Favorite lost TV shows

nibblesandbits

Ed was freaking awesome. Atleast we got 4 good seasons instead of just one or a partial season like many other shows and they were able to provide a great ending. I've heard it's one of the most requested shows that people want on DVD but getting rights to the music used on the show seems to be a huge problem. Thank God for things like youtube, plenty of Ed clips there. One of my favorite shows of all time.

I would have loved a few more seaons of Alias. I love me some Jennifer Garner, but that show was getting so hard to follow I guess it's good that they ended when they did and atleast got to have a satisfying conclusion.

Yeah...I heard the music was a problem too. It's weird they didn't figure that out beforehand. However, Ed was right before they started putting tv shows on DVD. I mean it ended just as DVD shows were starting...so it's not like they knew DVD sales on TV shows would be a huge hit. Still a shame.

Disneybird you said it...Homefront. I loved that show. It came out when I had my oldest. Another one for us girls was Sisters. I loved the four sisters and their trials and tribulations every week.

OMG! Sisters! I remember watching that as a kid. I loved that show!

k.hunter30

Yeah...I heard the music was a problem too. It's weird they didn't figure that out beforehand. However, Ed was right before they started putting tv shows on DVD. I mean it ended just as DVD shows were starting...so it's not like they knew DVD sales on TV shows would be a huge hit. Still a shame.

OMG! Sisters! I remember watching that as a kid. I loved that show!
Wasn't George Clooney on that show? :slurp: As a cop?
It took place right around the corner from where I grew up. :)

Goofyjimbo

It was a shame when Queer eye ended. I loved Carsons Quirkyness. But Im glad he has his own show on lifetime called How to look good naked. The season premier is actually on tonight at 10 so you know ill be on the couch watching it later.

rainfully

Ummm... i TOTALLY agree on My So Called Life!!! That show did NOT last long enough!!

And also Arrested Developement!!!! That show was FABULOUS!!!! I actually just got the entire series on DVD today for my birthday!!! :sohappy:

Number_6

I had the BIGGEST guilty pleasure for Fastlane :shrug: Apparently it was over $1 million each episode to produce so it was axed. :(

The 2nd show was The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr., starring Bruce Campbell.

Also Dead Like Me. I was very bummed that show was canceled - it was fantastic!

Dark Angel was good, too....and Tru Calling.

RIP. :(

Sledgge Hammer! - lasted two short seasons in the 80s. Hysterical.

I have to agree with all the shows listed up there and then add in Wonderfalls. The cast for that show was fantastic and had a great dynamic. The writing was wonderful (Bryan Fuller who created Dead Like Me was involved as was Tim Minear who was a writer for Angel and worked with Joss Whedon on Firefly as well). It's on DVD now so if you have seen it, at least rent it if you don't buy it. I promise it's really funny and has some great dramatic scenes as well.

And speaking of Bryan Fuller, he left Dead Like Me for its second season because he didn't like the direction Showtime wanted to take it, so that's why it wasn't as good in season two and got canceled. Although, I'm not sure if it got released yet, but is a Dead Like Me movie coming to DVD this year.

Give me more fresh, new MXC!
They can only do as many new episodes as there are episodes of Takeshi's Castle to take footage from. Once those run out, so does the series.

Erika

Freaks & Geeks was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title. I'm another big fan. I have the dvd set, which is great... shame they weren't able to do more :(

Oops! No, I meant Sisters. It was supposed to take place in Wilmette or Winnetka, Illinois I think...

LOVED that show!!

My husband loves Vegas. Me, not so much. (Too much eye candy there) :lol:

Therein lies the beauty
smilie_naughty.gif

Seriously, though, I think that show lost it after Nessa left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom