying.

I don't have to worry about doing it during Wishes, I'll be front and center by the time that starts! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom